PDA

View Full Version : New Lunch Spot

GDeen
06-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Coming home from our shakedown cruise at Buckhorn, pulled in to a rest stop near Johnson City TX for lunch. Nice to have it all with you in air conditioned comfort!

Sid Tuls
06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Gordon, Great looking bus! By the looks of the Texas flag we are having the same wind in Amarillo:rolleyes:

tdelorme
06-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Man I thought you were going to tell us about a new Taco joint in the Hill Country. What a letdown.

The bus looks great, nice ride. Have you gotten those West Coast license plates off her yet? And Gordon, we like people in pictures.:)

GDeen
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Sid, yes the wind was blowin about 25 with 100 degree temp - just like a hairdryer.

Ted, I can see your point.:) We are still just getting used to this stuff all you guys take for granted like just pulling over in A/C comfort and having lunch in the bus, which for us is the great new lunch spot.;)

Joe Cannarozzi
06-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Who does the dishes:confused:

I am that guy out on the road. I also can easily and happily need no TV while out and about.

These two fact are nothing short of amazing and a testament of the attitude adjustment the bus gives me:)

Gordon how many youngsters come along with you guys?

GDeen
06-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Joe,

For the road lunch, solo cup and paper took care of the dishes. Thus far Miss Jennifer has been happy to abide with that chore otherwise whilest I have been out in the heat happily sweating through my organizational chores.

We have three boys - 19, 21, 23. Youngest in college, oldest a chef. They will travel some. We also have a 13 year old niece we are raising. Her mother was Jennifer's older sister and she died 3 years ago from ovarian cancer. She will travel with us mostly, probably with a friend in tow.

We have an epic trip planned for late July to Mesa Verde, Tetons, and Yellowstone. The whole crew will be along for much of the ride. I have rented sleeping cabins at the multi day stops so as to keep the family at peace.

GDeen
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Joe,

For the road lunch, solo cup and paper took care of the dishes. Thus far Miss Jennifer has been happy to abide with that chore otherwise whilest I have been out in the heat happily sweating through my organizational chores.

We have three boys - 19, 21, 23. Youngest in college, oldest a chef. They will travel some. We also have a 13 year old niece we are raising. Her mother was Jennifer's older sister and she died 3 years ago from ovarian cancer. She will travel with us mostly, probably with a friend in tow.

We have an epic trip planned for late July to Mesa Verde, Tetons, and Yellowstone. The whole crew will be along for much of the ride. I have rented sleeping cabins at the multi day stops so as to keep the family at peace.

How could I forget to mention Su the Bulldog. He made the maiden voyage to Kerrville and will make many more trips....

aggies09
06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Gordon,

Great to see another proud Texan on the site. Good looking bus. Hope to see you at the Fatbeagle get together in Kerrville or POG OKC. Have fun on the epic journey this summer. That sounds like a great time for all.