PDA

View Full Version : Fat Beagle Bash 09

Loc
05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Its time for another Fat Beagle micro rally at Labor Day. This will be the Third Annual Fat Beagle and it will be again at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville. The dates are Friday September 4 to Monday September 7, 2009. Hopefully no hurricanes this year. Last year we had 10 couples/families that attended and would love to increase the number this year. This is a casual get together with a lot of bus talk, happy hours and good food. So far we have a handful of couples/families that have indicated that they will join us for the can't miss event of the fall. I will post some particulars later on after we get a better count of who is interested. If you are interested let me know by responding on the POG site so that I can get a head count. Additionally give the folks at Buckhorn a call at 800.568.6458 and make a reservation. We tend to gather in the spots behind the barn and for those more exclusive types in the adult section. As of today they have a number of available spots but those will go quickly once word of the Beagle gets out.

Kenneth Brewer
05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Count us in. Again.
Thanks.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I made tentative reservations for two sites ( 6097 & 6098 ) for us at the back side of the barn overlooking the crick. :)

I say tentative cause the boss hasn't told me if I can go yet, or if that is where she even wants to go? :o

Besides Loc, you still owe me a set of Fat Beagle Drink Cups from last year, that you promised me, and never gave me. :p :D

Gary S.

Pete
05-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I did a quick survey....in addition to E.J. & Pete Petree
Travis & Diane Abel
Bruce & Pam Ray
John & Beth Steelman
We have already made reservations, and are all looking forward to the trip.

aggies09
05-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Tony, Jenny, and Weston are in. Left message for reservations. Should confirm tomorrow. Weston can't wait to see Miller and Murphy...........Honk Honk........

Loc
05-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Murphy can't wait to wake up Weston and see Jenny.

Jerry Winchester
05-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Loc,

Who's bus are you going to borrow for this shindig?

tdelorme
05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Loc, we're coming just so I can retrieve the trash can you stole from me last year. You do want me to bring the grill, right. It's still working but one of our daughters gave me a new one for Christmas. I started to return it but Jan said I was being an old fart (there's some news) so I've got two grills now. I'm not going to use the new one. One grill should last a man for his lifetime.

Loc
05-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Ted,

I was hoping that the Eggflipper would make an appearance. We can make a little money by selling tickets to see your prehistoric grill. I have been babysitting your trash can since last year. The babysitting charge shouldn't be more than a tank of fuel.

JDUB,

BITE ME!

Jon Wehrenberg
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Silly me.........

Here I thought the rally was named after JDUB. And now you say he isn't even coming?

Jerry Winchester
05-02-2009, 09:00 PM
A-1

Bite Me

Loc
05-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I would be great to see some of the other Texas based POGers make it like - Hector and Lee, Brent and Kari, Gordon and Jennifer, and Alan and MK. Tuga and Karen if the Tigers aren't playing that weekend we would love to see you in Kville as well. We also hope that Eric, Deb and Jay will join us again this year.

GDeen
05-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I would be great to see some of the other Texas based POGers make it like - Hector and Lee, Brent and Kari, Gordon and Jennifer, and Alan and MK. Tuga and Karen if the Tigers aren't playing that weekend we would love to see you in Kville as well. We also hope that Eric, Debi and Jay will join us again this year.

Loc,

Appreciate the invite - tough weekend as the Sooners play BYU on the 5th at the new JerryWorld in Dallas, so we will be up there for that. Alternative is to run down to Kerrville on Sunday possibly after the game depending on how long folks plan on being there.

Either way, we are definitely trying to get up to OKC in Oct if Jim can squeeze us in.

Alan__
05-03-2009, 12:00 AM
We would be up for it but have plans for South Dakota the same weekend. Kerrville is a great stop. How about 2010?

Loc
05-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Gordon,

I understand about the football weekends. That is why JDUB never comes or at least why he says he can't come.

Alan,

We plan on doing this every year for the forseeable future so 2010 is highly likely.

