PDA

View Full Version : XL Windsheilds AGAIN!

lonesome george
05-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm going to place an order for XL Windshields early next week, if we can add 6 more to the order the price will be $79.00 each. Delivery from Prevost will be here in Danville IN. If someone wants to add to this order post here or call my office at 317-539-5472.

hillndale
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
i see and hear alot of people talking about ordering new windshields on the various forums. What happens to them that requires people ordering new ones? Do they break easily?

jack14r
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
When a rock hits a bus windshield it is not a glancing blow but a head on collision,also we have many square feet of glass on the front for the rock to attack.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
George, I don't know if I am on your list, but I want to order two windshield glass for an XL/XLV.

JIM

hobobimmer
05-18-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm going to place an order for XL Windshields early next week, if we can add 6 more to the order the price will be $79.00 each. Delivery from Prevost will be here in Danville IN. If someone wants to add to this order post here or call my office at 317-539-5472.

Eric/Debbie Faires would like two (2), please, if any still available from your shipment of 10. Please send Private Message with address, total amount, and we will send check. Don't know when can get to Danville to pick them up. Is storage a problem until we can?

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

lonesome george
05-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Jim and Eric, If we can get two more on the order it's a done deal at the $79.00 price.
Thanks for coming on. Storage is not a problem.

dalej
05-19-2009, 06:22 AM
I'll take two, if I can pick them up in OKC. Just keep me posted on how it comes out.

I was thinking that by the end of May, I would see if we can get a box of 10 ordered. I could bring them to OKC and everyone could pick them up there.

lonesome george
05-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Dale,
At this time we are not planning to attend the OKC event. We are planning a trip to the Northwest and on to Alaska this July and August that will bring us thru Nebraska on I-80 if we can make that work. Or someone that is going OKC could pick them up here and bring them to the rally.
Let me know if you want me to add yours to this order, with your two that makes the 10 we need.

dalej
05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
They are an awkward item to haul around. I brought a box to Kerrville, TX. a few years back, but I have a big trailer to haul them in.

Lets see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-19-2009, 10:20 AM
On the first go around on this I think I remember that Jon and Orren each wanted one.

If they still do it sounds like a done deal.

I would also prefer to pick up at OKC, if that gives anyone any ideas on the logistics of where and how to get them.

I would haul them all, but do not yet have a toad setup, and the bays are packed with too much bling for the crate.

Did Pervost say in that first go around that they would ship to two locations under the same price deal??

JIM

lonesome george
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Jim,
I checked with Prevost parts just now and the $79.00 price is for all 10 to go to one location. Two locations works out the same as a 5 piece order at $99.00 each. The sale is off the end of May.

Orren Zook
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Jim, the windshield manufacturer that Prevost uses is in Ohio. I'm guessing that you could calculate your freight/destination charges from the Toledo area to the final destination and add that into the cost of each item.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Orren, I understand it to be free freight to one delivery destination, for a minimum order of ten pieces of glass.

This is Georges order and we need two more to make it complete.

I was just wondering if you were still interested as you had early on expressed a desire.

Maybe you are already on the list, don't know who exactly is on it.

JIM

lonesome george
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Guys,
Here is how it stands now.
On order
George 4
Jim 2
Eric 2

On fence
Dale 2

lewpopp
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Jim,

Be very careful the way you spell Prevost ( you did a Pervost ). It's very close to the kind of person who previously owned your coach. A Pervert in case the newbies don't know.

rfoster
05-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Lew: Be careful, I am married to a redneck girl.

lonesome george
05-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Lew,
If you want to get on someone about spelling you need to stick to me, I have spelt my own name wrong on a business proposal before. The customer corrected it and sent it back, got the job anyway!

Jeff Bayley
05-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Jim,
I checked with Prevost parts just now and the $79.00 price is for all 10 to go to one location. Two locations works out the same as a 5 piece order at $99.00 each. The sale is off the end of May.

I will take 2 of them. I'd pay the extra dough to pick them up in Jacksonville but if it cobbles and complicates things then just put me down for 2 to OK.

Regarding Jim's comment on taking them home, with all the know how in the group, how much trouble is it to go ahead and get the gaskets and sealant and get them all installed at the Rally ? What does Prevost charge in labor to put each one in ?

lonesome george
05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Jeff,
Dale sent me a PM last night to confirm his order of two windshields, so we have the 10 for this order. You could start a new thread and get another order going this thing still has some gas in it.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Jeff, as far as I know no one that has ordered a windshield has an immediate need for them. They are just spares for the inevitable :eek:

I am sure though that there will be several that will be more than willing to talk about the process with hand gestures and all. ;):D

JIM

Petervs
06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I ran across this picture I wanted
to share.

This is why I carry a spare windshield against the back wall of my bedroom
closet, it only takes up 1/4 inch back there, but if you run into a little
1 pound bird one day and get this result, getting your hands on one will be
the biggest problem, any glass place can install it if you don't want to do
it yourself.

After this happened we drove 20 miles more to our son's university, then drove the toad 400 miles each way to get a new windshield, then the local glass shop installed it. Now you know the rest of the story.

By the way, us Northwesterners got our box of 10 and divvied them up so we
are all prepared like a good boy scout should be.

GDeen
06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I ran across this picture I wanted
to share.

This is why I carry a spare windshield against the back wall of my bedroom
closet, it only takes up 1/4 inch back there, but if you run into a little
1 pound bird one day and get this result, getting your hands on one will be
the biggest problem, any glass place can install it if you don't want to do
it yourself.

After this happened we drove 20 miles more to our son's university, then drove the toad 400 miles each way to get a new windshield, then the local glass shop installed it. Now you know the rest of the story.

By the way, us Northwesterners got our box of 10 and divvied them up so we
are all prepared like a good boy scout should be.

Wow - need a diaper change after that deal???:eek:

Jeff Bayley
06-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I did not realize this thread was started last month and it may be too late to get in on the windshields. I don't know whatever happened with the other windshields program that I lost track of but I think it in the windshields.

I would take two is the pattern is not full and the orders are replaced and it's all over. If not.......... two for me please. I'm hoping to go to the Oshkosh Airshow which is July 26 start date I think. I could pick mine up then coming up from Florida or if not I could get them in Oklahoma.

Are there not six or eight of us in Florida that needs to windshields to get them delivered to Jacksonville?

My windshields are very bad. Just one small rock hit and on the other windshields (this is where) there's some black residue of some sort that I could not get off. Not very visible, not very annoying, but I was cleaning the bus and said "what the heck is this for me get off". Nothing was working. Finally I took a Scotch Brite had been rubbed the hell out of it. I wound up putting permanent little scratches on the windshield. Odd.

Petervs
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Prevost still sells windshields, but their special deal was until the end of May.

if you whine a little, they might still honor the old price though.