PDA

View Full Version : Parts - Please

Will Garner
06-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know of a source for the front door rub rail on a 1990 Prevost converted by Country Coach? I am told the rub rail on this coach is not a Prevost piece but an after market converter installed one. It has no rubber strips - just plain stainless, if stainless can ever be considered plain.

OK, it was not my fault. Some dittzy Pennsylvania blondie merged from the #3 lane into the #2 lane before her rear end was clear of the coach. One hour on the shoulder of I-80 between milepost 29 and Exit #30 is no fun, especially with a curb that restricts the width available to get out of the way. Trucks coming past literally rocked the bus side to side. Oh yeah, the work zone was blasting rock!:eek:

Only property damage no one hurt, that is except for my feelings which I can't even begin to describe here.

Thanks for any help. The Progressive adjuster has never seen a Prevost claim before. Big surprise.

dalej
06-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Will,

Send it out to me and I'll see what I can do. If Harry gets to you first, that's ok. :)

Jeff Bayley
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Dale- do and Harry straightened sheet-metal? I think I recall a couple of other posts where you do. I just ordered a bunch of replacement body panels for my bus. The very lower portions. Most of them are just wrinkled and not completely dented. Instead of throwing these out, should I bring them to Oklahoma and give them to you?

I suppose will must know about International Bus Parts and Orlando that makes the aftermarket polished panels for just about every piece on our buses. I think that's where 90% of everyone gets their panels anyway. Presume he must've tried them and they don't have it.

Speaking of these body panels, this was the first time me and my mechanic buddy replace some of them ourselves using Mango Mikes knowledgebase of articles. However there were a couple that stumped us that we didn't get to like the inch and a half wide ones in between the big bay doors and also the ones just in front of the drive axles. Wondering how to access and screw the rub rail. Not very apparent. I'm presuming this must be different from one converter to the other. I have a Royal.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a rub rail for a door. I have no clue if it will work, but its worth a try. It is bent slightly and I had it removed and replaced before I took possession of the bus. It needs a little straightening but that is easy to do.

If it works, it is yours Will.

I was going to keep it as a spare and intended to push it straight but haven't gotten around to it. I wanted it so if I ever dinged one, I could do a sneaky repair like last year's award winner's did so I would not have to be honored with an award, but I can take my chances.

rahangman
06-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Yes, I tangled with a wooden utility pole last fall (before I became POGGER) skinning off my rear Psgr Side Dock linte and buggering up the small SS trim ahead of Drive and the long trim on Psgr side 4th bay. Open door and look on back side of door, you will find 4 black rubber "Plugs" remove and you have access to 15MM nut, DONT TAKE THEM OFF! loosen them equally about halfway to coming off allowing you to slide the panel gently and cafefully till the bolt head slide out of ribs that are glued to the inside of the trim panel. I did this, gently hammered out and (now that you know) find it very hard to tell of any wrinkling. Maybe luck, my nephew a body man at a car dealership showed me how. Note, this is almost a 2 man job to try to get it back on, but patience and care, I got it back on by myself. If the "ribs" that are epoxyd (sp) to the inside of the trim come loose, buy a good grade of steel type epoxy and let set at least the recommended length of time using clamps and wood. Make sure you mark them well for exact repositioning as it becomes even more difficult to reinstall if you miss the alignment. If I can figure how to add pics, I could show them to you.

truk4u
06-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Jon,

Could you expand a little on these sneaky Pogger's, the new guys may want to know!;)

Jon Wehrenberg
06-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Truk,

I was referring to the Texan that goes around punching holes in his rear cap in his Marathon XLII to the tune of about $32,000, and tries to get it repaired without letting anyone know. We had to rely on our network of informants to bring that little bit of carelessness to our attention.

Almost simultaneously across the country near our nation's capital another famous Pogger was tearing off his rear H3 Marathon bumper on a pallet of goods in a warehouse. Like his counterpart sheep herder he also made an effort to maintain silence about his faux pas.

I now expect that posting this will be something like poking a hibernating bear with a stick, and it will produce some reaction, probably some offensive move to try to divert attention from their self inflicted wounds. At least they get to provide someone with the award this year, which may explain why Ted has lately been very low key.

garyde
06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
OK, it was not my fault. Some dittzy Pennsylvania blondie merged from the #3 lane into the #2 lane before her rear end was clear of the coach.

Well, if I had a quarter for everytim I've heard that line at a POG Rally.
You gotta take a lesson from Jdub in story development. Its a hidden talent.

;)

truk4u
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I have noticed silence from the Turd Trio lately, it takes time to get body work done. Could there be another ding event lurking in the weeds?:rolleyes:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Actually Tom, JDUB and his girls are all traveling these past weeks on vacation, so I am sure he has his hands full at the moment.

Not sure just where they are at the moment, but Loc might chime in before they head out on Thursday for vacation going north.

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
As long as this thread is heading off to parts unknown I think it is foolish to think JDUB is not up to something. Just because he is traveling doesn't mean he is not on the forum lurking.

I am reading behind the lines here, but if Truk is aware of a POG member who has some cosmetic malfunction (that goes beyond Sawdust's obvious bad taste) and that POG member is not forthcoming with details like Mel has done, then we may have to revisist the rules for the award. It may not be the severity of the damage that takes the prize, but the clandestine way the damage was kept secret.

Perhaps we need to explore this topic a little because public confessions of damage should make the damage less valuable in counting points, and hiding damage should increase the value of damage points in considering award candidates. Going further, I think the award committee needs to consider other factors such as damage history and openiness in revealing the whole story with multiple unannounced damage events virtually assuring a POG member of receipt of the award.

dale farley
06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I heard from Jerry a couple days ago, and he and the family are having a blast. Just left Yellowstone headed South.

Joe Cannarozzi
06-16-2009, 12:22 PM
I am with you on this one Jon my thoughts could not have been put more eloquently.

I will fess up right here and now. I have yet to put a scratch. I may have rubbed a few curbs with the drives does that count.

Maybe some could hire chauffeurs to solve their dilemma.

Jon ease up on those Sawdust comments, he is my new marketing guy.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Just be careful of the Sawdust guy. He has set fire to almost everything he owns and all the local fire snuffers know him by first name.

They breathe a collective sigh of relief whenever he hits the road because they know their workload is cut down significantly.