Jerry Winchester
05-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Fat Beagle Boy,

Just because the Collie Humpers aren't going to field a team this year doesn't mean the rest of us have to give up on football season. But when you are the Taco Cabana of the Big XII...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEAo-nzBgY

Loc
05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I just noticed Mark Walker in Cosby (northeast of Houston) on the POG site. Mark, come join us in Kerrville at Labor Day if you get a chance.

ajducote
05-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Loc,

With a great deal of wishful thinking and hope that work cooperates, I have made reservations at Buckhorn Lake to attend your rally. we will arrive 23 Aug and depart 19 Sep. If I remember what the lady said, we are in site 6081. She said Verizon coverage is better in that area, so that is where we are. We will leave Buckhorn and go straight to OKC for the big POG rally. We are really looking forward to this trip.

Loc
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I talked with Buckhorn today. They showed reservations for 10 sites. Ken and Mel Torme, they did not show reservations under your names (you probably are using an alias to avoid being associated with the group). You may want to check with them. Ted we want to see that new paint job and your wayward trash can is looking for its old owner. Here is the preliminary plan:

Friday: arrive - we will be in space 6095 and should arrive by 5 pm. Feel free to stop by when you get in. There will likely be a group sitting around discussing all the important world events and bus stuff.
Friday night: A group of us will head into Kerrville around 6 - 6:30 pm for a casual dinner at one of Kerrville's fine dining establishments. As an alternative, there is a pizza dinner at Buckhorn.

Saturday morning: Breakfast at the Barn 8am to 9:30am
Saturday - Buckhorn Bus to Bandera (if you want to visit Bandera) - leaves Buckhorn at 9:30 am returns to Buckhorn at 3 pm (will also go on Sunday)
Saturday afternoon around 4ish: Happy Hour - we will provide the frozen Beagleritas, chips and dips. Bring a chair and your favorite other libation.
Saturday night: Grill Out - Bring your preferred type of meat (steak, pork, chicken) and we will grill it on the Buckhorn grill located next to the Barn. I need some volunteers to bring some salads, side dishes and desserts.

Sunday morning 8 - 9 am - Breakfast - by the Fat Beagle Cooking Team
Sunday - a chance to see some of the sights around Kerrville
Sunday afternoon around 4ish- Happy Hour II - Beagleritas part two
Sunday night - 5 to 6 pm - Buckhorn BBQ at the Barn
Sunday night - 7 pm - Ice Cream Social at the Barn
Sunday night - dusk - fireworks weather permitting

All of the meals at the Barn with the exception of Saturday night are provided by Buckhorn. You will need to tell them when you check in if you plan to join them and pay at that time. I think breakfast is a pay at the door affair.

If you are willing to bring a dessert or side dish for Saturday dinner please let me know.

merle&louise
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I would be great to see some of the other Texas based POGers make it like - Hector and Lee, Brent and Kari, Gordon and Jennifer, and Alan and MK. Tuga and Karen if the Tigers aren't playing that weekend we would love to see you in Kville as well. We also hope that Eric, Deb and Jay will join us again this year.

Karen and I will be there Friday - Monday.:D

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Loc, count us in to bring what you need? Just let us know what you want?

Do you want us to bring some type of salad or beans, or just chips.... Let me know please.

Gary S.

Loc
08-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Tuga,

I sent you an email before seeing your reply. I assume this means that the coach did not go away. It will be great to see you and Karen. I am hoping we can talk you into some of the shrimp appetizers from our last Buckhorn outing - I am happy to supply the shrimp.

Gary,

What are your friends names so that I can get the nametags correctly done?

Loc

merle&louise
08-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Loc,

The sale on my coach fell thru due to financing. Bummer!

We will do the shrimp appetizers (I'll get the shrimp; you have your hands full). We will also bring a side dish and a dessert.

I talked to Buckhorn this morning and we are in site 6099.

Look forward to seeing everyone for the Labor Day weekend.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Welcome back. I was thinking of your guys this AM wondering how you were going to tailgate this season.

merle&louise
08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks Jon,

We were going to tailgate the old fashion way (pick-up truck and an ice chest):eek:

Looks like we may be keeping the Newell - the economy seems to be improving despite the actions of our politicians. I was really scared there for a while. I guess I over reacted, but when I see the major industries in the country going bankrupt I tend to get a little afraid. Hopefully the worst is behind us.

