PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Coaches

rockcreek
08-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Would soemone please enlighten me on the Legendary conversions? Can't seem to find anything except they are out of business?
Mike

jack14r
08-18-2009, 06:03 AM
I have looked at the Legendary product a few years ago and I found them not very exciting,If you don't care about resale and you are going to keep it for 5+ years a Legendary might be OK.The supplier items are the same as other converters and can be maintained by others.In this market I would try to buy a coach that is not an orphan,since cash king you have the upper hand at the moment and you should use it to your advantage.I bet that a Liberty or Marathon can be very similar to an orphan in price if you are willing to take the time to look,and as others have said if you have the time it is a lot of fun and helps with the learning curve.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Legendary coaches are not likely to represent what might be considered the best conversions. They were only around a short time, and when the business failed dealers or whoever owned new coaches were selling them at unheard of prices and this was before it shifted into a buyer's market.

Some brand new Legendary coaches were being sold in the low $600,000 range. I am sure those that are out there can be bought very inexpensively, and as Jack says they can be serviced. I think the price has to be the primary reason to purchase one.

Danss
08-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I have owned a Marathon and a orphan bus. Eliminate the different kinds of air condition options(3) and you have a bus only being mainly different in furnishings and decorations and quality of same.
A Prevost is a Prevost, tires, batteries, water pumps, valtrex water and sewer dump valves, several different inverters(doing the same thing), TV, radio, refrigerators, Micro, Convection Oven (which very few use) Aqua hot, headhunter toilets and pumps, lights, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, all mostly off the shelf items whether it be a Marathon, Liberty, Vantare, Thompson, Vision, Legendery, Royal, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
Buy what appeals to you, because they all can be serviced by any number of converters and with the help of many knowlegable people on this site such as Jon, Joe,Tom etc, etc, etc, etc.
No matter what you get be prepared to STAND on your WALLET as the requirements for service and maintenance is HIGH.

JIM KELLER
08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Dan, Got an update on your Bus ? Is it down here somewhere ? Can I check on it for you ?

Danss
08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
It is at Parliament . Repairs are underway. Had to wait on Bay door and one panel from Canada then paint. I do appreciate you offer to look in on it. If it were mechanical repairs I would be right there with it. Since it is body work and paint I am useless.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I vote for Dan getting a free pass on the wide turn award. He has suffered enough. Can I hear a big AMEN!

dalej
08-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Jon,

I'm not so sure Jo would be in favor of that, she might just get a chuckle over it and be able to use it for awhile. :)

Jon Wehrenberg
08-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Dale, us guys need to stick together. She probably has a whole arsenal to use to keep Dan in line. We don't need to add to it.

Sid Tuls
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Mike, there is a bunch of info on Legendary Coaches on the Prevost Stuff Site. I also saw a new one @ Prevost Mira Loma last week getting serviced. I don't know if it's for sale or what just noticed it didn't have plates. I also have an orphan coach but I have great support from them and also have all the manuals to go with the coach. The great thing about my coach is that I can call Rick Thompson @ anytime and he is always willing to help:) I think it's very important to get all the diagrams of the converter and better yet all the pictures if they have them of the coach as it was being built.

Danss
08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
At my age I need all the free passes I can get! Thanks Jon and Dale!!

tpr
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I purchased a 2006 Legendary in April and it has been pretty good so far. Prevost and Panterra Coach have serviced it , and they believe it is built well. It has all the same features as every other conversion and can be serviced anywhere. The interior is clean and contemperary and easy to live in. The former service manager , Dave Rousey,from Legendary runs a shop in Oregon and is happy to work on or give advice. Dave also has build sheets from the 35 coaches built. They are worth a look if you are interested.

rockcreek
08-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Our last coach turned orphan, and although that does not concern me that much, I think we will stick with looking at Marathon & Liberty. We just have to get the decision made between XL & H3. I'm the XL fan, and she is fond of the H3. So, the search goes on! As someone said, that's part of the fun!

Sid Tuls
08-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Our last coach turned orphan, and although that does not concern me that much, I think we will stick with looking at Marathon & Liberty. We just have to get the decision made between XL & H3. I'm the XL fan, and she is fond of the H3. So, the search goes on! As someone said, that's part of the fun!

No the real fun comes when you own it and are going down the Hwy:D

jack14r
08-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Rock,I am a stainless guy also but I do see the benefit of a H,I really don't like the extra step and the passenger location which is up and behind the driver in the H,but I do like the flat floor and the vertical sides.We all like different things that is why it is great to shop for the right one.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Now the fun begins Rock.

You declared the family positions.

We'll see who wins out. :D;)

Wife, H3

Rock, XL

:)JIM

donniev
08-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Rockcreek, i know where there are tho libertys and one marathon for sale, all by private owners that are motivated. you can email me if you want to hear about them.

merle&louise
08-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Rockcreek, i know where there are tho libertys and one marathon for sale, all by private owners that are motivated. you can email me if you want to hear about them.

Donniev,

Could you give me the websites where the Liberty & Marathon buses are listed?

Thanks,

Tuga Gaidry

donniev
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi Tuga, they are not currently listed but I do have Pictures. Do you Still have my email? Dvucinovic@aol.com

kenrobertson
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Careful Donnie - I don't think you know about "The Tuga Discount"

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Careful Donnie - I don't think you know about "The Tuga Discount"

What do you mean Discount, you HAVE TO PAY Tuga to take it ! :eek: :D

Gary S.

merle&louise
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Donnie,

Thanks, I'll send you an email.

Ken & Gary,

You guys make it sound like I drive a hard bargin!

If you want to see a tough negotiator, Ken Robertson is the man! He can make you feel like the AFLAC duck after he spins the numbers around. I walked into his brokerage business in Florida to ask directions, and the next thing I know I bought a Newell:eek:

Talk about a salesman!