PDA

View Full Version : Flasher

Darrell and Linda
05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I know there are no stupid questions .... but my flasher (leave it alone), clicks in rhythm, tick..tock..tick..tock... even when the ignition is off. The flasher works fine when activated. Is this common. This is all new to me. I have never had a flasher do this,(my experience is with standard automotive types). Is this a grounding issue?

I haven't pulled the flasher, but I can't think of what else it could be. Obviously, when I turn off the 12volt system the ticking stops.

Will Garner
05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Darrell,

Had a similar tick tock in the dash area. Turned out I had left the intermittant windshield wiper switch in the on position. Turned it off and away went the tick tock. Thank you Jon for the pointer.

My coach is a 1990/1991 CC #60121.

Darrell and Linda
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Will, Thanks, that's exactly what it was, the intermittent wiper switch. I guess there is such things as a challenging (stupid) question...eh.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Darrell and all other air wiper owners......

I thought the air wiper controls on the first bus I had were cumbersome. If it was a light mist it was a pain turning on three knobs just to have the wipers take a couple of swipes at the windshield.

So I installed a solenoid valve with a switch to control air to the wipers (the switch was identical to all the other switches) so when I wanted to turn on the wipers I just hit the switch. I could leave the knobs all in their on position. The only problems was I had to remember to turn the intermittent knob off otherwise I would hear it when I was trying to sleep and would have to get up to turn it off.

Darrell and Linda
05-20-2009, 02:48 PM
I new it was something electrical but since the wipers were pneumatic, I never thought the intermittent switch was the culprit.

Constantly learning.......thats great!.