PDA

View Full Version : General Question

Kenneth Brewer
05-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm curious about whether anyone has electrical, water, and sewer connections on both sides of the coach. Is/was this standard? If so, does anyone routinely use both? Thanks.

phorner
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Ken,

Our Liberty has electric, water and sewer connections on both sides of the coach. There is a selector switch on the dash to toggle which dump valve to open with the dump switch.

I have never used the passenger side connections, as I have never had to. Also, I'm not certain that the fresh water auto-fill will work from the passenger side.

I have used the macerator outlet and it worked fine.

jack14r
05-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Everything on a Liberty will work from both sides.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Everybody else just wishes they had hookups on both sides.

About once a decade you get into a wierd situation where it would really be nice. Its a nice feature, I can hook up on both sides if you count the macerator as a dump. I doubt if I would order a coach with the feature.

Kenneth Brewer
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Everybody else just wishes they had hookups on both sides.

I can hook up on both sides if you count the macerator as a dump.

Thanks for the responses. Since I had seen where a Prevost had to turn around to hook up (can't remember the converter), I have been wondering how common my set-up is or isn't. On our coach, we have dumps on both sides, PLUS the macerator. I am in the process now of replacing a 3" short turn 90 degree elbow on the right side that cracked. We have macerator outlets on both sides as well.

aggies09
05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
use the dump function on both sides all the time. I am very thankful to have access from both sides. Very convenient. Especially in the bus barn.

garyde
05-06-2009, 12:31 AM
The dump outlet on both sides has saved me in several situations. I have not used the water hook up on the starboard, nor the macerator as it shorts the fuse.

rfoster
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Having owned a Liberty and switching to a CC (that I like) I must confess that is one of the features I miss most is having dumps on both sides. I had my dump set up on the Liberty at home to work on the passenger side while the CC dumps from the drivers side.

Having to pay the Son N Law for new plumbing at the house to accomodate. Takes 3 to 4 months leadtime. Probably take another 3 months to complete.

I have been using Macerator to pump tank contents to other side thru a garden hose, but what I think most folks don't realize is that when using a Macerator it is necessary to run quite a bit of clean water into the tank so as to clean out the hose prior to disconnecting. Yes I have two tanks and the gray water empties last, but on Libertys with one tank the black water just keeps on coming.

For some reason I feel that this should be under a topic heading of "JDUB".

Pete
05-06-2009, 10:17 AM
My coach has dumps on both sides as well as a macerator on the curb side.
Although I do not have electric and water connections on the curb side, I have auto reels on the street side with rather long hose and cord that I can connect for curb side hook-ups.
Curb side connections come in real handy when you want to have a set up with another coach whereby the patio awnings face each other.
My last coach, a 1985 American also had dumps on both sides, so it must be fairly common to have this feature. (not just Liberty coaches have this feature)