PDA

View Full Version : Toronto

MangoMike
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Poggers,

The Mango tribe is heading to OSH via Toronto. Any recommendations on the nearest/best RV park and must sees in Toronto?

Thanks

Mike

Brian
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Please provide dates you intend to be in the area, and from what direction you are coming from. I will provide what info I can accordingly.

Brian Cochrane
2000 H3-45 Vantare

MangoMike
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the response. I guess you're the only POGger to have visited Toronto. The city thanks you.

We'll be heading up from Buffalo and staying Mon/Tues July 20th, 21st. Then on to Petoskey, Mi.

Appreciate any feedback.

And as your first post, welcome to POG.

Mike

jonnie
06-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Mango,

Give me a call or private email and I will give you the benefit of my vast experience.

John

jonnie
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Mango,

Call me at 440-364-9538

Brian
06-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Email me at rvbrian@sympatico.ca. Oh by the way I live in Toronto.

Brian Cochrane

jonnie
06-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Brian,
Make sure you send this jerk chicken guy to Bistro 990. I am sure Mike and the Mangoettes will enjoy the food and the ambiance.

jonnie
06-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Mango,

If you have a gun in the coach, the prudent person would leave it at home if you are heart set on going to Canada.

tdelorme
06-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Mike, Jan and I spent a week up there but it was fifteen years ago. I remember that it is a beautiful, clean city with many, many excellent restaurants and numerous parks. Very international. Your used to DC traffic so you'll feel right at home on the roads. We stayed at a nice RV park that was maybe 15 miles west toward Windsor. We had driven up from Detroit and it was about this time of year. There were a lot of farmers markets and road side fruit stands selling everything you can think of. I remember a number of nice antique shops in both Toronto and Windsor. We bought an expensive Orentinal rug that was confiscated when we returned to the US. Took me a year and a couple of grand to finally get it shipped to Texas. I almost went to jail over the rug but that's another story.
The best time to visit the falls is at daylight but you've probably already done that.
The roads were good, diesel expensive and the cops have no sense of humor.
So, there you have all the details, go have fun.

truk4u
06-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Jerk Chicken Boy,

I think you need paperwork for the pooch also.;)

rmboies
06-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Jerk Chicken Boy,

I think you need paperwork for the pooch also.;)

Tom is correct, you need to have proof of rabies and to be safe, I would also ask your vet for a Health Certificate. The HC is normally good for 10-30 days just depends on the laws of the state you are in or headed to. Proof of rabies must be more then just the tag they are wearing. It must be from the vet with a date and a description of the pet. Have fun, wish we could be in OshKosh with you all!

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/imp/petani/canin3e.shtml

Debi and Bob-05

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Mike, keep the gun, stay in the US forgetting all the hassle and have a no brainer vacation with the dog.;):D

JIM