PDA

View Full Version : 20" Sony TV Wanted

jimshoen
05-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Looking for a Sony Trintron 20" TV model KV-20S30. These were manufactured in the 1997 time period. Many were installed in Marathon Coaches of that vintage. Any help appreciated.

adamdegraff
05-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Jim,
which TV went bad? I often wondered what would happen in this case. Does Marathon have any?

I did see a coach at Marathon of our vintage with a flat screen retrofit. It was a very sharp job. (I only saw it on the front TV.) They basically rerouted the cruisair intake and vent to a place that they actually feel created an improvement in performance. They cut a bigger hole, and have done enough of these now that they have it looking really slick. I think the price was $4,000 including the TV. The mounting materials were really, really nice. Now, perhaps they would consider selling the materials as a kit. In that case, you and I should get together, and do both of our busses at once. We can do your's first, learn from our mistakes, then do mine :-). I'll bring my fine tooth, Japanese pull saw.

Of course, if you find a bunch of 20 inch Sony TV's, let me know.

Best,

Adam

jimshoen
05-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Adam,
I am looking to replace the TV in the outside entertainment center. The Sony originally installed is a good unit and I am also looking around Ebay/craigslist for the same. The same unit is in the Salon and Bedroom and they both work well. I would keep the setup original unless forced to convert.
Jim

Jerry Winchester
05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Jim,

I have been trying to change my outside TV, 20" Sony, for a larger flat screen with the proper mechanism so I can gain some storage. If I can get that done before you throw in the towel, you can have the one I take out.

But I'll warn you this won't happen until late summer at best.

BUSTER
05-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I just had 2 taken out at Beaumont Marathon. Please call Roger there and tell him I told you to call. They were sitting on a workbench last time I saw them...be my guest...the remotes were with them..

GDeen
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
I just had 2 taken out at Beaumont Marathon. Please call Roger there and tell him I told you to call. They were sitting on a workbench last time I saw them...be my guest...the remotes were with them..

Mike, would you post a picture of your new flat screen setup in the bay storage? Saw a partial pic on one of the threads, but would like to see how you have it situated. Thanks.

garyde
05-03-2009, 11:39 PM
I got rid of my Entertainment TV last year and put in a lighter LCD screen. It works great and takes up much less space.

BUSTER
05-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Gordon,

I will post it when I get to the coach again. I am not planning on getting it for a few weeks. Will do

Ray Davis
05-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Gordon,

Here's a shot from the back of Mike's outdoor install. They mounted a steel brace to his joey bed, then they just pull out the joey bed, and swing the TV around to the right directory.

Not a great shot, but I think you'll get the idea.

ray

Joe Cannarozzi
05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
That is a great simple solution.