PDA

View Full Version : ABS LIGHT

Jamie Bradford
08-14-2009, 10:04 PM
2000 Country Coach......ABS light is on ( and has been for a few ).......

Is this an immediate concern or can it be dealt with a bit later???

Brakes seem to be working fine.

Thanks

Jamie

merle&louise
08-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Jamie,

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine lights up every once in a while, mostly when it is humid. After the humidity dries up it goes out. It usually doesn't stay on for very long, maybe 3 minutes.

How are you enjoying the Country Coach?

Kevin Erion
08-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Jamie,
The late XL chassis had the rear sender inside the rear end housing, not a great location. I think a lot fail and it is not a cheap fix. My personal opinion is if you are not on snow or ice, it's not a big deal.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Mine, like the ABS system on other coaches lights when it is damp. It goes off when things dry out.

There is a switch in the steer bay on my Vintage coach that can be used to flash the codes.

If it is on all the time it might be worthwhile to flash the codes to see what it is saying is wrong. If it's the sensor in the rear end you may opt to not do anything, but if its just a simple fault it might be worth fixing. I have the books so at OKC if you want to borrow them come and see me.

truk4u
08-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Jamie,

It happened to me once with your bus. Flashed the code in the steering bay and it was a rear sensor. The instructions are in the Meritor manual. Reset the ABS and all was good. Don't be concerned if the ABS light doesn't go out after resetting. You have to drive and exceed something like 5 mph before it goes out.

GSwaim
02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
I too have a ABS fault that has a Fault code of SID#13, FMI#3 and reads "Retarter shorted to 12V" Anyone know what can be done with that?

ToyMan
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
My ABS light came on in a Monaco (I know I know) I once owned. It was caused by a fire in the inside wheel area. Excess heat can cause the sensor to fail thus causing the ABS feature to fail.

Yea, I put it out. As an after thought, I probably should have let it burn. At the time I was afraid I would receive a ticket for littering.