Karen & I look forward to seeing all of our POG buddies at Buckhorn.

Can you and Di make the trip to Buckhorn?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-07-2009, 12:12 PM
We are jammed up and cannot make a trip of that distance. I wish we could.

phorner
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Andre,

Are you going to be at Buckhorn Lake for nearly a month? Did I read that right?

If so, we may get a chance to visit, as we'll be heading that way shortly. We plan on stopping in Kerrville for a couple of days on our way to Nevada.

Our departure is planned for Monday, with plenty of stops between here and Kerrville.

hobobimmer
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Reading about all the fun makes us sorry that we can't make it again this year. It was a blast last year. Jay has an engagement labor day weekend on the mountain. He is scheduled to play a concert for about 3000 rednecks on 4wheelers. He is opening for John Anderson, if any of you remember that name from a long time ago. It should be about as much fun as the Fat Beagle Bash! Tell the fat beagle we will miss him and enjoy the beagleritas! We'll see everyone in OKC. Deb, Eric, and Jay

Loc
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Paul,

If you are coming through Houston, give me a call. I'll make JDUB or Gary S by us lunch or dinner. I have a reprise from being in NYC every week for the month of August.

Jon,

Its only a 15 hour drive. Okay maybe 18 hours at 62.

Jay,

Ask the "Old Chunk of Coal" for an autograph?

Loc

Ray Davis
08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Tuga,

good to see you back. We've missed you. Are you going to make OKC?

merle&louise
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi Ray,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words.:D

We will try to make OKC rally. I'll talk it over with Karen and we'll check to see if we have any conflicts. Jim Skiff told me that there will be 60+ coaches so it looks like everyone will be there.

Pete
08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Loc, we will bring a salad, a side, a dessert, and chips n dips.
Let us know if there is any thing else.
Pete & E.J.

Danss
08-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Way to go Jay!!!Dan & Jo

merle&louise
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey Dan,

Can you and Jo make the Fat Beagle Bash in Kerrville?

ajducote
08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Tuga & Karen,

Glad you can make it, looking forward to seeing you guys.

Paul & Janice,

Yes we will be there for a month. Have to travel on weekends that there is no scheduled work for Ann or me. Makes it tough to take long trips. Then I think we are on OKC for 3 weeks. Hope we get to see you at both places.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Gary, What are your friends names so that I can get the nametags correctly done? Loc

Tuga, I second Loc's motion for your shrimps. :)

Loc, My friends names are Kevin and Sheila Ford. They both came to the PianaFiddle Concert in Livingston, but could not bring themselves to bring their SOB coach among our buss's???? They have an 04 CC Magna, but we like them anyway. :eek:

Did I read it write that you and Courtney will be responsible for the BeagleRita's, all weekend long? Very good !!! It makes me thirsty right now.:)

Gary S.

Loc
08-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Gary,

The crowd looks to be larger this year. I am hoping that you will have the machine in reserve in case we can't handle the demand.

garyde
08-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Hi Tuga. Now's the time to trade that Newell in on a great Prevost Conversion. It's 'the best of times' for buying a Prevost. Hope to see you in Oklahoma.

merle&louise
08-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Gary,

You can count on us doing the shrimp; actually, I haven't had any since the last time we did them in Kerrville with you and Loc. We're looking forward to seeing everyone.

GaryDe,

Good to hear from you. We will do our best to make it to OKC rally. It'll be nice to see all of our POG buddies from BOTH coasts. The weather should really be nice in October. I've been to Oklahoma many times over the years but only once to OKC. But it is really about the folks that you're with, not where you are. So we are looking forward to it. Thanks for the post.

