PDA

View Full Version : FMCA Rally - Charlotte

truk4u
08-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Anyone else going to the Rally? Prevost Row should be real interesting. We go in Sunday and will be there until Thursday.:cool:

ken&ellen
08-06-2006, 01:31 PM
According to FMCA mag....bring your extension cord! I can see that 30Amps turning into 20-25 Amps. Too hot not to have a full 50 Amps. Went to Perry ' 05 for FMCA...never again. I will save my money and diesel for a POG rally! :D Ken

rmboies
08-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Tom, sorry, we will not be attending. We decided to go to the Parliament Rally (with our Vantare coach--ha!) on Tuesday at the Bear Creek RV park. I have not heard encourgaging things about the set-up for the rally in Charlotte--lots of dry camping and believe me, it will be hot there!! Ken and Ellen suggested a long extension cord--I would say bring a few fans with you as well:D Have fun and give us a full report.

Debi and BOB-00

Just Plain Jeff
08-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Tom The Truckman:

Debi made us go to the Parliament Travel Club rally and we're headed out in the morning for Asheville. Having been to the MEGA-rallies, we've come to really like the Parliament rallies.

Rumor has it that there may be a spot or two available there (Beginning Tuesday pm). Since you didn't make it OSH, how about a run over to Asheville?

Contact is stevem@parliamentcoach.com, if you can break away?

There will be an undisclosed POG event occurring at the Parliament Travel Club rally, should be you able to attend, that you wouldn't want to miss.

My lips are sealed.

rmboies
08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Tom, oh yes, I am very powerful and MADE Jeff come to the Parliament rally:rolleyes: We would love for the two of you to head on over to Bear Creek and party with us. It appears I cannot trust Jeff--he is keeping secrets from me!

Debi and Bob-00

Just Plain Jeff
08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Debi, the all-powerful POG person! Have your camera handy, as you may be the first POG person to witness the awesome event.

The Sled Dog doesn' even know about it yet.

Now that's a secret.

rmboies
08-06-2006, 07:49 PM
You're killing me Jeff, just killing me:confused: I will have my camera ready and Helen (who is not a sled dog for those of you who have never had the pleasure of meeting her) obviously does not know or she would have spilled the beans during our chat yesterday. Can I bribe you to tell me???

Debi and BOB-00

Just Plain Jeff
08-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Not a chance.

But you will be the first to know in Asheville.

JDUB tagged Helen as the Sled Dog as she is loyal, trustworthy and leads us into unknown territory with faith and confidence.

She likes it!

truk4u
08-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the invite to Ashville, if we get bored, we will let you know. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Ken - I had good juice at Perry, no complaints. Besides, since I now have all new house batteries, all I need is juice for the chargers. The inverters will run 2 A/C's for 2+ hours now. I'm dry camping now and believe it our not, hot in upstate NY.:eek:

Just Plain Jeff
08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
We were met here in Asheville by the vivacious and charming Debi and Bob-OO. Nice Parliament H-45 D/S.

Debi thought that we had 'blinged-up,' disappointed to hear that the Vogue has stock LEDs.

And LEDs are likely not going to be enough for Santa Fe.

Stay tuned.

MangoMike
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
JPJ,

Be wary of BOB-00 as he's a slick one. Talked me into buying his Liberty last year. God knows what he's talked Debi into.

Have fun down there.

MM

rmboies
08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
JPJ,
Be wary of BOB-00 as he's a slick one. Talked me into buying his Liberty last year. God knows what he's talked Debi into.
Have fun down there.
MM

Ha, well, so far he hasn't talked me into anything but tomorrow is another day. I thought it was Jon who talked you into buying Bob's Liberty:rolleyes: ?

Jeff and Helen are just great--feels like we have been friends for years rather then 3 months! We just returned from a tour of the Biltmore Estate and you will have to go a long long way in Sante Fe to "out bling" the Vanderbilts. Wish all of you were here and wearing those red biker shorts--:eek:

Debi and BOB-00 (rumor has it Bob is wavering on the asking price of his coach, you interested in a Vantare with double slides Mango?:cool: "

Jon Wehrenberg
08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Jon told Mango Bob's Liberty was a good coach. Mango was already sold.

I wish you hadn't mentioned the Biltmore. Now the entire forum will know what my definition of bling is, and that my coach will now be named the Dijonmore. You will all love the library.

Just Plain Jeff
08-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, the Biltmore is, ahhh, new money at work. The Sled Dog was mostly impressed by the soapstone drainers in the kitchens and the curtains in the Red Room. Bob-OO and I got crabby at the end of the foray as we were missing our nap time.

Everyone on the tour bus thought they could have done a better job of driving the narrow roads than the hired drivers. The Boss pointed out (to the entire bus), "Like you've never kissed a corner in your bus?"

The ride back got quieter.

The Biltmore ain't bling. It would be calling a bus 'blingy' if it had a couple of LED's a a rope light or two.

This is bling:

http://www.lookalikesbychar.com/photos,nov/liberace.jpeg

Jon Wehrenberg
08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
As a four time visitor to the Biltmore (to get photos for the bus conversion) I thought I would point out something that most people do not talk about (but I do).

Rich people are definitely different than we common folks. In that entire house, all 185,000 square feet of it, with its hundreds of bathrooms, there is not a single toilet paper holder.

BTW, all four times we went in the bus. And took it to the gardens, the winery and the Park Restaurant. They will eventually get those pesky cars out of the ditches, the pond, etc.

rfoster
08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
JPJ:
Now that is some blinga ching aleers if there ever was any such thingy. I would venture a bet that who ever shows up with a load of bling like that would surely ride home with the Bling Smoker, and the smoker may be the only thing that rides home with him.

PS that looks a lot better than those bicycle boys-

Just Plain Jeff
08-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Roger, Roger.

I am under the spell of Bob-OO, just a coach away. He says, "I'm a buyer and a seller." Then he says his coach really isn't for sale, but it could be at the right price.

Bob-OO and Debi are such wonderful people, what are ya gonna believe?

But then when he told the story about being run over by a tractor and said it was no big deal, I kinda got to wondering.

Maybe MM should just buy his nifty D/S Vantare and keep the flow moving?