PDA

View Full Version : My first Prevost

Xtreme James
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Hello, my name is James Stallings, from Nacogdoches, TX. I just made the jump from a 1995 40' Foretravel to a 1999 Prevost / 2001 Country Coach Conversion. I have worked on them for years, now I finally own one. I'm sure I will have multiple questions, and possibly I can be of some help on Paint and body issues, since I have worked on them for 15 years.

ajducote
07-30-2009, 10:23 AM
James,

Welcome aboard. I think you will find your time here fun, entertaining, confusing and leaving you wondering "who are these people?" But it is worth every minute. A great bunch inhabits this nut house and they are like family. Check out the Oklahoma City Rally in October. There is thread about it under "Rallies:.

lloyd&pamela
07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Welcome there are a great group of experts here. They had help us out of many problems in the past. Come to the OKC rally in October and meet everyone. We went ot the Severville rally just after we bought our bus and it was very informative and lots of fun. Welcome aboard.

Xtreme James
07-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I will see if we can make it. That sounds fun.

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Welcome James, with a name like that your in the right place.:)

JIM

JIM KELLER
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Welcome aboard James. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge available on this Forum. When you get a chance update your signature at the bottom left so it reflects your year and model Bus. That enables others to know what you have so your questions can be answered with convertor specific answers.

I also have a 99 Country Coach.

tdelorme
07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
James is being modest in his intro. His company is a Prevost authorized paint center and does outstanding paint and body work.
Welcome to the forum, James. I really think you will get a kick out this bunch.
http://www.xtremegraphics.net/

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Well Lloyd, there you go, ask James what to put over the green zinc chromate on your roof.

JIM

Xtreme James
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone. If I can help anyone on here, I'll be glad to, I've been painting for 33 years, and have an extensive collision background. I can
also help with the Prevost stainless buffing, as well as Euro headlight conversions on just about any coach.

phorner
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Welcome James. You'll find an amazing array of talent and experience in this group.

Xtreme James
07-30-2009, 01:30 PM
It looks like someone had a question about exposed primer. If you would like some help, just let me know.

HarborBus
07-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome James, I am new as well. I think your will enjoy the folks here as they have usefull information.

Coloradobus
07-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome James,
What CC did you buy?? Slides room? or not?

Xtreme James
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
It has a Living room and a Bedroom slideout.

jack14r
07-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Welcome James,What products and method do you like to polish the Prevost stainless?

Bill1170
07-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Xtreme,
I like that name! I owned 3 previous Foretravels and pretty well knew what every sound meant and where to look.

I traded for my first Prevost May 08 and it has been fun but a real learning experience.

This bunch is full of Prevost knowledge and a good bit of bull also but we are glad to welcome you aboard.

Bill Cleverdon

rfoster
07-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome Xtreme James

Glad to have you on board.

I am the only one you can believe here.

Our Country Coach group is certainly growing and expanding.

Always ignore the Prevost OTR air guys as they will have you using a sledge hammer to drive a 10 penny nail..

That looks like a fun business you got there. Looking good.

Will Garner
07-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Xtreme James is it? Well I need some help dealing with the air head that side swiped me in New Jersey this June. Is that in your area of expertise or should I contact someone in Red Hook Brooklyn!

On a more serious note (LOL) welcome to POG. Ditto to what everyone before me has said, this is an Xtremely helpful group of bus owners. Yes, from anywhere in Texas you should go to OKC. In fact, we will see you there - no excuses. Get the Skiffer to sign you up before he runs out of pads at the resort.

A couple of cautionary notes. Watch out for the Bling King, the Jerk Chicken Salesman, and the Sheep Herder from Houston. They all deal with Acme Sales, a questionable enterprise if ever there was one.

truk4u
07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Welcome James, just be cautious in believing everything you hear about Jon! If your in the same campground with Jdub and Mango, sleep with one eye open, they're sheep people.

OKC would be a good place to come and get acquainted...;)

Coloradobus
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
James,

INside your bath vanity door or outside the entry door there is a tag with the Country Coach Production number beginning with a "6" then "0" then three more numbers. Does your new coach have prismatic paint all over it with tan, gold stripes and swirls mid body>? The coach number will answer this.;) what are the last 4 digits of VIN? Either number will be a clue.

garyde
07-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome to POG James. It's great to have you . Congradulations on your Prevost. Post a photo when you have a chance. Are you planning any modifications or Paint changes to your Coach?
Do you modify Prevost Front and Back caps? I kindo of like the newer Headlights on the 06' and newer Prevosts.

Xtreme James
07-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Jack14r - I like the Mothers line for protection of the stainless, But I use different grades of rouge to polish it. I would like to hear what others are using.

Bill1170 - We have probably met before, I opened the Foretravel paint shop for them in 2000, and ran if for 5 years.

Coloradobus - The country coach # 60441, It does have the prizmatic paint.

Garyde - As for now, I will repair the coach, and only do a Euro Headlight conversion. More will follow I'm sure.

Coloradobus
07-31-2009, 09:37 AM
James, Great! We had CC #60449. Country Coach sure does a spectacular job on their paint!!! Do yo u know that there are 5 other sister Coaches to yours that CC did? 60441, 60446, 60447, 60449-( now lives in Tx), 60450, and 60451. (these are all the Dominion floorplan) Marathon had 60441 on the lot for quite awhile up to this February. Then it disappeared but recently I found your coach for sale on a site in N. Carolina?

Xtreme James
07-31-2009, 09:43 AM
That's cool ! Were these all painted the same, or are they just matching floor plans ?

Coloradobus
07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
No, they were all painted differently. If i can get a photo on my computer I will try to upload it. Ours had solid natural maple cabinetry. Yours if I remember correctly is pickled maple???? All the floorplans are alike, tho.