PDA

View Full Version : Doran Tire Monitor

dreamchasers
07-20-2009, 09:24 PM
For Your Information.

My neighbor is the owner of a 1997 Royale. He recently installed Doran's new tire monitor (360). On a recent weekend trip, the tire monitor alarmed on an inside dual that reached 90 psi. He stopped and rechecked the tire pressure with a gauge to be sure of the pressure. He air up the tire to normal pressure and reinstalled the monitor, thinking that the tire was low when he installed the monitor.

After an overnight stay, the inside dual had leaked down to 50 psi. He was able to have the tire repaired and go safely on his trip with no tire related mishaps. To think of what could have happened with a tire pressure of 50 psi, at road speeds, blow our for sure!

I am a Doran user and recommend the system.

Hector

Joe Cannarozzi
07-21-2009, 12:49 AM
What have they changed on it from the old?

dreamchasers
07-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Joe,

The new Doran Tire Monitoring system has a different display and more program features. In my conversation with the Doran's home office rep, the one feature that was added was the ability to trigger an external alarm. That is the one feature I do wish I had on my existing system. I do have to keep the display panel in sight to see any alarms. With a remote alarm, an alarm lamp could be triggered, alerting you to look at the monitor.

My morning check of tire air pressures is as simple as scanning through the tire positions on the monitor.

I am a user of the original Doran monitor and I am very happy with the system. I have used the system on two different RVs.

Checkout the link below to read of the Doran 360 unit.

http://www.doranmfg.com/rvtirepressuremonitors.htm

Hector

BrianE
07-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Could be wrong but seems to me the Doran and Pressure Pro use the same valve-stem senders. We installed the Pressure Pro system on Tom's bus and liked it a lot. It has an initial oral warning that beeps when tire pressures exceed or go lower than 12.5% of the set value, a continuous beep occurs when a 25% deviation is reached.

truk4u
07-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Brian has spoiled me!;) I now push buttons to check my tires and I do it often.:cool: