PDA

View Full Version : DD Pro Driver

LarryB
07-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Looking for a complete Pro Driver setup for a DD series 60. Anyone have any leads they would care to share.

Looked at the SilverLeaf unit but it requires to much dash modification. Pro Driver would fit nicely.

Thanks for the help!

Orren Zook
07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I think Silver Leaf makes a 'glass dash' replacement that might fit your Country Coach, here's a link: http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/?q=node/7

LarryB
07-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Orren, Yes SilverLeaf does indeed make a 'glass dash' that is a replacement for my dash. My 'Dash' is just fine but would like the added info a Pro Driver would provide.
SilverLeaf's unit that provides Pro Driver info plus, is just too large for where I would want the unit located.

truk4u
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Larry,

I've had two of the Silverleaf VMS 120's and they were great. I had these on plastic CC's and if I didn't have Pro Driver now on my Liberty, that's the way I would go. The 120's are kind of the bottom of the line, so you can buy the latest and the greatest for a series 60. The information they provide far exceeds the Pro Driver. I bought the Silverleafs and installed myself, very easy hooking into the data port.

Ray Davis
07-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Larry, I have quite often seen a Pro Driver on Ebay. Ken Zittrer picked one up there. However, be careful. He didn't power up the unit when he first received it, and didn't realize a row of pixels was out in it. IT still worked fine, but just a bit annoying. You can power it up by simply connecting the power cord to a 12V battery, and at least see if it boots OK.

Ray

LarryB
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Tom, I talked to the SilverLeaf folks, and the 120 was not suggested. I will call them and ask why. Does it provide engine codes? I will get to the bottom of it today. The 260 that was suggested is real big, 7" wide and 7 3/4" deep. Guess I could have my wife hold it in her lap.

Ray, Thanks for the cautions, I have been scanning ebay from time to time with no luck.

truk4u
07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Larry,

My post to you included the following: The 120's are kind of the bottom of the line, so you can buy the latest and the greatest for a series 60.

I doubt you would want the bottom of the line even if it was workable. Good question about the codes, I think it does, but don't remember.