PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Pictures

dale farley
08-11-2009, 12:48 AM
We've been in Yellowstone for a few days now, but this is the first day I've made any pictures. There are 2 of Hayden Valley and one of the Yellowstone River.

The other two are of a bison bull and his girl friend. He was guarding his girl from all the other bulls, and he came up to the edge of the road and stuck out his tongue at me as we passed by.

dalej
08-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Wished we could join you two out there. Looks great!

GDeen
08-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Nice pics Dale. I believe that ole boy thinks you are after his woman....think you would lose that battle!

hobobimmer
08-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Dale and Paulette:

COOL pictures! Are you working out there all of August again this year? Have fun.

Deb, Eric, and Jay Faires

Denny
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Maybe the sheep have been talking to the bison.

lloyd&pamela
08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Dale great photos, we look forward to being there in September.

dale farley
08-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Eric, We are going to be here for the months of Aug and Sep, then go to OKC. We are trying to deal with this weather (sunny and 73) most days compared to the 92-100 we are missing in Florida!!!!

dale farley
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
A few pictures while on our way to Mystic Falls(not far from Old Faithful). The hot springs are called Sapphire Pool and is one of hundreds of such pools throughout the Park. Many seem to have no bottom. These are not the type hot springs that you get in for medicimal reasons. Many are close to boiling and others boil continuously.

The one picture is just an unusual stump that we passed on the trail. I am having to make the pictures in low resolution, so I can upload them on this painfully slow dial-up connection.

dalej
08-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Dale what happened after the photo on the log....

Let me guess,

rfoster
08-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Great Pics Dale and Paulette.

Wish we were gonna get to join you again this year, but we are gonna go South and West of Denver this time and loop back to OKC. We might hook up along that trip. We will be on the lookout for you.

Keep the photos coming.

dale farley
08-18-2009, 12:51 AM
We took an 8 mile hike along the Yellowstone River today, and here are a few shots:

The Bald Eagle was about 500 feet away, so he is a little smaller than I would prefer.

The second shot was looking over the Yellowstone Lake where it runs into Yellowstone River.

The last was a reflection of clouds in the river that I made from the trail, looking through some trees.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-18-2009, 07:22 AM
The two Dales, Lloyd and Mango should set up a photo display at OKC. You guys have an eye for photography.

Jerry Winchester
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
My best photo from Yellowstone.

rfoster
08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Is that fried Okra? I didn't know they even knew about Okra in Wyoming.

Jerry Winchester
08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I hauled it from Oklahoma. Along with the ribeyes. I think the taters came from the Yellowstone Lake Store.

garyde
08-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Jdub, What, no sheep meat?

BrianE
08-18-2009, 11:57 PM
JDUB, Who does your nails? :rolleyes:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-19-2009, 10:03 AM
My best photo from Yellowstone.

I couldn't have pictured JDUB with the French Style Manicure, but I got to admit it looks real good on him !

Gary S.

dale farley
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
The first picture is a big bull that was resting about 50' from the trail. We were hoping he was too lazy to get up until we passed by.

The second shot was just an unusual picture of some moss. I liked it and the light was good, so I shot it. The blue backgrond is the river. Actually, I figured if I made a picture of the moss, I could carry it around with me and always know which way was South.

The last picture is a shot of Fishing Bridge and Yellowstone River. This may be the only bridge that is called "fishing bridge", yet you can't fish from it. Fishing was outlawed in the mid 70's because the trout spawn right under the bridge.

dale farley
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
A few pictures made today between Yellowstone and Cody, WY. The highway runs between rock formations on both sides that are interesting and beautiful. President Roosevelt said this is the most scenic drive in the U.S. That may be a little overstatement, but it is a beautiful drive. The last one is a small herd of bison, grazing close to Lake Yellowstone.

dale farley
09-20-2009, 10:37 PM
DaleJ,

I didn't understand your question on page 2 of this post until I looked at it again today. The first time I saw the question, the picture didn't show on my computer. Paulette still hasn't recovered from that episode.

dale farley
09-20-2009, 11:09 PM
A couple pictures from yesterday and today. The first two were from a hike we took yesterday. The first one just shows the beauty of the Wyoming sky in Yellowstone.

The mule deer was only a few feet from the hiking path and didn't seem to mind us walking by as long as she kept her eye on us.

One of the most elusive animals in the park is the moose. We were on our way to church in Cody this morning, when we spotted this cow with two calves about 500 feet from the road.

The last shot is typical of the buffalo (bison) walking across Fishing Bridge. They had rather walk across the bridge than to get wet in the river.