PDA

View Full Version : fuel mileage

hillndale
06-14-2009, 10:48 PM
What should we expect to get on average with mostly highway driving on our Vantare XLII?
According to the mileage indicator, we're currently getting about 3.6mgp. Does that sound about right?

Joe Cannarozzi
06-14-2009, 11:13 PM
That is about half what it should be either your readout is an error or something is way wrong.

Joe Cannarozzi
06-14-2009, 11:18 PM
In an effort to try to balance things here and in responce to all those who keep volumes of data on fuel.

I could no way ever tell you how much fuel I put in and I have no clue and I mean NO CLUE what mpg it gets. If I can top off for under 500 the left over is beer money:o

I know there are others out there.

GDeen
06-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I averaged about 6.5 -6.7 on the trip home from LA

dale farley
06-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I usually get between 6.5 and 7.2 on level gound at 62 mph.. If you are talking about the Pro Driver when you say "mileage indicator", you may not be understanding how it works. I still don't have mine completely figured out, but I thought my mileage was terrible for a while. What I later realized was that if you don't reset the the "trip" setting, you can get some bad average mpg.

I was letting the bus idle for extended periods of time while checking the AC etc., then leaving for a trip. The ProDriver averaged all that idle time in with my driving, so the average mpg was adversely impacted for that trip. At least, I think this is what happens. Someone tell me if I am wrong on this.

Of course the most accurate way to know fuel mileage, is like Jon does. Record every gallon and every mile, then after a while you will have a good picture of the actual mpg.

jack14r
06-15-2009, 05:38 AM
My experience with the Detroit series 60 with the EGR will not get over 5.5 on most trips.the worst I ever got was 4.1 and I was towing a 16,000 pound trailer.When towing a full size Truck I get 4.8-5.3,speed is my enemy I am usually 9 MPH over the speed limit.I would think that I could get over 5.5 but I could only run the speed limit or not tow a toad,3.6 sounds really low especially without OTR.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-15-2009, 08:07 AM
I use the ProDriver not only as a reference for MPG, but I reset it at my oil changes and use it to remind me when the next one is due. As a result I take the displayed MPG right after it has been reset with a grain of salt. To get a more accurate indication of your average MPG really requires several thousand miles of driving so all factors come into play and are reflected in the average.

For the first year I have had this bus I compared what the ProDriver was telling me at the 5000 mile point when I would change oil and reset the display with my fuel purchases, adjusted as best I could to reflect generator usage. As it turns out the ProDriver is very accurate, but there are some variables.

My ProDriver will report the set speed for my cruise control. It varies by about 1.5 MPH from what the speedometer and the GPS display. So in my case there is some small percent of error in its calculations. I have the electronic speedometer with the LCD display odometer and it can be calibrated. I have tweaked it to reflect the miles as accurately as I could by using the mile markers over a ten mile distance, and it agrees in displayed speed with the GPS so I'm sure however the DDEC calculates distance it is slightly in error.

I think during previous discussions about mileage that what constitutes normal range varies from vintage to vintage. The 2 stroke engines never delivered mileage equal to the early Series 60 coaches. They seemed to have been the coaches with the highest MPG. That might have been because of the Series 60 coaches they were the lightest, or maybe that generation of DDEC, emission controls and fuel formulation all combined to deliver high numbers.

As the coaches morphed into slide coaches, IFS, and later generations of emissions controls I think from what has been posted the average MPG range has gone down.

The bottom line is as drivers we have a high degree of impact on our fuel consumption and we can choose the MPG we get to a great extent.

Even those of us that use our coaches 20,000 miles per year, and have the choice of getting 5 MPG or 8 MPG the difference is 1500 gallons, or at today's prices $3,750 difference in cost of operation which is chump change compared to depreciation or loss of earnings on invested capital.

jelmore
06-15-2009, 08:11 AM
This from an all day drive to Chicago yesterday, 500 hp series 60, towing 4,500 lb Jeep . . .
With OTR in the rolling hills of Missouri, 62 mph = 7.7 mpg
With OTR on the flatlands of Illinois, 56 mph = 8.7 mpg
Without OTR in Illinois, 56 mph = 9.2+ mpg

michaeldterry
06-15-2009, 08:22 AM
This from an all day drive to Chicago yesterday, 500 hp series 60, towing 4,500 lb Jeep . . .
With OTR in the rolling hills of Missouri, 62 mph = 7.7 mpg
With OTR on the flatlands of Illinois, 56 mph = 8.7 mpg
Without OTR in Illinois, 56 mph = 9.2+ mpg

Wow! My right foot suddenly became lighter! :p

hillndale
06-15-2009, 08:28 AM
OK, so it sounds like i must need to reset the Pro-Driver gauge. It was idling for long times during the Featherlite orientation and the gen was on most of the time while driving and while idling. Do you think that would affect the mpg reading on the Pro-Driver gauge?

jelmore
06-15-2009, 08:44 AM
My mileage was highway miles only other than rest stops and a fuel stop. I know it drops dramatically with city driving and idling.

phorner
06-15-2009, 09:04 AM
We put on just over 7,000 miles last trip out and averaged 7.7 MPG over the trip. It's my understanding that the Pro Driver calculates mileage based on the fuel flow thru the injectors and therefore the use of the generator or Webasto would not impact these numbers.

I usually drive just under 65 mph and tow a Jeep Liberty. Speed and weight are the only things that I have much control over and I try to use both to my advantage whenever possible.

My original goal was 6.5 MPG as a good number to shoot for, so I'm real pleased, and frankly surprised, with the 7.7 :D

BrianE
06-15-2009, 09:58 AM
The Pro-Driver only records fuel going through the engine. Generator usage can have a significant effect on overall fuel burn as it uses about a gallon an hour. The only way to accurately calculate total fuel usage per mile including generator and Webasto use is to divide miles driven between fillups by gallons added. Don't miss the current "Pyrometer Gauge" thread which has additional good info on fuel usage.

Incidentally, idling the engine for long periods of time is not necessary. Aside from an idle period during initial startup for a days drive, extended idling is a waste of fuel. Depending on the outside air temperature and the integrity of your air system this period should probably average no more than 10 minutes or so.

Hillndale: Take a look at the signature most of us add to the bottom of our posts. Knowing the year, converter, and type of toad assists everyone in answering your questions. You can easily add a signature by using the "Quick Links" drop-down menu at the top of the page. :)

Loc
06-15-2009, 10:06 AM
It would help to know what year of coach you are driving. Mileage will depend on how much pollution control equipment is on the engine. In our 2002 XLII, I average about 6.8 to 6.9 mpg over a variety of driving terrain pulling a 04 Tahoe. I generally drive just below the speed limit (68 in a 70). At 3.6 mpg something is wrong even if it is a newer model. Are you checking based on the display on the dash or the old fashioned way of measuring miles traveled versus gallons used. Remember that the generator and Aquahot will result in lower percieved mileage based on the old fashion method. If you are using the dash display reset the display and try it again.

Petervs
06-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Hillndale, the idle time does not affect the prodriver mpg readout, it does affect the fuel used readout.

At idle, you are burning maybe 1 or 1.5 gallons per hour, at high idle maybe 3. How many hours was ir idling and why?

Jon, you can program your DDEC to correct the miles driven. Using a code reader there is an input page where ypu tell the DDEC how many tire revolutions is a mile based on the diameter of your Chinese tires, it alo needs to know the rear axle ratio, etc. But you can get it exactly correct.

hillndale
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
It would help to know what year of coach you are driving. Mileage will depend on how much pollution control equipment is on the engine. In our 2002 XLII, I average about 6.8 to 6.9 mpg over a variety of driving terrain pulling a 04 Tahoe. I generally drive just below the speed limit (68 in a 70). At 3.6 mpg something is wrong even if it is a newer model. Are you checking based on the display on the dash or the old fashioned way of measuring miles traveled versus gallons used. Remember that the generator and Aquahot will result in lower percieved mileage based on the old fashion method. If you are using the dash display reset the display and try it again.

The coach is called an '07 by Featherlite but the actual chassis was built in Nov '05. This mileage is based on the Pro-Driver display. I did some calculations based on miles driven and came up with about 4.1mpg. That is with generator running at all times when driving and also running periodically while stored b/c we do not yet have electrical hook up for storage. I guess it still seems kind of low. I'm going to take it for a highway drive later with the display reset and see what we came up with.
Cany anyone think of any specific engine issues that could cause drastically decreased mileage if in fact the 3.6mpg's are correct?