Troutline
08-09-2009, 02:49 PM
FAT BEAGLE--

We'll see you in Kerrville if not before -- Carol and Jim Trout

Loc
08-14-2009, 04:40 PM
An invitation for golfers... My neighbor Reagan (has a vintage Newell) who attended last year's rally is interested in playing golf in Kerrville on Saturday of the Fat Beagle . He asked me to post a note to see if there were others planning to attend that would fancy a round of golf. If you are interested, reply and I will put you in touch with Reagan.

merle&louise
08-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Loc,

Count Robert & me in for a round of golf on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting Reagan and seeing his vintage Newell. What year is it?

You got to love a guy named Reagan (one of my favorite presidents).

Loc
08-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Tuga,

Thanks for the response. I will let Reagan know. You Newell guys have to stick together. He has an 85 (I believe) that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Speaking of Newell guys have you heard anything from Richard E? I exchanged emails and he said that he was checking with his bride. For name tag purposes Robert's last name is McDougall? And is that the correct spelling? Additionally will Karen's friend be with you in Kerrville (I can't remember her name, but she was there last time)?

Loc

merle&louise
08-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Tuga,

Thanks for the response. I will let Reagan know. You Newell guys have to stick together. He has an 85 (I believe) that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Speaking of Newell guys have you heard anything from Richard E? I exchanged emails and he said that he was checking with his bride. For name tag purposes Robert's last name is McDougall? And is that the correct spelling? Additionally will Karen's friend be with you in Kerrville (I can't remember her name, but she was there last time)?

Loc

I spoke to Richard E last night. They have plans for Labor Day, so they won't be able to make it. Too bad because he is a great guy.

Robert's last name is McDougle. Karen's friend Debbie will not be coming this time.

Could you PM Reagan's cell or email address?

Looking forward to Labor Day weekend.

Loc
08-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Tuga,

Send Reagan an email at overcup@comcast.net to coordinate on the golf thing. I told him I was going to post his email address for anyone interested in golf. There are some nice courses in Kerrville.

Loc

merle&louise
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks Loc, I'll do it rat now!:D

Loc
08-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Based on the latest information, it looks like we will have 20 families/couples at the Fat Beagle. About half are POG families. I hope to hear from a couple of more people in the next couple of days so the number may increase.

tdelorme
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Based on the latest information, it looks like we will have 20 families/couples at the Fat Beagle. About half are POG families. I hope to hear from a couple of more people in the next couple of days so the number may increase.

So, bring both grills, right?? The egg flipping seminar will be Sat. morning, early. Like 5 AM. Or 6, or 7. Maybe later would be best. We'll want video so keep that in mind.

Loc
08-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Ted,

Remember that the egg flipping seminar will be on Sunday not Saturday. I don't want you to be out of sorts and not be able to conduct a proper seminar by having your dates crossed. We have a ban on Hurricanes this year so hopefully you can stay until Monday. Please bring the prehistoric grill. I want to see if it really works.

Loc

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Ok, so since Loc and his crew are cooking Sunday breakfast, Kevin & Sheila Ford, Peg and I will be providing and pouring Champagne Mimosas to go along with the Sunday breakfast.

You can have your Champagne with or without OJ, or you can have your OJ with or without Champagne, your choice. :)

Gary S.

Loc
08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Gary,

That may earn you Fat Beagle Hero Status, but the competition from Tuga is pretty strong.

Loc

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Well shucks, Shrimp or Champagne?;

I am ok with a tie in the Hero dept. with Tuga. ;) :)

Gary S.

Loc
08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Based on the latest information, we have 51 people for the Fat Beagle. I am still waiting to here from a couple more people including a gentleman in Houston that recently purchased a bus from Steve Bennett. The crowd so far includes 9 Prevosts (8 POGGERS), 2 Newells (Tuga), 9 motorhomes, a trailer or two and a couple of people staying in the Buckhorn cabins.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-22-2009, 11:55 AM
There will be lots of various activities available for everyone to participate in, including golf, shopping, swimming, sitting, talking, eating, talking, relaxing, talking, drinking and there is also a couple of tennis courts there. :)

Peg and I play tennis, so if there is anyone else that would like to play tennis on Saturday morning before it gets too hot, let us know, so we bring our racquets.

