PDA

View Full Version : Roof paint or something??

lloyd&pamela
07-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Removed the Motosat base place today and reinstalled a new Fantastic vent in the old hole.

When the plate was removed some of the glue (?) whatever seems to have removed the gray from the aluminum roof revealing a green undercoating.

I assume this is not the bare aluminum but was wondering if there is a suggestion of what to paint or cover the roof with since it is eighteen years old.

I have seem paint advertised at rallys but they only show it installed on plastic coaches.

Recommendations on what we should do or use if we want to clean up the roof and keep a good sun reflection happening? Paint, coating, or whatever?

Thanks.

Ray Davis
07-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Lloyd, I'm curious what you decided to do with your dish? I'm glad to hear that cellular equipment (and coverage) has improved enough to make it work without. I am doing pretty well with cellular now (don't yet have your amplification system), and with the exception of out at West Point, it's done pretty well. There's almost no cell signals at West Point!

ray

Joe Cannarozzi
07-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Now with the elimation of the analog signal word is with a simple digital reciever for 60 bucks, 1 time, you can now tune in to free tv again and quite a few channels in many areas.

Maybe it will begin to help drive the cost down on monthly signal fees.

lloyd&pamela
07-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Ray we drove to Salt Lake City and MotoSat removed the XF3 mount, D3 and iDirect modem. They will refurbish the dish and resell it for retail with a full factory warranty and send me the difference minus their refurbishment expense. We were just happy to have it off the roof and to stop paying $300 a month for the iDirect service.

Add the amp and West Point will probably go hot for you. It is hard to find a place more than 50 miles from a cell tower.

lloyd&pamela
07-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Joe I think you meant this comment for jelmore's post. You may want to repost it there.

BrianE
07-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Lloyd, Have a look at the "Anyone Know What's on the Lid" thread. There is a pic of Tom's roof there and the coating is Tapecoat TC coating. http://www.tapecoat.com/other_pages/roofseal.html. When reading their blurb, forget the stuff about the membrane, the liquid roof sealant is all you need. Very good stuff. :)

lloyd&pamela
07-29-2009, 01:27 AM
I received the following when I searched for the thread by the name "Anyone Know What's on the Lid" using the search pull down menu.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I have never had much lunch with the forum search engine. Can you give me a direct link or instructions on how to search for threads.

I will look at the website info. Thanks.

lloyd&pamela
07-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Brain found it under Tapecoat thanks.

Will Garner
07-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Lloyd,

I am interested, just what kind of lunches are available through the POG's or any one else's search engine. The way the Feds are doling out money we are all going to need a place to get a free lunch. Now where did I leave BO's home phone, maybe I can get him to be a friend and spring for the free beer to go with the peanuts for lunch!

'Nuff said for now ...

truk4u
07-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Lloyd,

This is a pic of my roof that Brian had done, great stuff!

lloyd&pamela
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Will I must apologize for my poor typing. It's tough when the misspelled word is spelled correctly, I am so used to the little red line showing me the mistakes before I submit I stopped reading what I typed. If you find the free lunch I will take one also.

Tom thanks for the photo. I finally found it and it does look great. I will have to order some when we find a cooler place to paint. Thanks.

GDeen
08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
FYI on the Tapecoat roof sealant - no longer available in 5 gal buckets according to the factory. Only order in gallon buckets in cases of 4 - had to order 2 cases to cover the roof. Good news is they sold it to me at $45/gal so 8 gallons will be $360 plus shipping.