PDA

View Full Version : Finding Cruisair Service Centers

Jerry Winchester
07-13-2009, 11:42 AM
After the flurry of requests by folks looking to find a place to have their Cruisair serviced, I left a comment on the Cruisair website about the lack of information relative to having these units serviced in RVs and not boats.

Then I get a call back last week from one of the Cruisair big dogs and here is the JDUB version of his response.

My takeaway from the call is that they have a 24 hour service number that you can call and one of three guys who are always on call will return your call within 20 minutes (their goal) and should be able to find the closest, competent source of service available.

Their issue with publishing this on the web is that there is a lot of movement in the RV industry and while a certain company "may" have had a factory trained or competent service guy last week, there is no guarantee he will be there this week or that he may have gone to work for someone else.

Since they are always supplying parts and technical skinny to the folks in the trenches every day, they have a pretty good handle on who can fix their stuff and they want to ensure the RV guys that you can source a good service location from them in short order.

Their number - 804-663-9454

I'd write this one in my tally book for sure.

phorner
07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the leg work tracking down this number.

Without a doubt I'll need it someday!

truk4u
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Great info....

Jerry Winchester
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Trukster,

I forgot, they have a special line for you;

800-SHEEP LIE

phorner
07-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Hey, who wants to see a sheep shiver anyway??? :eek:

MangoMike
07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
And if you're anywhere in the Virginia area, these guys are the main distributors of Cruise Air and rebuild the units on site.

AAP Distributor
16388 Industrial
Milford, Va. 22514
804 633-9454

gmcbuffalo
07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
this week I have been working on improving air flow thru my condenser and made a call to Cruise Air (Dometic) and was told to call AAP at the number Mango provided.
GregM

Joe Cannarozzi
07-16-2009, 06:48 AM
I have a local guy coming out to adjust the charge in ours today!

I will use the charts that were posted up on the VERY previous thread ,cruisair demystified.

http://www.cruisair.com/sheets/L-0261.pdf

GDeen
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info.

Joe Cannarozzi
07-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I have found an a/c guy. He adjusted charge in all 3 cruisair and also diagnosed and then helped me remove a worn and draging condensor blower motor.

It is original (25yr old) and has oil points and I was hoping to be able to run it longer with just replacing a couple of bearings but the armiture has gotton into the field so it is junk. We did coax it to life before we pulled it to check and adjust the charge on that unit.

It was 80/82 outside today and our bus is in the shade. With the thermometer at 71 degree at the a/c intake the discharge air was 52. All of the units are within a degree or so of each other. Not bad. One unit had a slightly abnormal high side but he assured me it was working wonderfully for 25 yr old.

I had it down to 67 using just 2 units on and discharge air at that point was 50. Givin more time who knows how cold it would have got, it was still dropping.

I am having a time trying to get the squirrle cage off the bad motor, gonna need some heat.