PDA

View Full Version : New Photo Galleries from our North American Tour

lloyd&pamela
07-17-2009, 05:15 PM
We have just posted several new photo galleries on the sidebar of our Travel Blog (http://prevost.wordpress.com). If you would like to receive email updates either subscribe to the RSS feed or click on "Get Email Updates" in the right corner of the blog.

The following places are in the new galleries:

Antelope Canyon, AZ (Upper)

Antelope Canyon, AZ (Lower)

Bandelier National Monument, NM

Ghost Ranch, NM

Goosenecks State Park, UT

Grand Canyon, AZ

Horseshoe Bend National Monument, AZ

Kasha-Katuwa Tent Rocks, NM

Rainbow Bridge, AZ

Monument Valley, AZ

Sedona, AZ

We will be posting several more places tonight and tomorrow.

dalej
07-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Lloyd,

You have some really great photos posted, I'm impressed! Keep up the great work.

Keep good notes, Jan and I will be wanting to know exact locations when we get together next time.

dale farley
07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Great shots Lloyd. What camera are you using?

lloyd&pamela
07-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Thank you Dale and Dale,

I have a Nikon D700 now, though some of the photos were made with a Nikon D3 and Leica M8.

rfoster
07-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Lloyd & Pamela: Excellent shots, Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Do you have a favorite location?

lloyd&pamela
07-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Roger there have been so many great places, but the mountains of Waterton Lakes NP, Painted Rocks boat ride in Lake Superior, majesty of Redwoods National Forest, Port Townsend and the Olympic Peninsula, the Galleries of Santa Fe, all of Jasper National Park, the Oregon State Parks, the views to the horizon of Grassland National Park, standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon, the stars in Quartzsite, and all the fantastic people we have meet are a good start.

dalej
07-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Lloyd,

How about putting together some bus tours (only for Poggers) someday. A NW tour, a SW tour, etc. You will be the wagon master, (tour guide). We can meet in a specified location and start the tour.

Now that we have met, I do think that you do a lot of research on specific areas before you travel, or Pam does.

Keep us posted.

lloyd&pamela
07-18-2009, 08:56 AM
That would be fun. Nova Scotia would have to be high on the list. I don't know if we are qualified to be wagon masters, but we would be happy to share what we know with others. Pamela does most of the initial research and we have found some great tools to make trip planing easier. One of the best tools for photographers is Robert Hitchman's Photograph America newsletters (http://www.photographamerica.com/). They are filled with specific information for photographers. Years ago I started do a newsletter like his until I was introduced to his. We were both large/medium format photographers with a primary interest in landscape. Shooting mainly b&w and transparencies. I gave up on photography when everything went digital and he continued on with the new technology. The newsletters are now being updated with color. He includes great maps of the parks and specific sunrie and sunset photo information. I just started shooting digital seriously during our stay in Santa Fe a few months back. I thoroughly enjoy the digital darkroom over the old wet room. Thank you for the encouragement.

lloyd&pamela
07-18-2009, 09:28 AM
We have just added two new photo galleries:

<a href="http://www.bylloyd.org/travel-blog/canyondechelly/index.html">Canyon De Chelly, AZ</a><br />

<a href="http://www.bylloyd.org/travel-blog/naturalbridges/index.html">Natural Bridges National Monument, UT</a><br />

Hope you enjoy. -L

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Wonderful pictures Lloyd. I like the earlier ones with lots of people the best.

I'll second Dale on you and Pam leading a tour.

JIM

hhoppe
07-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Great Work!! Thanks for sharing. As we dicussed with you in Lake Havasu, we are very much interested in a trip to Nova Scotia. Please keep us informed of any future possibilities. Dale's idea of you becoming a wagon master for some real bus adventures to the beautiful parts of the U.S. is a great one. We are going to get a breif view of Nova Scotia next month during a North sea cruise starting in Copenhagen and several stops across the North Atlantic. Keep up the good photo work we really enjoyed it.