PDA

View Full Version : Cruiseairs not all working

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Today I tried my Cruiseairs for the first time and only found one SMX II control panel that would light up and operate its system.

I am plugged into 50A and the one works fine, but the others are dead.
The circuit breakers in the coach are turned on for all and the led shows green.

Is there something else I need to check.

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
You have a touch screen on your dash so it may operate like mine.

I have push switches on the left dash sub panel and each has to be "On" for the SMX panels to light.

With all circuit breakers for the AC units on, try the touch screen to turn on the AC units.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-26-2009, 12:06 PM
That did it Jon, I often forget about that panel when not driving, but then when your driving in bright sun you can't see it anyway. Bad technology!!

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I cannot see my switch annunciator lights in bright sun either.

Pete
07-01-2009, 06:48 PM
My friends have just purchased a 96 Vogue. The cruise control will activate, lock in on and maintain the speed. It will not release when the brake pedal is pressed, nor will it release when the cancel button is pressed. The only way to release the cruise control is to actually turn it off. Since we will be traveling together, I would like his cruise control to release when the brake or cancel button is pressed, OR I WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW HIM! We replaced the cancel button with a new one from Prevost but that did not fix the problem. Any suggestions? We are hoping someone else has been through this and can offer some suggestions.

Jim Skiff
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Pete,

( From Ken Robertson on a earlier post.)

Give Rick a call at 727-433-4579. If you give him the Parliament Coach #, he can answer any and all questions you might have. He has a complete set of books, including wiring diagrams, for every Parliament built. If the new owner is going to OKC, Rick and Ben will be happy to do a complete walk thru with him there.

Parliament are dedicated sponsors and are the source for information on this coach.

Jim

Jon Wehrenberg
07-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Does that Vogue have LED brake lights?

Petervs
07-01-2009, 08:11 PM
For what ir's worth, the cruise control is actually controlled by the DDEC computer. The brake, cancel, and on/off switches connect to the DDEC wiring. All of this is installed by Prevost. I doubt the Parliament company really wants to get involved in this, it is a major safety issue after all.

But Prevost has good phone support too, and actually any nearby Detroit Diesel shop is probably familiar with the components.

My guess is that there is a bad wiring plug somewhere, bad connections due to corrosion or maybe not fully snapped together. These kind of problems are never fun, but once the cause is pinpointed, the solution is usually simple.

Good luck.

Pete
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Jon, don't know, I will find out. I have asked Jim to get on the POG site maybe he can answer your question. Thanks, Pete

Jon Wehrenberg
07-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Peter is correct. The reason I asked the question is because the current draw from the stop light bulbs is the electronic signal to disengage the cruise control sometimes. I do not know if the Prevost Cruise control is set up this way.

If you depress the square cruise cancel button you should also see the brake light indicator light up on the dash, just as it does when you use the brake pedal. That suggests to me the system is possibly set up as described above. Some LEDs have significantly less current draw than the incandescent bulbs originally supplied. But a lot of owners also use LEDs with no problems.

The wiring diagram for the coach is available on the Prevost Car web site.

Petervs
07-02-2009, 11:54 AM
My dash brake light switch is not wired that way. It only comes on when I depress the brake pedal. The dash light does not come on when the cruise control cancel switch is pressed. it also does not come on when I am using the Jake brake, and the rear brake lights do come on then.

I think that is a great way to show the Highway patrol that you are slowing without actually slowing much!

Mine is a 94, they are probably not all the same.