PDA

View Full Version : Twin Fountains OKC

GDeen
08-11-2009, 08:13 PM
On our way home last week, had to make a quick change in plans due to a storm which flooded the park we had a reservations for in southern OK. Called Twin Fountains in OKC, which is the site of the fall rally, and they had a slot for the night.

Nice park. Lots of new sites being added at each end. Lots of space between sites with trees and grass. No cable or picnic tables but that is about all it is lacking. New sites are currently gravel but I am assuming they will be concrete ultimately. The powers that be done good.:cool:

Jerry Winchester
08-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I think I was in the same slot earlier in the summer.

Ray Davis
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Is it the angle of the pictures, or are these lots none too level?

GDeen
08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Ray,

It is a hilly park but the actual spot for your bus and the patio area were very level. Attached is a snapshot of the patio side of our site for reference. The drive down where Jerry's Hummer is parked is sloped down to the street but not too harshly. In fact, I was looking at the section we were parked in and was impressed with how well they did with the layout given the relief in the park. Much much better than say La Hacienda is here in Lakeway where some of the sites are parallel to the slope and very unlevel.

We went in and out with the GX hooked up and there was plenty of manuevering room.

Jerry, looks like it may be the same one or close to it.

Jerry Winchester
08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Ray,

The site are the only thing there that is level. All the roads / grass are sloped, so it's just an optical deal.

dalej
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Gordon,

In the first picture you posted from the rear, your bus looks 60 feet long.

lloyd&pamela
08-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Looks like that wide angle lens was working overtime.

GDeen
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Nikon point and shoot on both pics - think the perspective from behind and below makes it seem that way.

Orren Zook
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Jerry or Gordon, looks like you'd have to run your suspension up to the maximum travel height to clear the concrete pulling off that site. Did you notice any ground clearance problems?

GDeen
08-12-2009, 08:13 AM
None whatsoever for me Orren.