Kenneth Brewer
06-15-2009, 12:21 PM
We get about 5.2 including hills, altitude, running the gen while stopped for an hour or so at rest stops maybe 2 or 3 times a day, and running the OTR the entire time, generally. This is according to the DDEC. I run the speed limit, on cruise control, which is generally no less than 70, up to 80 out west, unless it was close to freezing and below, or if it is raining, or heavy interstate traffic. This figure includes the entire trip result (the same over about 4 trips). Coach weight full of fuel and fresh water plus 2 people is right at 51000, with no axle overloaded. No tow.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Jon, you can program your DDEC to correct the miles driven. Using a code reader there is an input page where ypu tell the DDEC how many tire revolutions is a mile based on the diameter of your Chinese tires, it alo needs to know the rear axle ratio, etc. But you can get it exactly correct.

I have no manual for the ProDriver and I have looked all over the Detroit site and on the internet for a book. Do you have one I can copy?

I would like to tweak it to more accurately reflect speed and distance.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-15-2009, 03:40 PM
:o This is Sandy here. Since this is a learning forum---Why would someone run their generator continuously while driving on a trip? I'm being serious here to try and learn! I know sometimes we run the generator while driving to run one of the roof airs-- to cool the coach more, that is, if the dash air isn't enough. Just trying to learn more about the operation of the coaches.
Ed is in Music Camp with DANNS at this time or I would ask him.
Sandy:D

Ray Davis
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Sandy,

It's hard to give you an absolutely correct answer. It's very common to drive down the road with generator running, to get additional air conditioning power.

However some coaches, like my Marathon, allow you to run two of the A/C's directly from the inverter while driving. That is one A/C per inverter circuit. If I want to have more, then I would need to run the generator while driving.

I do not know if your Royale is equipped in a similar fashion. If not, you would indeed run your generator while driving. It is certainly fine to do so.

Ray

Ray Davis
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Jon,

If Jim can update the ZIP file limit here, I can post a Pro Driver manual in PDF format.

Wait, I'll just email to Jim, and ask that he post it.

Here is the link to the Pro Driver Manual. Thanks Ray! (http://pog.geekteam.com/users/BD83DEF1-CF1D-CEE2-5BF432431EE8B2E3/library/files/ProDriver%20manual%206SE7031.pdf)

Ray

TG Transport
06-15-2009, 06:19 PM
For what its worth our 94 Liberty rarely got better than the high 5s based on old fashion miles/gallons which would include webasto and genset use. Our 03 Marathon gets 6.7 day in and out if you believe the computer. This thread has caused me to question how its calculated. We are currently 900 miles into a 2600 mile trip so I may try it the algebraic way for sport. Like Sammy Hagar says, I can't drive 55. We usually run about 68-70.

Ray Davis
06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Although I haven't seen anywhere in the Pro Driver manual where it indicates that idle gallons are calculated into the overall MPG, I would venture a guess that it is. Reasoning is based upon the fact that the detailed trip data screens actually give a breakdown of gallons used, and MPG in each gear, including an idle gallons and MPG.

So, I would guess at this point, that MPG listed in the trip view includes the gallons used at idle. I would think, however, as Peter indicated that although it may be included, the number of gallons typically used in idling is not going to be a significant fraction of total gallons when combined into the total used on a trip.

I generally seem to average according to my Pro Driver around 6.7 MPG. Best I ever saw was about an 8.0 as I drove from Amarillo TX westbound. But, by the time I stopped for fuel in Kingman AZ, it was down to 7.2. That's the best I've ever seen. Driving around 63-63, towing.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
FWIW the ProDriver manual is for a different vintage ProDriver than the one I have.

Mine does not accept a card.

jack14r
06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I know my coach includes idle fuel burned to compute the MPG.

Petervs
06-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Jon, In order to tweak your coach for more accurate speed and distance, you must correct the factors on the DDEC. You can easily do that with a code reader.

You will have to be sure the rear axle ratio is correct, and the number of tire revolutions per mile.

No pro driver manual is needed, all it does is display the result.

truk4u
06-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Jon,

My Pro Driver may be the same as yours. If you want, I'll copy the manual and send it to you...

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Sandy,

It's hard to give you an absolutely correct answer. It's very common to drive down the road with generator running, to get additional air conditioning power.

However some coaches, like my Marathon, allow you to run two of the A/C's directly from the inverter while driving. That is one A/C per inverter circuit. If I want to have more, then I would need to run the generator while driving.

