PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bennett does it again!

rbeecher
07-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks to Steve at California Coach, our 96 Vogue has found new owners in Texas. As usual, Steve worked tirelessly and professionally to cancel yet another membership in the TBC! While we were very attached to the VOGUE, we are happy it has found a good home and we can concentrate on learning the Marathon.

Thanks again Steve and for all you do for this great group!

Richard and Barbara
02 Marathon XLII 45 #757
no longer IN VOGUE

truk4u
07-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Congrats Richard, I'll bet Mango reads this!;)

phorner
07-14-2009, 09:15 AM
That's great news, Richard!

Your Vogue was a very nice bus that I'm sure the new owners will enjoy.

Loc
07-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Richard,

The couple that purchased your 96 Vogue are friends of mine and Pete's in Houston. They are supposedly joining POG. It would be great to be able to put them in contact with you if they have questions about the bus.

Loc

Pete
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
They have joined POG, I mentioned them a week or so ago but I guess it got walked on. They are Jim and Carol Trout, and they are proud of the coach. Richard, I owe you an apology, I pronounced your name as Becker..not Beecher. Jim tried to set up the account but could not for some reason get it to work so Carol set it up and it is listed as Carol on the website.

nrhareiner
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Great news Richard

rbeecher
07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Truk,

I have come to believe Mango has no real intentions of selling, he was the first (documented)TBC member and wants to be the last. He's not kidding anyone.

Richard

rbeecher
07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the note, hope you and Janice are enjoying your summer.

Richard and Barbara

rbeecher
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Loc,

I hope they have as much enjoyment as we did, really liked that bus. The Mitchell's built them right. Sorta of a Liberty clone but with improvements!

Have them call me if they need anything, be happy to help if I can. 954-292-5786

Richard

rbeecher
07-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Pete,

Good to hear from you. Have them contact me with any questions.

Richard

Jon Wehrenberg
07-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry Rich,

I think as a result of the fire in our first bus we reluctantly ended up being the founders and charter members of the TBC. Unless someone preceded us in August of 2004 we had the misfortune of owning two simultaneously. The only difference between those that joined the not so exclusive club after we founded it, they seemed to like their buses a whole lot more than the money they could get for them.

Within a week or two after we accepted the repaired bus from Prevost I was wishing the new owner as much happiness with it as we had and was happy to see it go.

Joe Cannarozzi
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Did you paint those mirrors black on the 87 or did they come like that?

Jon Wehrenberg
07-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Those were Velvac mirrors and they were black. I think of that vintage the converters painted them to match the coach primary color. Crapco mirrors came along a few years later.

Troutline
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Pete,

Good to hear from you. Have them contact me with any questions.

Richard

Richard, This is Jim and Carol Trout . . . our first post. Thanks for the offer to keep in touch. We are really enjoying the coach; we've had a trip back from CA and a trip to Buckhorn with Pete and EJ. (With CA's lack of a "paper plate" on used vehicles, we've proved you can drive half way across the country without a license plate.)
No questions for now, but I'm sure we will be in touch.

Carol and Jim Trout

rbeecher
07-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi Carol and Jim,

Welcome to the POG! Good to hear you are enjoying that great bus.

Did you get the paperwork today that was overnighted? Let me know if you need anything. I will send you a PM in the next few days.

Richard and Barbara
02 Marathon XLII 45

Troutline
07-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Richard and Barbara,

Yes, we did receive it last Thursday and everything is moving smoothly on registration now. Steve is sending us the extra keys as well.

Carol and Jim

rbeecher
07-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Carol and Jim,

I sent you a PM.

Richard

Coloradobus
09-27-2009, 01:06 PM
We drove our Marathon H3, to Costa Mesa last weekend and had an offer to buy in only 4 days. We were members of the TBC for a short time. It was nice to be in the company of such an esteemed group .

truk4u
09-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow, see what happens when you hook up with Steve!;)

Jim & Chris may be the shortest period TBC owners in POG history...

Pogger's taking care of Pogger's, don't get much better than that!:)

Mango - have you read this?