PDA

View Full Version : Marathon tech-link monitor

HarborBus
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
I got the bus home from Marathon:) but I have to store it outside without power for awhile until I can find suitable indoor storage. I got the procedure for shutting everything down, so I did that but after a couple of days I wanted to see if everything would come back to normal after power up. I powered it up and everything seems to work except the the tech-link monitor (I think that is what it is called):confused: it displays the tank levels, the inverters, status of generator, interior/exterior temperature, etc. It will only display the Marathon logo, and when I try to scroll through the screens, nothing. Is there a reset of some kind?

Alan__
07-18-2009, 03:57 PM
On mine there is a small computer located under the bed in a black box. I need to unplug the computer, wait 30 seconds, then replug the power supply. It has only done that twice. If that doesn't work, open the black box and reset the data cable which might have jarred loose from travel.

Jerry Winchester
07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Elliot,

I have powered my bus down and back up several times and never had an issue with the tech data coming back up. Have you tried it on another TV / selector button and confirmed it is not just the screen selector?

jack14r
07-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I had this same problem with JDUB's coach,over the passenger seat pull down the pannel and there is a 110 volt outlet in there,unplug the plug,wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.If this doesn't work the unit that is in there can be purchased at Office Depot or Staples and is real easy to replace.The computer under the bed came in mid year 2001 and Jdub's (674) does not have the computer.

HarborBus
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys for the ideas. I haven't been down where the coach is for a couple days, but I will try you suggestions. It is a computer as the Windows logo came up when I powered it up. I don't think there is a black box under the bed but I'll check again, our coach is 686.:confused:

Ray Davis
07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I am assuming by powering down you have turned off the 12 and 24 panels back in the engine bay - passenger side.

If you haven't done that, try turning both switches to off, wait 30 seconds, and then bring them back on.

If it still stays locked, try going to your back bedroom panel, and see if the switches panel there causes the techlink to change (maybe it's related to your switch in the front of the bus)?

You should be able to see your techlink on all of your TV's, and be able to switch display too.

ray

HarborBus
07-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Update, all is well with the tech-link:). When I powered the bus up again the tech-link works fine now, so it just needed a reboot. Thanks for your replies.