PDA

View Full Version : The Beautiful Confines

Joe Cannarozzi
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
We just had a great day showing Linda and Jim around Lincoln Park and Wrigley-ville. Went to the Sox vs. Cubs at Wrigley Field.

Cubs were down 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th. Scored 4 in the 8th and then won it in the ninth with 2 out and 2 strikes on the batter.

Did some bar hoping down Clark street afterwards but you really had to be there. Here are some snapshots.

For those who are unaware those upper deck bleachers are on the rooftops on the other side of Sheffield ave from the park there is no upper deck at Wrigley The photo of the city was over my back from our seats.

If you intend to go out for the evening with these two you better wear your boogie boots:)

Best spot in the city, untill Jeff Bayley comes and rewrites the manual up here.

They did spend 1 night up at that McCormick lot and it was O/K 22 bucks no electric, water or dump station fenced asphault gated 24/7 access right where I-55 runs into Lake Shore Drive. You will either need a toad or a cab to get to downtown too far to walk IMO the biggest downside. Could fit the whole club in that lot, easy.

GDeen
06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the pics Joe. Looks like you guys had some fun. Chicago is a cool city. Never will forget left field bleachers on a similar tour with local friends in 1983. Geno's East pizza. Rush Street. All good stuff.

Jeff Bayley
06-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Very cool especially since the four of you are the only four I've had as a guest here in Florida so far and now you're together. Wonder what they are saying about crazy Jeff.

Jim- If you need anything done your coach, there is a very capable and very honest shop there. A while back Prevost was organizing some other fashion and had authorized repair centers and this place was one of them. They have a stock of many items at their facility and whatever they don't have you get right in Chicago where Prevost Parts is based. When I was there about three years ago the labor rate was $60 an hour. They have a body shop which repaired and repainted part of the fiberglass on the rear cap. The work was great. It is the only time I can ever remember getting a bill and being speechless (in the opposite direction)at the total with the paint work, with changing out either one or two windshields, and a number of other items that they saw to for only $1500. I said "how come this is so cheap". Steve, the manager, just said "that's what we charge". You should all keep this place on file if you're in the Chicago area. I can't say enough good things about them, they're honest, with very little compromise in capability. They maintain a fleet of Prevost buses for another operation which is why they're mostly up to date and informed on any repair you may need. You can park there to. I think I even plugged in.

Prevost Central States Coach
Steve
2513 Higgins Road
Elk Grove Village, IL
Ph: 847-364-4788 Fax: 847) 437-4978

Joe Cannarozzi
06-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Jeff, Linda and Jim had a great time with you and so did we. I too have been to Central States they repaired my OTR A/C, 6000 bucks.

michaeldterry
06-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Geno's East pizza. Rush Street. All good stuff.

Gordon - I agree with you on all except the pizza. Geno's East is good, but the best pizza in Chicagoland (and the world) is Giordano's! In fact, I just ordered a couple of Giordano's special stuffed pizzas from their website to be overnighted to me in Atlanta! You can get yours here:
http://www.giordanos.com/main.php

phorner
06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
You folks all look like you're having a great time. When in the Windy City, you can't get better hosts than Joe and Deb!

Thanks for sharing the pix....:)