PDA

View Full Version : Aux Air Compressor

Richard Barnes
05-31-2009, 10:41 PM
I have no power to the Aux Compressor and I'm losing pressure over a two day period. I checked the outlet with a meter today and nothing. I routed new power to the compressor by way of an extension cord and it worked fine. It ran until the pop off opened and then continued to run leading me to believe that there is a pressure switch somewhere. I can't see it on the compressor or in the compartment with the compressor. I see what may be one on the main manifold under the steering box. Any advice from you guys that may have experienced this.

rfoster
05-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Richard: Can't say for sure on a 98 Liberty, but I had a 97 Liberty and the pressure switch was the first thing you saw when you opened up the steering compartment door under the drivers seat. It was in a high visibility location.

Have you checked that area out good yet? Mine was a gray color plastic housing with cap nut in the center to hold the cover on with 110 wiring and an air line going into it.

Good Luck.

Richard Barnes
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Richard: Can't say for sure on a 98 Liberty, but I had a 97 Liberty and the pressure switch was the first thing you saw when you opened up the steering compartment door under the drivers seat. It was in a high visibility location.

Have you checked that area out good yet? Mine was a gray color plastic housing with cap nut in the center to hold the cover on with 110 wiring and an air line going into it.

Good Luck.

That is exactly where this one is I see and it is as you describe. Any ideas on these things going bad?

garyde
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Richard. Test te pressure switch with a volt meter to see if the circuit is still
on. If the circuit is on, then try adjusting the screw on the pressure switch .

Richard Barnes
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Richard. Test te pressure switch with a volt meter to see if the circuit is still
on. If the circuit is on, then try adjusting the screw on the pressure switch .

Will do, thanks!

Joe Cannarozzi
05-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Sounds like you have 2 seperate problems there?

Did the compressor ever act up before you lost power to it?

Richard Barnes
06-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Sounds like you have 2 seperate problems there?

Did the compressor ever act up before you lost power to it?

Never noticed any problem before this. It just suddenly quit working.

Joe Cannarozzi
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Now that you have provided power for it from another source and the limit switch does not turn it off double chech your connections are correct.

Richard Barnes
06-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Found the pressure switch. I could move it with a screwdriver and the compressor came on. It never did stop the compressor until I moved it back to open contacts. I don't know if there is not enough pressure on the line to move the contacts open and closed or whether the set screw needs adjusting. Any thoughts?

truk4u
06-02-2009, 07:31 AM
What pressure are you getting on the gauge in the steering bay? That regulator is adjustable and I set mine to start at 70 psi and stop at 100 psi. That's sufficient air for us to operate the toilet and keeps the compressor run time reasonable. Mine comes on once about every 24 hrs. FYI, the Microphor air toilet takes 4 lbs per flush.

If you are able to get the compressor to come on by manipulating the regulator, that is probably your problem. You can get one at Home Depot.