I do not know if your Royale is equipped in a similar fashion. If not, you would indeed run your generator while driving. It is certainly fine to do so.

Ray
Thank you, Ray! I understand what you stated. The generator is running for A/C. I do understand the inverters, also. Since our coach is ONLY a 40ft. and not as big as others(HA!) we stay cool enough,with our bathroom door closed,just with the dash air(most of the time). I guess I wasn't thinking that most people want to cool down the whole bus while traveling. I am always sitting up front with Ed(or driving) while underway and not using the rest of the coach. Again, thank you for the info.
Sandy

Ray Davis
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
FWIW the ProDriver manual is for a different vintage ProDriver than the one I have.

Mine does not accept a card.

The data card is not critical to this manual. If you have a card, then that section applies. If not, I believe the rest is still pretty much the same. I don't have a card, but have used this manual numerous times.

Ray

Sid Tuls
06-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Although I haven't seen anywhere in the Pro Driver manual where it indicates that idle gallons are calculated into the overall MPG, I would venture a guess that it is. Reasoning is based upon the fact that the detailed trip data screens actually give a breakdown of gallons used, and MPG in each gear, including an idle gallons and MPG.

So, I would guess at this point, that MPG listed in the trip view includes the gallons used at idle. I would think, however, as Peter indicated that although it may be included, the number of gallons typically used in idling is not going to be a significant fraction of total gallons when combined into the total used on a trip.

I generally seem to average according to my Pro Driver around 6.7 MPG. Best I ever saw was about an 8.0 as I drove from Amarillo TX westbound. But, by the time I stopped for fuel in Kingman AZ, it was down to 7.2. That's the best I've ever seen. Driving around 63-63, towing.

Ray
Oh by the way was that the speed we ran to Lake Havasu???

truk4u
06-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Sandy my Dear, how could you possibly get through these summer days without OTR?:p Like you, we're also just a little 40 footer with dash air and do just fine. I hope they don't park us with the goat people in OKC, OTR buses get preference you know.:eek:

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 08:57 AM
I see us as a divided group. Those with OTR and those without.

Unless and until you have lived with each I doubt if one faction can completely understand or see the other factions point of view.

We need to forgive Truk because I don't think he understands how nice it is to shut down at the end of a day's driving and be able to get into a bedroom that has not been heat soaked all day from the blazing sun and the hot engine.

But then again you may have to forgive me because I cannot appreciate the immense extra storage space for junk I wont use that is provided by the elimination of the OTR air. That is, unless the converter has filled it with their own version of air conditioning.

You guys that don't have OTR are in denial. You have a megabuck coach and you cannot even keep it cool without burning a gazillion gallons of motion lotion to run the generator.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Jon, I love going in to the bedroom at "the end of a day's driving" that is "heat soaked"! What is wrong with you? Oh, I do remember that I am much younger than you, sorry!! I wasn't thinking there of my elders. But, the truth is.. Our #3 A/C cools down our bedroom very fast. Your OTR must not be working right, if you KNOW how hot it is at the end of a day's drive ??
Eat some more OYSTERS.

dale farley
06-16-2009, 10:10 AM
In the spirit of bringing harmony to all Poggers, why don't the OTR air owners and the Non-OTR owners just sell their coaches and buy a CC with its own OTR! That should make everyone HAPPY!!!

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Sandy (you young whippersnapper) I had a failure of my OTR many decades ago, but the memory is still fresh in my mind. I remember running the generator trying to cool the coach down (unsuccessfully I might add) and how I thank my lucky stars I have OTR.

Dale, you keep telling yourself that you have OTR. It's OK. We understand.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Sandy my Dear, how could you possibly get through these summer days without OTR?:p Like you, we're also just a little 40 footer with dash air and do just fine. I hope they don't park us with the goat people in OKC, OTR buses get preference you know.:eek:
Tom, I'm not a "PROUD". I am just a tough person. Like you!!
Sandy

rfoster
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
My 2 Cents.

I have had both OTR from Prevost and now from CC. The OTR is nice and cold and takes up a lot of bay space, but the CC air so far so good.

I used it the first time this past week while traveling back from South Carolina (outside temps in the high 80s low 90s) cause the gran kids were in the back watching movies on the TV. They kept telling me they were cold and that they needed another blanket.

