PDA

View Full Version : I need a list of major annual events to attend

Jeff Bayley
07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
........... Does anyone know where there is a list of major annual events like the Balloon festival, Oshkosh, and other really large events like that ? I'm particularly interested in ones that have food concession stands. I'm interested in picking the events I'd like to attend anyway but also have a food concession business product I'm considering in order to pay the fuel and traveling expense after arriving.

Jeff Bayley
08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi Jeff- Sorry I can't help you but I noticed that 59 people viewed your posting. Probably just to see what ridiculous, unappreciated fodder you consider a contribution to the members and to see what you wrote and laugh at you. Your such an idiot.......the things you write sometimes. Where you find the time. Probabley the same place others find the time to read e-v-e-r-y single post put up here.

Anyway, I had an idea for you....you bumbling idiot. If you post a reply to yourself, it might pop back up when members check out "New Posts". It might even be funny to see how bored out of their mind people are to look at it a 2nd time and watch the number rise from 59 on up and maybe even double again. OR, maybe someone might be able to point you in the right direction for the type of list your looking for.

michaeldterry
08-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Jeff - try http://www.festivals.com/ for a start. The site has several search & browsing options (festival type, location, date range, artists, vendors, and more). Perhaps a little surfing on their site will yield other resources, as well. I hope you find the events that you need/want!

BrianE
08-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Jeff, Sounds like you might need to have a little chat with Doreen. ;)

truk4u
08-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Jeff,

You must have got into some of the Jeep's squeezins!:confused:

hhoppe
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Every County in the US has an annual fair or goat roping, Check w/ Truk on the goat roping schedules. Jdub on the Monster Tuck and demolition Derby's.
Have fun.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I think you are looking for events that you would like and enjoy that would have the food as well so that you could right off the trip.

Your best bet is to Google the events you like and inquire about the food aspect and see if it is major enough to achieve your goal.

I know you knew that and were just inquiring if anyone here has any good ideas, but as you can see nothing has been mentioned.

You could start with the major food only events, such as rib burn offs (like the one where Mango smashed his bus) and work out from there, networking with the people you meet at such events.

Good luck and keep good books :rolleyes:

JIM

lloyd&pamela
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Jeff, FMCA magazine lists events out several months in advance. So do Escapees in there magazine. I think Good Sam does also. Hope that helps.