PDA

View Full Version : Wintering in Florida Recommendations?

lloyd&pamela
07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
We are going to winter in Florida this year and would like to get any recommendations for places to stay.

We would like to do one month stays in three places: 1. near Seaside, 2, near Sarasota or Naples, and 3. near Key West.

We know the prices are high we just want to find nice places and get our reservations made a soon as possible since we have been told it is difficult to find places if you don't stay 5 months.

Any recommendations for campgrounds or owner sites we can rent for a month.

Thanks everyone.

jonnie
07-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Lloyd,

Try Pelican Lake RV Resort in Naples. Expensive but a great facility.

ajhaig
07-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Lloyd,

We stayed at the Larry and Penny Thompson Campground in Miami for a month. The place was great, good layout, nice people, safe and it's unbelievably cheap (I think it was about $15.00 per day w/ 50 amp if you get the monthly rate).

We like Miami and liked being close to the keys.

AJ

rickdesilva
07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Lloyd,
Pelican Lake used to be expensive but Johnnie and the Ohio team stayed too long and drove down all our property values:). So its not as expensive as it once was.

edsaylor
07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Outdoor Resorts at Port St. Lucie is a great Resort. They have some 125+ lots for sale and with the market slow rented them for 1/2 price last year. You may want to check it out for this coming year. Rent was $900/ month last year.

jonnie
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Rick,

That may be true, but we had one helluva' time eating into your kids inheritance?

lloyd&pamela
07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Thank you, we will look into each of these. Has anyone stayed in Key West we were told there were a couple of nice campground there?

We love Seaside on the panhandle and for years used to stay the month of December in one of the cottages, so we love the area. Since we have the bus we would like to find a campground in the area near Seaside or Grayton Beach, anyone have any experience there?

Are Bill and Jody still living in Florida, we wanted to see them while we were there and do not know there name on POG?

bonhall41
07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
The closest you're going to find to Seaside will be in Panama City Beach or Destin. We're in the area so could do some checking around if you want. Do you want on the water or it doesn't matter?

lloyd&pamela
07-31-2009, 06:20 PM
On or near the water if possible. Thanks

CFleck
07-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Lloyd,I just posted a question on this thread but I just read that you rented a cottage in FL. for a month if you could read my question I think you could answer it for me,thanks

truk4u
07-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Lloyd,

Bill and Jodie are still at TGO in Titusville, but have completely fallen off the POG site. We saw them earlier this year at our mini rally at TGO.

Danss
07-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Ed and Sandy(POG MEMBERS) live in Key west and can give you the facts. Email is CaptMogul@aol.com due to him being old and mean he is slow to answer sometimes. Dan

lloyd&pamela
07-31-2009, 09:34 PM
CFleck I do not see your question, please repost or send to me directly wlw3@mac.com.

We did not rent a cottage this year. We have rented cottages in Seaside in the past when we lived in Atlanta. But this winter we would like to find a campground near Seaside for a month.

lloyd&pamela
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Thank you Tom and Dan. We will keep trying to contact Bill and Jodie and we just sent Ed and Sandy an email. Thanks.

rfoster
07-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Dan: I did not know that Ed was mean.

Or was it old?

Ray Davis
07-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Lloyd, I believe he was referring to this thread he started ...

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=3749

Ray

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Bluewater Key, is probably one of the premier waterside RV resorts in the Keys?

http://www.bluewaterkey.com/ Expensive and available sites are tough to find, but from what we have been told, the nicest in the Keys. We have been trying to get in there for the Christmas Holiday, but don't think it is going to happen? NO VACANCY ?

If you want to stay at Pelican Lakes, call Sue Rosol (888) 851-7677 or email her, slrosol@aol.com for availability. She let us stay severeral years ago on her site, NO CHARGE, and we didn't have the bus, we had a Discovery. :o

Gary S.