PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Heart Invertor?

rodburtonmusic
07-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Had issues with my house batteries not holding the charge. Talked with some folks and isolated to see the status, and yes...3 of the 4 were bad. When I hooked them back up, my heart remote showed an overload with all the lights blinking. Assuming it was because everything was overly discharged, I replaced all 4 batteries, hooked back up...and still shows the overload.

I have a heart/freedom charger and I've checked the 3 reset buttons on the bay unit. There is a fuse assembly that is near that unit, is it possible that has blown? Is there another reset somewhere to reset this unit?

Any ideas at all? I just can't run off invertor at all. Genset and chasis are great, and I have a few things that run off the power of those house (like my slide out step covers) that work fine. The batteries show a great charge. I just can't use them to invert for house use. :(

phorner
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM
When you see the "overload" condition, is the bus engine running, or is it just plugged in or is it possibly both?

I had a similar situation. Mine would occasionally show an overload condition if I started the bus up while still plugged into shore power. Eventually, it did it even without being plugged in. Mine turned out to be a bad alternator for my house batteries, which in my case is in addition to my chassis batteries alternator.

rodburtonmusic
07-22-2009, 05:54 PM
It's in that state anytime I turn on the remote unit. I can be running genset, or plugged in...either way it'll come up with that indicator.