PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Liberty New Price

jack14r
07-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Over on the Prevost-Stuff side there is a 2005 Liberty with double slides with 60,000 miles with a new reduced price for $499,000.I think that this coach sold for $1,000,000 about two years ago.This is an incredible buy and I think that it is a good coach.

flyu2there
08-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Keep thinking that coach prices are at the bottom......here's another. 97 Vanatare, 38k miles, lo time generator...ask is 142k. 21 day listing, 11 days remain and no takers......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-PREVOST-VANTARE-40FT-PRO-CONVERSION-38K-640HRS_W0QQitemZ320407930597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs _Campers?hash=item4a99cd06e5&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Looks like all it needs is a plastic shield!

John

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2009, 01:10 PM
John, with respect to that plastic shield comment.....have you been above 12.5 again without oxygen?

It might be low because it is a 40 footer, but I think the real reason is Vantare has soiled their own nest. When they are having a hard time dumping brand new coaches with slides for under $800,000 that tells the world what they think of their product.

I don't think they are supporting their owners as well as they could either so when you combine that with the fact that trying to finance a 97 is tough if not impossible, it becomes a buyer's market. When the economy recovers these are not like shares of stock. They will not appreciate and all owners can hope is that they will depreciate at a slower rate or at best retain some value. That eliminates the speculators.

Besides, it does not have OTR, otherwise it would sell in a heartbeat.

flyu2there
08-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Jon,

I think you will find that 40 foot coaches are at least as popular as the 45's out here on the left coast, if not more.....back to that California combined length limit law. A 40' with IFS can be parked just about anywhere and can wrangle its way around some pretty "iffy" roads without worry of roadside negotiations with the local constable.

My thought is that Joe Baggadonuts would be more likely to opt for a very low mileage coach vice shall we say a "high timer". I would bet money that the guy upgrading from something akin to a Winnebago Chief will be the buyer and he is still convinced that, like his Winnebago, it will be junk once that odometer rolls past 100k, no its not logical but I think that is the reality.

I cannot comment on Vanatare, just do not know anything about them or their history however for the aforementioned buyer, he too would likely not care. Same with OTR air, as long as he can make it cool inside (no pun intended) he would be happy.

At the end of the day, what I see is a coach that is priced way down there and agreed, it probably will not appreciate in any of our lifetimes however, at that price, it brings a new kind of buyer to the table. What is surprising is that there have been no takers thus far; I would wager that somewhere between 125 and 130k, cash, would take that coach, yet it remains unsold.

John

GDeen
08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Jon,

.... What is surprising is that there have been no takers thus far; I would wager that somewhere between 125 and 130k, cash, would take that coach, yet it remains unsold.

John

Maybe cuz you would still have a pink bus no matter the price???

Coloradobus
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Not so fast. The aforementioned coach, like its Ebay-mate has had numerous price changes up and down over the months I have been watching them. This Marathon has had a fire, so whats really wrong with the 40ft Vantare?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-MARATHON-XLV-45-PREVOST-BUS-CONVERSION_W0QQitemZ320409670367QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZRVs_Campers?hash=item4a99e792df&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#v4-28ioned :confused::eek::rolleyes: This is a new "buy it now" price, it was B.I.N. for $114K earlier last week.

flyu2there
08-13-2009, 03:03 PM
They admit that the Marathon has a salvaged title, aka the kiss of death...good luck at trying to insure that beast, save maybe some PL/PD and you will pay a premium for that!

Dunno if the Vanatare is a pig in the poke or not, what remains is that it is priced what appears to be very right.

This falling price thing is not just with coaches, have a look at some of the big boat sites, amazing! Airplanes too, just bought an O-470 engine complete, yellow tagged servicable with 400 SMOH for 2300.00...oouch!!

John

Coloradobus
08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh No, John,

Its not the market, it's a whim what will be the price on a certain day.

Both of these coaches have had various prices for "BUY IT NOW". The fire damaged Marathon a few weeks ago was as low as B.I.N. $104K. The Vantare has been as low as $137K and as high as $152K. These prices aren't a steady decline because of market pricing, they go up and they down. Watch both of these coaches, the listings never end, but the pricing change is almost a daily occurence. It wasn't too long ago when the Fire damaged Marathon was selling for $104K, and now its UP at $125K. It doens't make sense!

merle&louise
08-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Here's a 97 Marathon with OTR and is listed at Desert West for $165,000 asking! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MARATHON-PREVOST-XLV-45-LUXURY-COACH_W0QQitemZ260459987843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_ Campers?hash=item3ca4a00383&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Of course, you would have to like green (which I do, but Louise doesn't).:eek:

Coloradobus
08-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Tuga,

The green Marathon Coach 1997, Coach #479 VIN-2P9M33497S1001565 is no longer at Desert West. It was a GE bank repo and Big Sky Wholesalers/Phoenix bought it and have it listed on Ebay. Rumour has it, the bank could possibly accept $175K or $170K, which is more than what it was priced at Desert West.

