PDA

View Full Version : OH WELL

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-10-2009, 08:38 AM
When you're down and dirty with crap, you you can't raise the bus on the bags by running the engine from rear start:(, you still have to go inside and turn the ign key to on :eek:

dalej
08-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Ok Jim, move away from the computer. :)

Jon Wehrenberg
08-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Jimbo,

If you had done a better job of planning you would have set the switches so engine start from the rear would have raised the coach.

What would you still be doing to that coach that would get your hands dirty anyway? By now I would think it would be fully serviced, all cleaned up (including slack adjusters), and completely waxed including the roof. You've had it almost a year haven't you? You did get it out of the snow, right?

tdelorme
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Jon, he is trying his best to keep up the coaches past glory. Not gonna happen, but at least he's giving it a shot. I do think having the bus delivered to OKC on a flatbed truck is over the top, but hey, they will be salting the roads up there in Oct so maybe it's a good idea.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Rumor has it he will be driving the bus to OKC. His greatest fear if he has it trailered is that someone will think it is a Harley.

GDeen
08-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Getting rough around here ..... a Prevost Trailer Queen???? :eek:

truk4u
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Setting the switches on my Liberty system does nothing unless the ignition is on. I assume the Elegant Lady has something special!

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I think Jon meant, I should have thought ahead and turned the ignition switch to on before I left the bus and got down and dirty. Nothing elegant about that. :D

Little by little I am learning the fine points :confused::rolleyes:

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
08-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm just curious, but why would it be advantageous to leave the bus in the down position, and then need it to go to the up position after you did something that got you dirty?

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Well, what I did was some gardening and lawn work and I was too dirty to go into the bus. I wanted to go for a ride so I had to take the bus off the stands. I wanted to do that before I got cleaned up and commenced to rear start to build air to get up on the bags. After 5 min and the bus not rising I had the DAH moment and changed the plan. I got cleaned up and went in and turned the key, back out and remove the stands, clean up again and away I go. So there you have it, nothing fancy.:rolleyes:

JIM

garyde
08-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Jim. Can't you just open the driver's window.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Jim. Can't you just open the driver's window.

GaryDe, that was just plain abuse. Pickin on Jim C. I mean come on, he hasn't been able to put more than 25 miles on his new bus since he bought it and there you go, pickin on him....:D

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-11-2009, 08:42 AM
An 85 year old man is celebrating his birthday, when he hears a knock at his door. When he opens the door, there is a beautiful woman standing there wearing nothing but a full length fur coat, black boots and black gloves.

She says to him: " I hear it is your birthday, and I am hear to give you SuperSex"

He says, " What kind of Soup is it? " :eek: :D

Gary S.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-11-2009, 09:12 AM
So that was a clean joke, I take it :rolleyes::D

JIM:eek:

Will Garner
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Here is one I received from a friend a couple of days ago. I thouhgt since this thread was this far off course I'd just throw it in here.

Guts or Balls? - Your Choice!

There is a medical distinction. We've all heard about people having guts or
balls, but do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to
keep you informed, the definitions are listed below:

GUTS - Is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by
your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: 'Are you still cleaning,
or are you flying somewhere?'

BALLS - Is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of
perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the butt
and having the balls to say: 'You're next, Chubby.'

I hope this clears up any confusion on the definitions. Medically speaking
there is no difference in the outcome. Both result in death.

dalej
08-11-2009, 11:06 PM
gary & will,

thanks for the humor, i needed it tonight.