PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Question

adamdegraff
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Just out of curiosity...

In most interior pictures of Liberty conversions, on the dash board I notice what looks to be an outline of bus, showing each of the wheels. What is this? What's it for?

~Adam

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
It is an area where various warning lights are located to tell of all sorts of things such as the water pump is on, the shore power is connected, the forward shutters are closed the cargo lights are on, the various electrical circuits are on, the webasto is on, etc.

Its a way a driver can do a last minute check on things to verify it is OK to move the coach. Some items are reminders such as the light to say the Webasto is on, but some will really keep you out of trouble like the shore power being connected or the antenna is up.

adamdegraff
08-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Question answered!

jelmore
08-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Adam, that bus outline, I believe, is only on the Liberty Elegant Lady (24v house), like Jon's. Ours is a Lady Classic (12v house) and this is our dash in this pic.
http://2000liberty.info/all_pics/l/P8174510.jpg
In our coach, this is the same dash as in the 2001 XLII (from what I've ben told). The panel with all the warning lights is right above the speedometer and tachometer and I suppose it's in the shape of a bus, but it doesn't have wheels.

phorner
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Boy, Jim, does that dash look familiar! :D

I believe that Liberty switched the dash layout from the older, "bus outline" display to the one that we have with the indicator lights above the tach and speedometer, sometime between the 1998 and 2000 model years.

adamdegraff
08-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Adam, that bus outline, I believe, is only on the Liberty Elegant Lady (24v house), like Jon's. Ours is a Lady Classic (12v house) and this is our dash in this pic.
http://2000liberty.info/all_pics/l/P8174510.jpg
In our coach, this is the same dash as in the 2001 XLII (from what I've ben told). The panel with all the warning lights is right above the speedometer and tachometer and I suppose it's in the shape of a bus, but it doesn't have wheels.

Ooooo, purty! The reason I ask is that a friend of mine is looking at pictures of Mango's bus. And he asked me what that outline was. And I didn't know. But isn't Mango's bus a Classic? Hmmmm, now that I know what it does, I'm even more confused. :-)

~Adam

Jon Wehrenberg
08-08-2009, 07:07 PM
The bus outline on the dash started sometime in the early to mid 90's. It was not exclusive to the Liberty Elegant Lady.

When the new style dash was introduced for the XLII model I think Liberty changed the dash early on their conversions and that eliminated the bus outline.

Mango's is a Classic, which in my opinion is the model to have when using a coach for business purposes. It has an electrical system that is very simple to maintain. Although my Elegant lady 24 volt system has been reliable, not everyone is capable of understanding or repairing it if a problem should arise. The 12 volt coach system is about as trouble free as an anvil, and as easy to repair as anything out there.