PDA

View Full Version : Near Disaster

GDeen
07-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Still camped in N. AR. After surviving the severe weather earlier in the week including hail and high winds, I had another scare yesterday.

Returned to the park mid afternoon yesterday just to check on things. As I was leaving the park owner, who is a great guy and owns a 97 Vogue ,came racing over on his 4 wheeler. Proceeds to tell me how a plastic coach was checking in that morning and he was visiting with the guy in the office. My bus is sitting towards the bottom of a gradual hill directly down from the office.

Someone jumped in the office door and said a motorhome was rolling backwards. He and the owner ran outside and saw his motorhome rolling down the hill towards yours trulys bus. Park owner grabbed the bumper and was trying to slow it down (admittedly silly) while the ~ 65 year old owner ran around towards the door.

He tells me how the owner somehow got in and got the motorhome stopped. I still didn't quite snap about how close we came until he pointed to my feet. Standing 10 feet in front of my coach, there were 2 dually skid marks under my feet.:eek::eek: 2 more seconds, and I've got a 40' Monaco mated to the front of the red bus. Holy crap - I am glad I didn't have to witness that. Park owner told me he almost puked he got so quesy over the deal.

HarborBus
07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Boy, that was a close one. It's on of those deals where it may have been better if he hadn't told you.

tdelorme
07-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I am so glad you didn't end up in the body shop. We're at five weeks and still have at least a week to go. That was a close call and I agree with HB, just as soon not know it happened.
You guys have fun and be safe going home. Burning diesel is great, ain't it Gordon.

rahangman
07-05-2009, 01:39 AM
We live in NW Arkanasas, which Campground?

GDeen
07-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I am at Golden Pond over near Fairfield Bay. My company is drilling the first two wells ever drilled in Stone Co. AR, so I am up here riding herd on that effort. Beautiful area.

The owner wanted me to know so I could make a choice of moving if wanted. He is a fellow new Prevost owner (2 months) and we have enjoyed discussing our "bus hunt." He and his wife upgraded from a Monaco and like me is learning all the systems and inner workings of these machines. Apparently he and his wife are part of a gospel singing group and do some touring.

He cut some log chocks and now has them by the office door for use during check in.:D

sawdust_128
07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Holy Smokes!!!

rahangman
07-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Gordon, we live on South Side of Harrison about 60miles or so north on US65. If your return trip is this a way before 7/14 (blast off date for FMCA in Ohio) let me know, would love to meet ya, the only other POG we have met so far is THE SID TULS in Amarillo.

rahangman
07-06-2009, 12:39 AM
BTW Gordon, you're not taking any of our Crappie or Striped Bass out of the waters there , are ya?

GDeen
07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
No but I have removed some of the fresh tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries from your ground!

I will be heading back to Austin S. through Little Rock but one of these trips we will have to meet up.

BTW Gordon, you're not taking any of our Crappie or Striped Bass out of the waters there , are ya?