Look closely at the photos of this coach. The generator and bus motor have a been touched up badly. I was told by one of the listors that this coach had a DDEC #4??? The side drivers dash is rough. More photos can be found at www.azrv4less.com and hunt for 1997 prevost in the list of jpg's.

flyu2there
08-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Wow, what do you know. Same guy selling both of them! The Marathon is a mess inside and I would bet smells like a 70 year old pool hall! Probably take an additional 100k to put it right. Gotta wonder now about the Vanatare.......has to have a history. Maybe he rolled the speedometer and tach on the generator, slapped on a couple of used Double Coins and took it to the 25 cent car wash...who knows. Still, it is interesting to follow.

flyu2there
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I was going to say that Wayne Mullis of Desert West runs a one man show. He also throws enough in the ask to garner some wiggle room for the buyer. As an aside, he is a lousy photographer and you always have glimpses of his facility right in the bowels of old Phoenix.

Someone took that Marathon to the local golf and country club an spent a few bucks taking the pictures.....looks very nice but, as you said Tuga, very very green!

John

Ray Davis
08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey Jim

You know anything about Marathon 0473?

http://www.motorhomeclassifieds.com/657.html

A friend of mine found it locally (although this ad doesn't appear to be local), and was interested in it. If anyone knows a history, it's you!

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2009, 04:15 PM
You mean apart from the price that suggests the seller has some very good recreational chemicals affecting his thinking?

Coloradobus
08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Ray,

Interesting thing about this Marathon Coach 473, it has a similar paint job to a 1997 40ft two slider called Coach 437 REPO'dlast year below at Mira Loma .5261

Ray Davis
08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
You mean apart from the price that suggests the seller has some very good recreational chemicals affecting his thinking?

My friend is considering offering considerably less than the price on this website. The coach is no longer at this site, and is sitting at a place that tends to sell OLD MIC's and Eagles in Southern CA. The salesman is basically saying "make an offer".

Jim, were you at all familiar with it?

Ray

Coloradobus
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Ray,

This coach will have Rogue Coach installed slides from Medford, Ore (shuttered). The bay doors under the salon slide will tip down hinged at the bottom edge held by rams.
This Coach 473 seems to have close ties to Orangewood RV Center in Az.
The owners grandkids work there. Only the service mgr was allowed to drive this coach other than the owner. When this coach came to them on consignment as the owner was ill, Orangewood's service mgr had to drive it to Surprise.
This coach left Orangewood about 3 months ago, for parts unknown in Ca.

This coach needed some chassis work, and electrical work that $40-50,000 dollars would have taken care of. Why the inverters needed to be replaced is unknown to me.
A call to Marathon may answer more questions.

Ray Davis
08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks Jim!

truk4u
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Ya gotta love it, nothings going to get by Chris & Jim!;)

Good job guys...

Tuga - I love green.:cool:

GDeen
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Ray,

This coach will have Rogue Coach installed slides from Medford, Ore (shuttered). The bay doors under the salon slide will tip down hinged at the bottom edge held by rams.
This Coach 473 seems to have close ties to Orangewood RV Center in Az.
The owners grandkids work there. Only the service mgr was allowed to drive this coach other than the owner. When this coach came to them on consignment as the owner was ill, Orangewood's service mgr had to drive it to Surprise.
This coach left Orangewood about 3 months ago, for parts unknown in Ca.

This coach needed some chassis work, and electrical work that $40-50,000 dollars would have taken care of. Why the inverters needed to be replaced is unknown to me.
A call to Marathon may answer more questions.

Wow - thats some provenance there!

Sid Tuls
08-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Ray, I think that bus was @ Mira loma last week when I was there getting mine serviced. Also were you going to send me an e-mail about the material for your project @ the next POG rally? I be down again the first week in Sept.@Mira Loma for some warranty work maybe we can get together then. Or give me a call 559-901-6426

Ray Davis
08-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey Sid,

Yeah, I apologize about the email. I send that tonight. If you're in town, let's do dinner? Kathy and I would love to join you one evening.

Ray

flyu2there
08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Here's a 97 Marathon with OTR and is listed at Desert West for $165,000 asking! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MARATHON-PREVOST-XLV-45-LUXURY-COACH_W0QQitemZ260459987843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_ Campers?hash=item3ca4a00383&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Of course, you would have to like green (which I do, but Louise doesn't).:eek:

I really am beginning to Not understand all of this........bus is now at 200K on E-Bay. Did the market reverse overnight or are there just a bunch of scammers out there...who knows.

John

michaeldterry
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I really am beginning to Not understand all of this........bus is now at 200K on E-Bay. Did the market reverse overnight or are there just a bunch of scammers out there...who knows.

John

Something smells shi.... ummmm.... fishy in Denmark! :p

Coloradobus
08-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The green Marthon Coach #479 was at Desert West for sale for $169K. John Mikelson of DW told me yesterday the coach was sold.
Turns out Big sky Liquidation of north Central Phoenix Has it and is selling it for GE Credit, since it was a repo. One of the guys who listed it on Ebay said the 80 year old owner had enough and let it go back GE. Now, it has been listed on Ebay for a few days for $200K. "Turner", a saleman at Big Sky told me the bank may take $170-75K So, if John at DW said it sold, and Big Sky says the bank would take around $170???, I wonder who actually owns this coach.???:rolleyes: