PDA

View Full Version : Near Knoxville or Sevierville RV Park

Kevin Erion
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I need to leave the bus for 4 to 5 days so I can go to Lake Nantahala, TN. to a friends Lake House. When I return to the bus I will head east into Danville, VA. I start out in Topeka, KS and I don't need to drive the bus with the pickup to far of I 40. Any ideas of a safe and nice park, I don't mind a few extra lewbucks for safe and clean! 50 amps a must.
Thanks

Sid Tuls
07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Kevin, I stayed @ River Plantation RV Park in Sevierville it's right on the Little Pigeon Forge River it is #1 1-800-758-5267 www.riverplantationrv.com I stayed there for a week and they allow bus washing.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Kevin,

I recommend that also. There are a number of campgrounds all the way along route 66 off of exit 407 of I-40. Any one of them will work as well.

The local folks can help you with directions to where you are headed. Because it is tourist season and attendance in the Smokies is up over previous years allow for traffic in the Seveirville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg area and along the roads south, especially route 129 through the "dragon" where motorcyclists come from miles around to kill or injure themselves.

hobobimmer
07-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I need to leave the bus for 4 to 5 days so I can go to Lake Nantahala, TN. to a friends Lake House. When I return to the bus I will head east into Danville, VA. I start out in Topeka, KS and I don't need to drive the bus with the pickup to far of I 40. Any ideas of a safe and nice park, I don't mind a few extra lewbucks for safe and clean! 50 amps a must.
Thanks

You can stay at our house. We have 50 amp hookup, sewer dump, water. Free. We can handle 45 foot bus. While you're here you can ride four wheelers, street bikes, dirt bike, dual sport bikes. We will feed you for the first week free.

We're north of Knoxville one hour, just 20 minutes off I-75. We'd love to host you if we're in town when you are, or even if we're not, we'd love you to stay here. And yes, this is serious offer.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

rfoster
07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Eric: That sounds great - I am on the way.

Oh you meant Kevin.

Kevin - what dates are you planning to be in the area and where is Laka Nantahala, Tn?

We are 125 miles east of Knoxville on I-81 and near I-26. I have 50 amp, water, a dump station, cable if u park in the right place, and room for a 45 footer. But, no free food for a week. No sport bikes, I have a couple of 4 wheelers with dead batteries, and the grass needs mowing, so put me a notch below Eric.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-25-2009, 08:26 AM
No sport bikes, I have a couple of 4 wheelers with dead batteries, and the grass needs mowing, so put me a notch below Eric.

Hey Roger what's up with the Grass needs mowing? Don't you have a couple of sheep on your property to manage that?

Gary S.

rfoster
07-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Gary S:

No, that's Truck that has all the sheep. Or maybe he shipped them all to Oskosh!

Kevin Erion
07-25-2009, 12:54 PM
OK, my bad! I guess I better take a closer look at where I'm might be going. Lake Nantahala is in the south west corner of NC. Looks like maybe Asheville would be a little closer and easier. I appreciate all the offers, if I only had a clue what I am going to do, that might make things a little easier! I will keep all the very generous POG members informed as to my travels.

Jamie Bradford
07-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi Kevin

You may want to try Tom Johnson Camping in Marion, NC. The have plenty of room and it would probably be 2 hours or so from where you are going.

They have a FIRST CLASS operation there & they sell & service Prevost's so if you need any service done they can do it while you there.

From there you are about five hours from Danville.

truk4u
07-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Kevin,

If you pass up the Truk House, where you would get a complete bus washing, oil, lube and filter, 50 amp, water and garaged, check out OTR in Lake Toxaway, NC. We were there a few years back for a Marathon Rally and the place is real nice. Nancy and I will be there in a couple weeks for some R & R and if you want, I'll make a reservation for you. Here's the link:

http://www.outdoor-resorts.com/blueridge/

Kevin Erion
07-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Tom, I am waiting to hear back from my bud, looks like OTR would be the way to go.
Thanks to everyone that helped in this little Dick Tracy project. Lets see, stop in Atlanta for a polish and lube, on to Iron Butt Eric's for some grub, a little bike riding and waste dump, head east to Fast Rogers for a little exercise cutting the lawn, LIFE IS GOOD!
And someone thought that we should not pay for this, you got to be kidding, best $100 I have spent on my bus!

Sid Tuls
07-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Kevin, If your going thru Amarillo stay at Oasis RV Resort on I 40 I'll be there Aug 3-13 and you can get a free steak on me.

Kevin Erion
07-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Sid,
I'm on the road Monday, I hope to be to OKC by Tuesday and then north to Topeka by noon on Wednesday. And it just keeps getting better!
Thanks, next time!

rfoster
07-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Ok, alright, Kevin I cut the grass Friday night (my recreational night) so the heat is off - you can come and relax by the cool waters of Boone Lake- well until it needs mowing again.

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Roger, do you have water in that lake again?

JIM

edsaylor
07-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Kevin:

Looks like Lake Nantahala is just a few miles West of Franklin, N.C.. There is a nice campground there called "Great Outdoors RV Park. It is on 441 about 4 miles East of Franklin. Also there is a great RV park in Dillard,GA, just 16 miles South of Franklin, NC. It is RIVER VISTA RV RESORT. I own a lot there and plan to be there the month of August, and would enjoy seeing you, if you decide to stay there. River Vista is 1 mile East of 44l on Hwy 246, just 1/2 mile from the NC/GA state line.