Not bad for a crappy CC OTR system.:cool:

dale farley
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Roger,

I also used mine the other day, and we were perfectly cool. What is really nice is that I installed a new compressor, both expansion valves, both condenser fans, accumulator dryer, and recharged the system for less than $1000 (actually $953). I don' think the OTR boys can come anywhere close to that.

GDeen
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Getting a little "heated" in here..:)

Obviously I am new to all this, and need to read up on the pro-driver deal. It indicated 6.5-6.7 and I computed ~ 6.5mph the old fashioned way. That was mostly with cruise set at 69 and OTR on coming home from LA. Wind was quartering into the bus from the SE.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 01:06 PM
If you think the OTR discussion is getting heated, wait until I make smoe insulting remark abut slides. Then to drive the slide guys crazy I will focus on Prevost slides, version 5.1.

LarryB
06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
It seems to me that all the 'PRO' Prevost OTR air guys are folks that live in the regions of the country where the humidity is equal to the temp. Any chance you guys are really using those big honk'n a/c units as de-humidifiers and not just cooling units.
Jon, I'm told that the OTR units requires a bunch of horse power to run,[hear say] so what does that equate to in "motion lotion"?

GDeen
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I gotta admit, there is some satisfaction buried deep in my dna from opening that rear panel and looking at the size of the OTR compressor.....

jelmore
06-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Since I have some recent numbers, I did this little analysis (we're at Joe's in Chicago and it's raining and can't play) of what mpg means in dollars. It's not big numbers but I guess over 1000's of miles it would make a difference. Looks like 500hp driving the otr air is not a big hit. And your mileage may vary.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Larry, All kidding aside it doesn't matter how we air condition our coaches because if we maintain the same temperature differential relative to the outside air temperature it will take the same amount of energy.

There are going to be variables such as energy losses depending on the power source but those variations are likely to be unmeasurable without sophisticated instrumentation.

OTR air is about 80,000 + BTU. A typical Cruise Air or roof air is around 13,000 BTU. Assuming equal solar impact on the coach and the same outside air temperatures it will take XXXXX BTU to maintain an interior temperature of XX. When that temperature is attained the AC units will only function as required to maintain that temperature.

So if the AC is powered by the inverters, the alternator will be loaded as necessary to put out the wattage required to operate the AC. The generator motor will be loaded only as necessary to provide the power to run the AC. And the Carrier compressor and the fans for the bus OTR AC will use engine power for the compressor and alternator to drive them. Where there are some differences is in how quickly each system brings the bus interior down to the set temperature and that is where the rate of use of energy varies. The OTR has the ability to cool a lot of air fast, but it will take a lot more power for a shorter time than operating three 13,000 BTU AC units which will use half the energy, but take much more than twice longer to reach the set point.

As long as the desired coach temperature can be reached and maintained I think you will find all systems are acceptable and that each has advantages and disadvantages. Just to encourage some thinking, when the OTR quits, even if one single component like a circuit breaker fails it is all over. The owner has no choice but to fall back on the house systems and that might mean running the generator. When a coach with roof airs has a unit quit, it only affects one out of three or four units, and as long as the remaining AC units are adequate the owner has nothing to worry about. But in each case the potential to get uncomfortable exists so there is so far no fail safe environmental system design that I am aware of short of providing a coach with an over abundance of systems.

hillndale
06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
:o This is Sandy here. Since this is a learning forum---Why would someone run their generator continuously while driving on a trip? I'm being serious here to try and learn! I know sometimes we run the generator while driving to run one of the roof airs-- to cool the coach more, that is, if the dash air isn't enough. Just trying to learn more about the operation of the coaches.
Ed is in Music Camp with DANNS at this time or I would ask him.
Sandy:D

We have four kids which means usually 2 tv's on, video games and laptops plugged in and on, lots of lights on, and usually at least 3 a/c's running.
We can run two a/c's off the inverter but lately its been very humid where we are and we've had 3 or more on.

hillndale
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I reset the Pro-Driver and took it on a 60 mile trip. The latest mpg figures are 6.8. Not sure why it was reading so low before but assuming this is accurate, i guess i can't complain. Also, Featherlite and Detroit reps have told me the mileage will improve further as the engine gets broken in at about 50K miles.

Anyway, thanks for all the helpful insight on this issue everyone!

