PDA

View Full Version : UPS Delivery!

dreamchasers
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Today, our UPS driver arrived and delivered the box below. Of course, the UPS driver had his select comments. My neighbor saw the box and came over with an 'iced mug' ready to enjoy a freshly delivered brew.

Box that arrived.

After opening, I discovered it was a delivery from Orren Zook of filters I had ordered. I was happy to receive the filters, but my neighbor with the 'iced mug' was disappointed. I still chuckle with I think about it.

I contacted Orren earlier concerning Baldwin filters. He informed me he was a distributer for Baldwin and that Prevost Owners Group members were entitled to fleet pricing on Baldwin filters. I bought a box full, with more coming, from him. I do appreciate him extending this attractive pricing to POG members. I have ordered parts from him before with good results and delivery.

Thanks Orren.

Hector

dalej
05-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Good one Hec.....Good one!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Orren, could have at least left 2 brews in the box for your consumption after you install all those filters :D

Gary S.

Will Garner
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Hector,

Carole and I married in Boston September 1968. A college friend of mine lumberjacked in Canada that summer and discovered Molson Blue label beer. He could not get it in Virginia so I boxed up a case, covered the outside with Nixon posters and other protest type materials. I knew USPS would not take it. There was only REA (Railway Express Agency) and they would not take it. So down I go to Greyhound. The dog took it. I told them it was some heavy "China" as a wedding present. No he was not getting married but that was noit the point. Well the case made it - but not totally intact. The Greyhound agent suggested to my friend that some of his "China" had leaked and that certainly under the circumstances he did not expect a claim for damages to be filled by the friend. Of course not, 22 of 24 made it just fine.

Now those were the good old days.