PDA

View Full Version : Will Garner in BCM

Loc
08-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Will,

That was a nice picture of you and your bride in the Bus Conversions Magazine this month. How was the rally?

Loc

Will Garner
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Loc,

The rally was really small, with nice people and an exceptional 1957 Flexible that made the trip worth while. Wade is just 60 miles from my home base and I needed a shakedown trip before going away for June. The weather was fine, the food was "down home", and the entertainment was provided by a group of Gospel singers that travel in an old GMC 4104 (maybe).

I'll try to attach a couple photos of the Flxible. The conversion was all done by the owner. He admitted to traveling around looking at the products being used by the major converters and then "borrowing" their ideas. Of course it is not like a Prevost by any stretch of the imagination. 96" wide, I think 35 foot long, no raised roof, and very compact. Of course that makes for a light weight bus and the owner had updated the powerplant to a current generation diesel (faster than Jay Leno's he says). By the way, he does use a toad vehicle. Look at the back bumper and see if you can locate the hitch. Look real close!

So here are the photos, I hope