Joe Cannarozzi
06-16-2009, 06:34 PM
There is a figure in Jims chart that is not deniable.

Gallons per hr with and with out the OTR A/C on is only 0.35 gallon per hr more.

How is running the gen using 1 to 1.5 gal per hr just as good. NOT . Not even close.

Next question what is the difference in gal per hr running 2 a/c off of inverters verses without? I bet it may be close to that .35 gal per hr.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
There is a base fuel consumption for a generator operating without a load. I am guessing for the average generator that is around .35 GPH. As the load is applied the fuel usage increases. I don't know what the factor is to calculate the fuel consumption on a diesel engine, but on a gas engine dividing the horsepower used (there is a conversion for watts to HP) by some factor, such as 13.75 provides a value of the fuel used in gallons.

For a quick and dirty estimate of how much fuel the generator uses go to the Northern Catalog and where they list generators with fuel tanks they rate how many hours the generator will run at some percent of maximum load on a tank of fuel. That will be close enough for discussion purposes.

Right now at 62 MPH I burn about 8 GPH. I'll wager running the generator might increase that to 8.4 if the only load is 3000 watts (real rough around 6 HP) or about 15% of the generator's potential output.

garyde
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Who said something about slides? I love my slides. With the Prevost OTR, the compressor has a clutch, so it only kicks in when your temp inside goes up. I keep mine on most all the time except on overcast and/or cool days. I think I have used the heat mode less than a half dozen times.
My Coach has about 73000 miles and I get about 6.8 MPG. I also drive around 65 MPH or a little higher at times. So, I don't think MPG will go up as the engine has more miles on it.

truk4u
06-17-2009, 09:43 AM
If you think the OTR discussion is getting heated, wait until I make smoe insulting remark abut slides. Then to drive the slide guys crazy I will focus on Prevost slides, version 5.1.

What's a "smoe insulting remark?":D

Jon Wehrenberg
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Byte me, d**khead.

I am going to ask Lew to do a spell check on all your posts.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-17-2009, 02:00 PM

What's a "smoe insulting remark?":D

Hey Tom, Jon was so tickeled about bashing slides, he forgot his spell check.

" I love my Slide 100% of the time" and that is my story and I am sticking to it! :p :D

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Gary,

You will soon learn real men have OTR, rivets, and no slides.

dale farley
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
You boys need to play a little nicer or someone will have to "take their toys and go home!"

lewpopp
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
As for a spell check on Truk, he gets a pass. He's one of the good guys in this group.

I had better leave you other babbling bums to yourselves.

Now Truk, sell my coach and release me from this prison.

garyde
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Gary,

You will soon learn real men have OTR, rivets, and no slides.

Hi Jon. Is that Rivets or Rickets. Just checking.:D

truk4u
06-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Lew - Thanks for the backup and putting A-1's weenie in the dirt!;) Hang in there, someone will come along eventually.

Gary - Jon got so wound up on slides, he miss stroked his keyboard..:rolleyes:

TG Transport
06-18-2009, 07:33 PM
He said stroked. By the way, isn't this a thread about mileage?

As an experiment today, I went 64 MPH going south on I-90 towards Cleveland. In a hundred mile run, I got 9.4 MPG. This goes to show you what in-town traffic and running 70 MPH really does to your efficiency.

truk4u
06-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Towson,

Are you kidding, if a thread didn't get hijacked, we would all be concerned.:D

PS - How do you go south on I-90 towards Cleveland?:confused:

At 9.4, I think you just made Prevost/POG history.;)

Pete
06-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Need to get to Detroit Diesel, my bus is only getting about 16.5 mpg, down from 19. Looks like a tune up is in order!

dale farley
06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
The last time I checked mine it was getting about 12 MPG. That was 5 in town and 7 on the road.

lewpopp
06-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Truk,

Towsend was going downhill all the way on going south on 90. How else would he get the mileage?

These guys think we don't ever listen.

Heading north on 95 after the doctor releases me. Oh dear me. Maybe I should go west on 95, I'd prpbably get the better mileage.

racebus
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
My bus averages 6.5 MPH. When I do my trip planning I convert the mileage to per hour fuel burn which consistently works out to 10 gallons per hour.

Sawbonz
01-28-2011, 07:02 PM
The last time I checked mine it was getting about 12 MPG. That was 5 in town and 7 on the road.

Old, but funny! The thread, not the guy.