PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Shores Area

aggies09
06-28-2009, 11:31 AM
I just wanted to follow up and post my thoughts on this area for any of you who haven't made it to this area. Jen, Weston (11 yo son), and I were there for most of a week in mid June. After reading through the many posts we decided to stay at Perdido Key RV Resort. The park is definitely a little tight, but is extremely well located and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Many good restaurants close by; about a mile to the beach.

Bella Terra RV resort is also in the area and we checked it out while there. The park is new and seemed to have plenty of availability, but is probably a ten or fifteen minute drive to the beach. It was litterally built in what used to be a corn field. A corn field still borders the park on one side. It is probably as convenient, if not more so, to restaurants and shopping.

The beaches were typical sugar sand beaches that are found throughout the Florida panhandle. The water is not clear, like Destin or Panama, but we had a great time and would recommend to anyone who wanted a beach getaway.

Jerry Winchester
06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I would agree as we ran into the same thing when we were there for spring break. We really enjoyed Perdido Key since we faced the water and had rented a boat. While we actually stayed at Bella Terra, location is everything and I had the same thought about the corn field.

That was our second trip to Gulf Shores for spring break and we had fun both times but stayed in different places each time. We went by Buena Vista, which is still under construction, and it has a better location and may be a bit more upscale, but for us, location is the key when near the water.

michaeldterry
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Vita and I and the buspuppies will be spending the 4th of July weekend at Bella Terra and attending the Montgomery Gentry concert and the fireworks show at the wharf while there. We intend to check out Buena Vista on the Beach, also, as we are very interested in the idea of retiring to an RV resort with villa style "coach houses" one day.

If any other POGers are going to be in the area, do look us up! We'll be in lot #75 at Bella Terra Friday & Saturday - departing Sunday to return to Atlanta so Vita can be at work on Monday. :(