PDA

View Full Version : My Building Finally Arrived!

dreamchasers
05-13-2009, 09:25 PM
At last, my long awaited building roof structure arrived.

I ordered the roof structure from a metal building manufacture in Houston, Texas named 'Whirlwind Metal Buildings'. They delivered the structure to my house by truck.

The erector crew sorted out all the parts for assembly. The metal building system parts are all numbered and assembled by drawings. All you need is labor.

Erector crews bolting structure parts. I used TDH Construction from Porter, Texas. They are a top notch company.

My coach spent its first night in the roof structure, no roof metal yet.

The second day, the roof structure was completed. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture yet. I'll work on it.

Thats 'Lucky', our dog, in the forefront of the picture.

Hector

phorner
05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Looks great! Even looks like the weather cooperated for ya...:)

lewpopp
05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
You should have had a POG mini rally to erect the barn. They all know how to operate cresent wrenches.

Denny
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Looks good Hector. A house for the baby is always great!

dalej
05-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Hector,

I'll bet your having fun now! It looks great, I'm happy for you.

GDeen
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Wow, that is going to be a great setup! Very nice.

Joe Cannarozzi
05-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Another in a group that gets larger by the year.

Looks like it is well done and nice dog:)

We almost have enough awesome garages in the group for a calendar:o

Can you pull that one off Dalej?

dreamchasers
05-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Another in a group that gets larger by the year.

Looks like it is well done and nice dog:)

We almost have enough awesome garages in the group for a calendar:o

Can you pull that one off Dalej?

Joe, You are hilarious. A calender of Prevost garages. Now that is a calender I could proudly hang in my garage.

Hector
</IMG></IMG>

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Boy oh boy Hector, that sure will be a nice garage.
I didn't know you were waiting for it. I thought you had already finished it and were using for all that work you are doing on your bus.
Keep the pictures coming.

JIM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Hector, it looks like I couldn't have picked a better week, not to show up on your door step for help with my bus. Very nice looking barn and property.

Thanks for offering me the help just the same, and I will take you up on the help in the future.:)

Have you heard anything more about a happening at the end of this month? Peg and I are in, if it happens. I am sure I will need your assistance with something by then? :D

Gary S.

tdelorme
05-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Looks great, Hector. If I ever get the bus out of the body shop we'll run down there and take a look.
What's that on the front of your coach?? Oh, never mind, I remember. Lets not get that started again.:D

rickdesilva
05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
We need to start a thread "Show us your garage"

dreamchasers
05-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Looks great, Hector. If I ever get the bus out of the body shop we'll run down there and take a look.
What's that on the front of your coach?? Oh, never mind, I remember. Lets not get that started again.:D

Ted,

Your coach is in the body shop? I am sure that will be in my future.

Where and what for?

Hector

Jon Wehrenberg
05-14-2009, 07:41 AM
He's probably getting the dings and paint chips from his braless and shieldless Liberty taken care of.

hobobimmer
05-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Hector:

Wow. That looks great. It looks like it will last forever. I can't wait to see it in final form.

I love the calendar idea or thread suggestion. We could sell the calendar to raise money for Pilots N Paws, or some other worthy cause. OKC in October would be a great time to sell.

Cute doggie!

Deb (Eric is out having too much fun riding his motorcycle to be available to comment, but he will be happy to catch this thread when he returns) :)

tdelorme
05-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Ted,

Your coach is in the body shop? I am sure that will be in my future.

Where and what for?

Hector

I'll confess at a later date. Just be aware that when it comes to stainless panel replacement big bucks come into play. My insurance coverage is with Explorer and it looks like they are going to step up, shell out and do the right thing. I'll know for sure this afternoon and will post the gory details tonight.

MangoMike
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Besides the lake, here is another reason to visit Hector.

mm

Jim Skiff
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Good idea! and good title Rick!
Here's a place where you can submit the images of your garage, bus barn,hanger etc. We'll add a link to the forum for easier access.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=photoalbum.publicPost&photoalbumid=1721

:D

tdelorme
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Skiffer, I don't think that deal is working right. I tried to post a picture of my bus barn with no luck. I told you I was having some body work done didn't I?

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/PhotoAlbum/LargePhotos/L_OldBarnDeerValley1.jpg

Jim Skiff
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Ted,

It looks good to me:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=photoalbum.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1721

:eek:

Pete
05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Hector,
Looks like a great building! I know you are anxious to get it finished. Post more pics soon.

