PDA

View Full Version : Mini Get Together Walland, TN

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
:DA few of us are going to Steve Kaufman Music Camp starting June 14th-June28, 2009. The camp will be at the College in Marysville, TN. Some of us are staying at Misty River Cabins & RV Park in Walland, TN. It is a nice park. DANNS & Jo, Sandy & ED(Capt Mogul), and Deb & Jay(Eric will be on his butt riding in Canada) will all be attending the music camp. We would love to have some POGers join us some at the park. There are also concerts every night at the college. Anyone interested in joining us for just plain fun and a place just to get out and go to--Look us up at Misty River Cabins & Rv Park in Walland, TN. Their web site is MistyRiverRV.com Tel#is: 856-981-4300.
I know that Micki & Roger plan to come over for dinner one night with us.
It would be great to have other POGers there if possible.
Sandy

Jon Wehrenberg
05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
We're in. When we get back home we will get the details.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-01-2009, 09:36 PM
We look forward to seeing you and Di, John. Hopefully others will come. A small get together is always GREAT!!
Sandy and Ed

hobobimmer
06-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Jay and I are staying in the dorm at the college.:D We will be there June 21-28, but if you are getting together any the first week of camp for dinner(June 14-21) let us know and we will drive over to join you, since we are only 1hr15 min from there. The concerts at the camp each evening (not on Sunday eves) have been amazing. This will be our 3rd year at camp. Speaking from experience, bring a soft pillow or cushion for the seats. They are not so comfortable. But, the music you will hear makes it all worth while. Can't wait to see some POGGERS at camp!

BTW, there is an amazing little restaurant called "Foothills Milling Company" very close to the college. It requires reservations, but you can go in POG attire and not get thrown out. It is my favorite restaurant on the planet. If you call, you will probably talk to Tommy (or Whitney or Bart), the owners. Tell them you know Eric and Debbie Faires if you are going to be nice. We lived across the street from Whitney's Grandmother in Memphis. Her Grandmother made whole plates of cookies for Jay for halloween and her Mom made gingerbread houses with Jay for fun. We have had only great meals at their restaurant. Save room for dessert.

Deb

Jon Wehrenberg
06-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Let us know when any or all are getting together. We likely will not be camping in the bus, but we can easily get to the campground or a restaurant or the concerts.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Deb---since there are NO concerts on Sunday evenings, do you think that June 21 (Sunday) would be a good evening to get together and go to the restaurant you recommended? I know that it would be Fathers' Day, but what a way to treat the fathers. I know that Roger and Micki mentioned that they would like to come over and join all of us one night for dinner, but don't know if they would come being that it is Fathers' Day. I don't truly know the schedule of events with our music camp/concerts as of yet. Another ?, is the restaurant open on Sunday Night? How does this sound to you POGers that are planning on stopping by?
Sandy

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Anyone else interested in joining us at the camp site of Misty River RV resort for some "eating/sitting/eatin/sitting" as someone stated before. I'm sure we could all enjoy some concerts at the college and some concerts from the POG Band.
Sandy

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Just a last and final pull to try and ask other POGers to join us at MistyRiver RV park in Walland, TN. I understand it is a nice park. The times will be June 14- June 28th. The POG Band should all be professionals:D after our 2 weeks at Music Camp.;)
Sandy

sawdust_128
06-09-2009, 01:53 AM
We are winging things with the 45-foot happy barge.

We are trying to get out to Roan Mountain area in the next few days. We will also be travelling to the Kilmer Memeorial Forest ( http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_national_forest/nc/hik_kilm.htm ) in Western NC. We are talking about visiting the caverns near Townsend TN, which is near the resort y'all are using.

I don't know exactly how our schedule will work, but we should have a chance to join you. I'm sure that the assembled Tennessee, Stainless Steel, Oyster Barge Convoy will offer some opportunity for excessive eating.

We will, at some point, be heading towards the Shenendoha, skyline drive and the caverns.

