PDA

View Full Version : House Batteries - New Thread

truk4u
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
OK, just completed my battery change out with Lifeline AGM 8D's. The paperwork that came with the new batteries has some information that I thought was informative and addresses a few subjects we had on the other House Battery thread. Here goes....

1. For maximum battery life, a battery must be recharged to 100% capacity. Recharging less than 100% may result in premature battery failure.

2. For maximum battery life in deep cycle applications, do not discharge the battery bank below 50%. Continually discharging the bank 100% will shorten the battery life. State of charge (SOC) listed below:

100% SOC 12.80 volts or greater
75% SOC 12.55 volts
50% SOC 12.20 volts
25% SOC 11.75 volts
0% SOC 10.50 volts

3. Equalizing should only be done when the battery is showing symptons of capacity loss or from inadvertent deep discharges. In the event of Equalization, make sure to go through the normal charge cycle. Once the battery is fully charged, begin Equalization for 8 hours at 15.5 volts.

So my Watch Dog (if used) will eventually make toast out of my new batteries by starting at 11.15 volts.:(

Makes ya think don't it boy's......

phorner
05-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Sure does make ya think......

Great info to have and straight from the horses mouth!

Thanks for posting !

Jon Wehrenberg
05-30-2009, 01:34 PM
See the other thread for how to fool the Watchdog. What I cannot address is how to make the Watchdog more reliable. I do not trust mine, never have because it was intermittent and because I did not like how low it let the batteries get before attempting a start.

jack14r
05-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I hope to get an answer on how to reprogram the watchdog to auto start at 12.2 volts,In the future I would also like to replace the gels with lifelines,but not with the current watchdog program.