JIM KELLER
05-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Mel, Nice Bus Barn you have there but it could use a coat of paint soon.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Mel, Nice Bus Barn you have there but it could use a coat of paint soon.

Well Jim K. I disagree with it needing paint. The primer color Hector has chosen to use on his new steel, goes extremely well with the exterior color scheme on his bus. :) You GO Hector !

However, I don't see it as being big enough for two? :confused: How are you going to work on my bus if it can't fit inside along yours? :eek:

Gary S.

dale farley
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Looks great Hector. All those skylights really brighten things up!

dreamchasers
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Well Jim K. I disagree with it needing paint. The primer color Hector has chosen to use on his new steel, goes extremely well with the exterior color scheme on his bus. :) You GO Hector !

However, I don't see it as being big enough for two? :confused: How are you going to work on my bus if it can't fit inside along yours? :eek:

Gary S.

Gary,

Not to worry, always room for your coach. I will move the Country Coach with the enhanced custom designed Lexan rock shield over to one side. Even though you do not have a rock shield, having your coach in my garage would be a significant upgrade.

Hector

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
JIM & BARB'S bus garage.

dalej
05-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Jim,

It looks very nice!

Question... How do you get the bus out? Looks like maybe you can drive it out the side door, but looks tight.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Dale, I back out into the teardrop drive and pull out.
The building is 38'x80' and the side door is only 12' high and one couldn't make the inside turn anyway. There is the remote possibility that I will put a door in the front one day to be able to pull out. I don't think so any time soon. I want things kept private from the street view, with activity towards the rear.

This was an existing building that I modified by adding the sliding door in the rear. I have added six 12'x12' rooms inside for stuff.
I have done all work by myself with the exception of the drive. Things are kind of hectic around here now, but I will post a pictorial story of my process as I get time.

JIM

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM
This shows the drive from a slightly different angle.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Very nice bus barn Jim. Is that an additional bus storage area behind the left hand door?

Are you planning on joining the TBC soon? :)

Gary S.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Gary, that which you are calling the second door is in fact the one door in the bldg. end, slid open.

NO TWO BUS CLUB FOR ME :p

:D JIM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
My Bad Jim C. about the door. Didn't mean to scare you ! :eek:

Gary S.

Jim Skiff
05-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Show Us Your Garage is now in the Quick Links Dropdown menu all the way down.

Images posted there of your bus garage,barn,pit,etc.will remain as a photo gallery with captions.

Jim

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-15-2009, 10:50 AM
We had a Nano POG Rally at the beautiful DuPlichen resort in Livingston, TX. Great food, drinks and conversation were enjoyed by all. :)

Hector and Lee did an outstanding job of hosting the event.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/NanoPOGRally?authkey=Gv1sRgCKrw8-KTnODb_QE#

With the exception of my poor backing up talents on to a two lane highway, out of Hectors driveway no fatalities or damage occured during the event. When we left Sunday morning, I drug the Aqua Hot tail pipe extension off my bus, due ONLY to my stupidity and less than proffessional driving skills. Oh well, it looked kind of rusty anyway, so I probably needed a new exhaust pipe anyway? I do now for sure !!! :confused: :eek:

Gary S.

dalej
06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks so much Gary for posting the photos, always great to see photos of poggers getting together.

michaeldterry
06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Beautiful property, beautiful, buses, and beautiful bus barn! Thanks for sharing the good times via your pictures! :D

truk4u
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Beautiful place Hector and the buses aren't bad either!:cool:

hhoppe
06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Hector: Great looking building. I was trying to make out a pit in the shadows, did you include one. Your the envy of a large bunch of us.

sawdust_128
06-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Very Nice!! Congratulations and enjoy.

dreamchasers
06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Hector: Great looking building. I was trying to make out a pit in the shadows, did you include one. Your the envy of a large bunch of us.

No Pit in the bus barn. I thought about it a long time and decided not to include one.

My reasoning; with a pit, I am committed to parking the bus over it and lose the flexibility of moving the bus to one side to open an area for my woodworking projects.

Hector

dalej
06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Knowing you Hector.... your going with some of those Prevost service shop jacks instead of the pit.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Some other garages in this thread.

JIM

lbriant
11-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I thought you would pour a slab next to it and share a Water sewer /dump and a 50 amp service for your friends .)
Looks nice how thick did your pour your concrete ? and how many yards 10 ?