Is anyone considering the Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort Grand Opening Rally, June 26,27,28?
<SUP></SUP>
http://www.deercreekmotorcoachresort.com/invitation.asp

We are going to make the Rhododendron Festival. This the festival that celebrates the "Purple Mountain's Majesty". Here are the details in case it fits the downtime at the music school. --- :

http://www.tricities.com/tri/entertainment/music/article/roan_mountain_rhododendron_festival_blooms_june_21 _22/10761/#fragment-2

June 1947 saw the first of the Rhododendron Festivals, conceived and carried out by the Roan Mountain Citizens Club as a two-day celebration to memorialize and perpetuate the most gorgeous display of natural beauty on the North American continent.
Amphitheater Events for Rhododendron Festival, June 21-22, 2008

WARNING: I am hearing that the festival may actually precede the bloom this year. All one can do is try.

P.S. anyone who might want to go along on any of this is welcome, just understand that we are making it up as we go.

Ed & Cindy

hobobimmer
06-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Camp bound POGGERS:

The restaurant I told you about earlier is not open on Sundays. There is a great Mexican restaurant very near the college as well. Sunday the 21st would be a great day to meet. We have registration between 1 and 5, and orientation at 8, so there is plenty of time. Post response if you want to join for either or both evenings. We'll need to make reservations asap for Foothills, as it is small and sometimes you can't get in.

Also, FYI, camp concerts are amazing. Here is link to who is playing when. Concerts, Mon-Sat evenings at 7:30. The link shows concerts at 7:00, but that is open mic. Real concert is at 7:30. If you like jazz in your bluegrass, the 27th will be hard to beat.
http://www.acoustic-kamp.com/html/Concert%20Line%20up%202009.htm

Sunday, June 21 5:00
Los Amigos
409 N Cusick St
Maryville, TN 37804
very casual yummy Mexican

and/or

Saturday, June 27 5:00
Foothills Milling Company
315 Washington Street South
Maryville, Tennessee 37804
spectacular cuisine
http://foothillsmillingcompany.com

Jay and I are game for both dinners.
And we will be at each concert.
Call us if you are planninig to be there so we can find you.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Di and I are in. We will be at both dinners and will talk with all attending regarding the concerts.

hobobimmer
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I misspoke this morning. The 26th is the concert night that will have a jazzy influence, not the 27th. We can talk more about it at dinner. In any event, don't forget to bring a comfy pillow for your rear end at the concerts!

Also, I will keep track of names and make the reservations. I have Jon/Di, Deb/Jay for both the 21st and 27th. I assume Dan/Jo and Sandy/Ed want to do both, too, but I'll wait to see your post before I count you in for sure. (There will be plenty of meals to eat in the cafeteria, so you won't miss out on much except the free ice cream!) Sawdust, let us know if you are in the area either of these nights. What about it Micki and Roger? Anyone else nearby considering it?

Deb

sawdust_128
06-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you for the update. We have been delayed getting out of Raleigh but expect to get on with it sometime in the next 72 hours.

Will keep that info in mind as we head toward the west and the uplands.

rfoster
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Deb/ Jay: Sorry to have missed seeing Eric. I was informed that he stopped by to see us and we were eating and beaching and eating some more in Mytle Beach.

We wish him safe travels - that is a long "a" Trip.!!!

Micki and I will plan to attend the eat and visit Jun 27. Let us know where to meet at the campground or the resturant? We will be traveling Non Bus mode.

I was pleased to learn that A1 is picking up the tab cause after feeding and entertaining this crew this week,-- I am broke.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Did someone else get the nickname "A-1"? Who is that person picking up the tab?

hobobimmer
06-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Roger and Micki:
Glad you are having fun at the beach. Eric told me he was planning to stop by, then I forgot to ask he he had seen you. Now I know.

We'll let you know what best meeting spot is when we get closer to time. It depends on how involved the campers are in Saturday's activities.

See you on the 27th!

Deb