PDA

View Full Version : Generator Shutdown

Danss
06-21-2009, 11:33 AM
On the way home from Tn. to Ms. we stopped about 8 pm last night turned on generator and went to sleep. About 6 hours later generator shutsdown.
I have 3/4 tank of fuel, oil in gen okay, coolant okay. tried to restat but when you push switch the dials do not light up. Battery is 13.2. Is there a circuit breaker hidden inderneath somewhere? Give me some hints. Thanks, Dan

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Dan, Ed asked,"What type generator do you have?" He said that ours has a circuit braker on the gen itself on the panel. Ours is a PowerTech. Call him if he can help out somehow. 305-360-0269. I am getting ready to go and check in to Kamp for my week here in TN.
Sandy

jimshoen
06-22-2009, 07:20 PM
What do you mean by 'the dials do not light up"?

Danss
06-22-2009, 09:37 PM
On the dash I have the oil and temp guages that light up when you turn Gen on. Talked to powertech today and they said bypast reset button with just a 4 amp fuse as the button(breaker) is probaly weak. Will try in the am . Thanks , Dan

jimshoen
06-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Dan, Is it fixed?

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-28-2009, 12:23 AM
QUOTE=jimshoen;49720]Dan, Is it fixed?[/QUOTE]

Hey Dan, we haven't heard from you. Have you had time to get the problem fixed yet? Jon, Di, Roger, Micki, Eric, Deb, Jay, Ed and I missed you and Jo tonight with dinner at the Foothills Milling Restuarant in Maryville, TN. It was very nice and the food was outstanding!! Eric wouldn't share his desert with me though.:rolleyes:
Sandy

sawdust_128
06-28-2009, 03:22 PM
QUOTE=jimshoen;49720]Dan, Is it fixed?

Hey Dan, we haven't heard from you. Have you had time to get the problem fixed yet? Jon, Di, Roger, Micki, Eric, Deb, Jay, Ed and I missed you and Jo tonight with dinner at the Foothills Milling Restuarant in Maryville, TN. It was very nice and the food was outstanding!! Eric wouldn't share his desert with me though.:rolleyes:
Sandy[/quote]

I'm sure not as much as we missed being there. We are still stuck in Raleigh. C came down with a horrible respiratory infection. We hope to get going this mid week. Oh well, I have taken the time to get other stuff done.

Hope you are having a good time and lots of fun.

truk4u
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Dan - We're also checking on you!;)

Dust Bowl - See what happens when you inhale all that pine tar! Just kidding, hope the antibiotics are working...

sawdust_128
06-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Dan - We're also checking on you!;)

Dust Bowl - See what happens when you inhale all that pine tar! Just kidding, hope the antibiotics are working...

Thanks for the concern there Dumptruck. My wife swears she caught it from the relatives that went visiting Georgia. I told her she was wrong though. If that was the case, the lawn would have died and she feel a lot worse.:p

SInce I'm tired of cutting my lawn, do you have any plans for the Raleigh area any time soon?

Jon Wehrenberg
06-28-2009, 09:16 PM
See the new post regarding Dan.