PDA

View Full Version : Coach Accumulated Odometer Miles

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-19-2009, 10:07 PM
It would be interesting to see your coach accumulated mileage in the posting signature.

With that information a reader might get a better feel for knowing if a particular repair or failure might be something they should look at for their own bus if they were close in the mileage or way beyond the trouble point.

My bus is at 231,500 and I have a feeling I have a bus with much higher mileage than most.
Does anyone have more? I am interested to know.

Most things on and about my bus still appear to be almost like new, but we all know just as with our age "it's not how young you look or feel, it's how many years old you really are".
Most days I think the bus will outlast me:eek:

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi
06-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Jim that is quite a few miles for a bus your year it's just as much as ours.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm somewhere between 216,000 and 220,000. I have to look to see exactly where. But I'm not putting it in my signature line. Too much to remember. Would need a check list to make sure stuff is up to date.

I may regret saying this but frequent and extended use of these coaches seems to be the best way to keep them trouble free. I think high mileage is far better than a similar age coach with very few miles.

GDeen
06-20-2009, 09:58 AM
126,000 when purchased plus 1700 or so since. I have a lot of good use coming to catch up with you guys.:D

Most of the late vintage XLV's we looked at had 80-100k miles. Amazing how many out there were right at 100. 617 had somewhat more than average, but I liked the fact it was excercised regularly.

06-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Jon is right (once again) when he says using the bus is better than having it sit around.

We ended up spending extra $$ replacing stuff that was do to sitting around not in use. The flip side is the bus looked new inside and out, the systems needed the upgrading.

We have been at Prevost Car in Quebec next to 1999/2000 seated buses with well over 1,500,000 miles that looked good, and where just getting level 3 service, no major stuff, engines had been rebuilt, but the frame skin and all else looked darn good and these buses had been all over the back country of Quebec for years.

Milage is simply a metering stick, the key to the bus is the owners care and maintenance of same, and willingness to manage and upgrade the little stuff and not let the details slip. Skip a few each time and it becomes a slippery slope that at some point becomes difficult to even know where the big time bombs are.

Kevin Erion
06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
130,000 and counting, we do about 15,20K per year. We sold our 99 with 150,000 with no problem. Drove 40K in 3 years and we are on track with this bus.
We got it to us it, but a lot of time spent polishing also, great therapy. we are in Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort, enjoying the surrounding area, last night at the Mt. Rushmore ceremonies, Awesome for the whole family!

06-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello Kevin,

We are in Custers Gulch Campground just about 3 miles outside of Custer on Rt 16A at the Park entrance, literally at the park entrance. If you are staying for the weekend give us a call. 561-512-6181

We are planning on heading to Flathead lake this week then on to Glacier, any ideas on the best places to stay??

Pete
06-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Bruce, there is a KOA in Polson that is pretty decent. We spent a week there a year or so ago. From there you can take the tow car to Glacier Park. You are in for a real treat. Enjoy.

Scott T
06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Bruce
You need to stop in Sturgis N.D. and get a pic of main street. In about a month ,the place will be filled with thousands of motorcycles, and people everywhere.
Safe Journey
Scott

flyu2there
06-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Believe that is South Dakota...no matter, its a true freak show. Probably a bit late to garner a parking spot unless you want to try the Buffalo Chip (uggh)

John

rfoster
06-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Jim C.: Your bus will think the driver has died. Get that Blingmobile on the road. It loves to go.

I got the CC in August 08 with 54K miles and now it has 74K. We will probably wind up with about 30k miles for the first year.

The Arabs love me.

06-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Wondered where the big western bike rally takes place, lots of bikes out here now, large traveling groups all over. Sturgis is very nearby. Good info.

06-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Bruce, there is a KOA in Polson that is pretty decent. We spent a week there a year or so ago. From there you can take the tow car to Glacier Park. You are in for a real treat. Enjoy.
We heading out of Custer this week for West Yellowstone KOA (Very Pricy KOA). After there we will head to Polson at the Eagles Nest RV resort then on to Glacier staying at North American RV Resort in Coram near Lake McDonald.

Not sure about the eagles nest, but will report back about the overall stay.

To keep with the thread honest, we are now at 49,000 mile mark heading for the big 50 this week. We have driven the bus just about 20,000 since we picked the bus up at the factory in Coburg in Feb of 2008. It is just starting to completely break in and running like a top.

michaeldterry
06-22-2009, 10:49 AM
It would be interesting to see your coach accumulated mileage in the posting signature.

Most days I think the bus will outlast me:eek:

Mileage at purchase on 01/06/09 = 97,058 miles.

Current mileage = 101,600 miles