PDA

View Full Version : THE QUESTIOn

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-17-2009, 10:29 PM
If a guy wanted to consume a beverage or two and had only two bottles of beer and one was by far superior to the other, what would be the proper order of consumption?

Would you go for the best taste first, or would you save that best taste for last?

If you waited until....., well no if you started with the ........, I don't know what do you think?

:confused: JIM

GDeen
07-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Give me the good one Jim and you can drink the bad one. Problem solved. Anything else I can help you with?:)

michaeldterry
07-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd start with the best tasting first and hope that by the time I started on the second, I would be too anesthesized to notice the difference! :p

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-17-2009, 11:01 PM
That's the order I went in and I'm not certain it is proper or the best.

You see the first was really enjoyable and tasty. Opening the second beer with eager anticipation and taking a sip was a terrible disappointment the secondary beer tasted horrible. Each successive mouthful got better, but I kept thinking of that first beer. I didn't remember the taste just that the first was better and then I was stuck with the lesser taste of the second beer to remember the rest of the night.

If I am ever given this opportunity again I think I will try it the other way. :D

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
07-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Jim,

By the nature of your recent posts I have to assume you have the bus in tip-top shape, you have polished all the slack adjusters, put another coat of wax on all the chrome and stainless in the engine pay and generally have that bus looking like new.

Or you are just goofing off and bored out of your head.

Hop in the bus and go for a trip.

truk4u
07-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Jimmy C,

You need a bus trip, NOW!:confused:

mike kerley
07-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Jimmy, The problem is its been told cold up there to really enjoy a good beer. Come to florida where even Pabst Blue Ribbon tastes good!

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey, I'm not done yet. Just finished cleaning all the artificial palms though:eek:

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
07-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Note to all POG members:

I believe we have a new A-1.

hhoppe
07-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Jim I didn't know you even drank until the one day I saw you sober. Go easy kid it's a long time before OKC.

Will Garner
07-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Jim,

If you knew one beer had a great taste and the other had a mediocre taste then maybe the thing to have done was to pour both of them into a tall chilled mug and enjoy them together. That way the taste would have been just average.

Funny, I can remember dringing several "skunked" beers during my college years, mostly because that was all that was available at the time. I can't remember any of the other many fine tasting beers I consumed back then. Maybe there were none!:eek:

phorner
07-18-2009, 06:13 PM
After careful consideration, and avoiding the temptation to put this to a taste test this afternoon, I would go with the lesser beer first.

The lesser beer is only gonna taste worse if it is consumed immediately after a superior brew.

By drinking the lesser beer first, which may even be enjoyable at the moment, is certainly going to make that premium beer taste even better as a follow up.

Cheers!:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Paul, I have to tell you, you were right, that's the way I did it!

:eek:

rahangman
11-17-2010, 11:15 PM
An old saying goes...."Its all good, just somes better" ... live with it and enjoy