Gary S.

merle&louise
08-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Based on the latest information, we have 51 people for the Fat Beagle. I am still waiting to here from a couple more people including a gentleman in Houston that recently purchased a bus from Steve Bennett. The crowd so far includes 9 Prevosts (8 POGGERS), 2 Newells (Tuga), 9 motorhomes, a trailer or two and a couple of people staying in the Buckhorn cabins.

If it is o.k., my friend Morris Weinstein (owns a site in The Club @ Buckhorn) would like to join us. Could he be 52?:)

ajducote
08-22-2009, 07:08 PM
We are at Buckhorn. Where is everyone? We are ready to party. Nice Place.
13 hours on the road today. Houston was interesting to drive thru, bit the 1604 loop around San Antino was great.

phorner
08-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Andre,

Glad you made it safe and sound to Buckhorn Lake.

We tried to leave it in nice shape for your arrival :D

Loc
08-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Tuga,

We would be happy to have Morris and anyone else join us. He must be the guy with the Newell that is just across the creek. Let me know if anyone will be with him so that I can get the nametags done.

Andre,

Glad you made it. We look forward to seeing you at Labor Day.

All,

Somebody sent me an email about Bandera. I mentioned in the schedule that Buckhorn is running a bus to Bandera or Saturday and Sunday for anyone that is interested. Someone else wanted to know if anyone would be interested in going to Fredericksburg to eat some German food and perhaps go to the Nimitz Museum. We leave the days open for everyone to do whatever they would like.

merle&louise
08-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Loc,

I just received an email from Morris, I don't think they are going to be able to make it. He said that they were working on it, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Too bad, he & his wife Vicki are really nice people. If I hear from him I will let you know a.s.a.p. so you can make name tags. Sorry to be so iffy, but it is out of my control.

There is a beautiful development in Bandera called Bridlegate that I would like to see. There are 2-5 acre lots on the Medina River with beautiful live oak trees. The lots start @ $60,000. I am going to drive there in my car to check it out. I would take the bus but then I wouldn't have a way to see Bridlegate. Sounds like a nice little town.

Karen & I are really looking forward to the Fat Beagle Rally:D

Ray Davis
08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
51 people. :eek: I think you're setting a record for the largest mini-rally. We had 21 coaches out at Rancho last year for our mini-rally, however I don't think we beat 51 people (but were close)

Have a GREAT time.

Ray

rfoster
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Loc: Congrats on pulling that many folks together. That will be a real undertaking to keep those POG folks on the straight and narrow.

Its amazing how much talent lurks within the POG organization.

We just had a "mini-mini" group this past weekend - and the talent was phenomenal. The POG traveling band performed a couple of times (absent DANSS - mountain dancer).

If you folks ever get a chance - you should tune in and turn on to Jay Faires, (12 yrs old) an absolutely amazing talented young man. His Mom and Dad play great too (Hobobimmer)- and not to leave out Sandy and Ed Brockman on Bass and Mandolin. Great down ay home entertainment--by the POG Traveling Band.

We thoroughly enjoyed them.

We also enjoyed the company of some very talented cooks - Jamie and Debbie Bradford, Tom (Truk4u) and Nance Chilicote, Jon and Di Wehrenburg, Bob05 and Deb Boies. My talent is eating.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG0187.jpg
Jay with his early birthday present A Les Paul edition--Gibson -beautiful guitar - sounds great too!

Life is good.

rfoster
08-24-2009, 01:46 PM
More Photos of the POG Traveling Band: Sandy, and Ed Brockman, and side view of Debbie Faires--picking and grinning.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG0178.jpg

rfoster
08-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Ed had an issue with his toliet while visiting us and he called the yellow pages for a plumber. They sent out the old guy (I meant to say young) in the red T shirt from Mangos? He fixed it with Eds help. Or Ed fixed it with his help. Mango is expanding.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG0197-1.jpg

Like I said - very talented group of folks.

Loc
08-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Roger,

I guess my invitation got lost in the mail. It will probably show up in the next few days. You know how those government employees are. Did you have everyone at your house? Looks like it was a great time. I am amazed that you didn't end up with a flock of sheep grazing in the front yard.

