PDA

View Full Version : Nice Folding Lounge Chairs...

GDeen
05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
On sale at Cabela's. Drove down yesterday and picked up 4 for around the pool. Exceptionally well made for $49 and very comfortable. Would be very nice to have under the awning with your favorite libation in the cup holder.:cool:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=5WRFELFFBRZU3LAQBBISCN3MCAEFEI WE?id=0032217517786a&navCount=23&podId=0032217&parentId=&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=Related_IPL_518274&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=&indexId=&hasJS=true&_requestid=112458

06-01-2009, 08:28 AM
I have some experience with these chairs. Purchased 2 of these last summer and they are pretty comfortable. Couple of issues though, heavy steel construction, a bit too heavy, bulky to handle. The biggest issue for me is the problem that if left out in the rain will start to drip out a metal ooze, goopy mess drips all over the place. Can't beat the price, it would be nice if they were made of aluminum. I think the location of manufacturer is also a possible reason for the OOZING issue, I bet if you opened up the inside you will see that there is no coating on the inside metal surfaces that when wet start to rust. $50 OK, if done right $150, so so.

GDeen
06-01-2009, 10:49 AM
I have some experience with these chairs. Purchased 2 of these last summer and they are pretty comfortable. Couple of issues though, heavy steel construction, a bit too heavy, bulky to handle. The biggest issue for me is the problem that if left out in the rain will start to drip out a metal ooze, goopy mess drips all over the place. Can't beat the price, it would be nice if they were made of aluminum. I think the location of manufacturer is also a possible reason for the OOZING issue, I bet if you opened up the inside you will see that there is no coating on the inside metal surfaces that when wet start to rust. $50 OK, if done right $150, so so.

George Hamilton would be envious of the sun reflector you have!

I bought a nylon "carrying case" for two of them which makes them easier to handle for portable use. The metal ooze sounds pretty nasty - will try to keep them out of the weather.

michaeldterry
06-01-2009, 11:24 AM
On sale at Cabela's. Drove down yesterday and picked up 4 for around the pool. Exceptionally well made for $49 and very comfortable. Would be very nice to have under the awning with your favorite libation in the cup holder.:cool:

This price was too good to pass up! I ordered a couple this morning. Thanks for the tip, Gordon! (I ordered the wide size to fit my wide body!)

GDeen
06-01-2009, 11:44 AM
One other comment Bruce - Cabela's rep told me they had some problems with earlier versions and have made some mods. If you bought them from Cabela's you ought to send them back for a new set. I scanned through dozens of reviews and didn't read of anyone complaining of "ooze" so I am sure they would replace them. Cabela's is great about that.

Hope you enjoy them Michael. After working in the back yard all afternoon, I passed out in one of them!

Jeff Bayley
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Anybody know where to order the chairs that have a sunshade built into them overhead. It might come on an off the chair. Stefanny is anti sun.

dale farley
06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Jeff,

Some of the grocery stores in Florida sell them during the summer. I was going to order a couple from a sporting goods store for about $45 each. I got a couple during the Fall at our local Winn Dixie on sale for $25.

garyde
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Anybody know where to order the chairs that have a sunshade built into them overhead. It might come on an off the chair. Stefanny is anti sun.

Here is a Company fom a FMCA Convention

dale farley
06-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Jeff,

Sears and KMart have the Kelsyus canopy chairs (item # 10423) on sale today for $34.99.

michaeldterry
06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Jeff,

Sears and KMart have the Kelsyus canopy chairs (item # 10423) on sale today for $34.99.

The price today on sears.com is $29.99. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00610423000P?keyword=10423