PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom lights

Ernie Robinson
08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I have a 1991 Liberty and only one side of the lights work. Any ideas ? Thanks for all help.

edsaylor
08-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Ernie: One side reading light works with the light switch by the bed. The other side works from the chrestron on that side of the bed on my Liberty. Hope this helps.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Ernie,

This information may be worth every cent you paid for it (nothing), but here goes.

On my early model Liberty it had the standard second bay, driver side electrical compartment. On the LH side wall were what could be assumed as fuses and circuit breakers for the entire coach. But in fact there were sub panels for the low voltage circuits inside the coach. My bedroom sub panel with more fuses and circuit breakers was located inside the vanity cabinet accessed by removing the drawers.

Your coach is newer so Liberty may have changed that, but if you do have sub panels you do need to find them so you can trouble shoot issues such as you describe. I would not rule out a loose terminal or a bad switch, so the first step has to be verifying you have power at the switch. If not start going backwards on the circuit until you find the open in the circuit.

Good luck.

truk4u
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Ernie,

Be more specific. Are you talking about A/C or D/C, interior lights, outside docking lights or running lights?