Jay, Deb and Eric joined us last year in Kerrville for the Fat Beagle and they are amazing - especially Jay. What a talented young man. I can't wait to see the pictures of Jay opening for John Anderson.

Was Bob still driving that 05 Millennium? I haven't talked to him in a while and know that he had it up for sale. Maybe Debi is making him take a short paws.

We wish we could talk some of the Tennessee or Southeast contingent into coming to Kerrville, but recognize that it is a long drive.

Its nice to see that Mango can still afford the top supermodels for his clothing line. Was that a shot from the fall catalog?

GDeen
08-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks like a great weekend. I hope the Sooners whip BYU after I have had the privilege of paying Jerry Jones $150 to park my bus at his stadium, or I am gonna be pizzed.

Troutline
08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
If you are willing to bring a dessert or side dish for Saturday dinner please let me know.

We will plan to bring an Asian salad and a Cajun side dish.

Carol and Jim Trout

merle&louise
08-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Loc,

Which day are we going to do the pot luck?

We were planning to do the fried shrimp wrapped in bacon, crawfish pies, and a dessert.

Loc
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Tuga,

Pot luck dinner for side dishes and desserts is Saturday. Remember to bring your favorite protein (beef, pork, chicken, yak, buffalo, etc.) for grilling on the large Buckhorn Burner.

Happy hours are Saturday and Sunday.

Loc

Pete
08-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone interested in traveling to Kerrville for the Fat Beagle Rally on Thursday?
Tuga & Karen are going to over night at the "Petree Poor Farm" on Wednesday. We plan to leave for Kerrville late morning on Thursday, and invite anyone to join in the "Caravan". We can meet on I-10 in the exit #718 vicinity. Those interested, please reply on this site or call Pete & E.J. (979-627-7050) for further details.

Loc
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Petree Poor Farm - more like Petree Acres Top Notch RV Resort

JIM KELLER
08-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Pete, Karen and I sure wish we were going to be there with you guys. Hello to EJ, Karen and Tuga !

Pete
08-30-2009, 12:10 PM
We wish you could be here as well. I THINK it would be good for your CC to make the trip, and I KNOW it would be good for you and Karen to get a little Texas sun and hospitality in the hill country. Who knows, someone might even tell a lie. (Loc most likely)

Loc
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I have made reservations for Friday (tomorrow night) at the Lake House restaurant at 6:15 pm. I am trying to get a general headcount to make sure that we have enough room reserved. If you are planning on joining us for dinner tomorrow, please let me know. I have a reservation for 25 and need to let the restaurant know if we need more space.

ajducote
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Loc,

We are in for the Lake house

The party has already started.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Here are the pictures we took during our Great Time at the Fat Beagle Bash 2009. http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/FatBeagleBash2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCO34rJKfm7jYJg#

The best viewing is to run the slideshow and set the frame time for about 5 seconds.

I could not remember everyone's names, so I am sorry if I didn't put yours down below your picture, BUT come-on I helped go thru 36 pitchers of Margarittas that weekend. :eek: :) If you have some friends that were there but won't see this POG post, feel free to forward the slide show on to them to enjoy.

Gary S.

Loc
09-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks to everyone that attended this year's Fat Beagle. We had 48 campers and 62 for dinner on Saturday night. This year was definitely a good time even with the rain on Saturday and the shattering events of Saturday night (I let someone else tell this year's Murphy story). Thanks Gary for posting the pictures. I ended up being a little busy making the 36 pitchers of Beagleritas to take many pictures. Make your plans now for next year's shindig - as they same on TV - same Beagletime, same Beaglechannel.

Loc
09-09-2009, 12:12 PM
A couple of thank yous for the Fat Beagle.

A special thanks goes to Ann Ducote. Not only did Ann and Andre get the longest traveler award (Florida to Kerrville), but Ann shows up with a box koozies that she has embroidered with the Fat Beagle Bash 2009 and a somewhat svelte (skinner) head shot of the Fat Beagle. As soon as I get some time I will post some pictures of Ann's work. Thanks Ann you have received Hero Beagle status.

As was the case last time we camped with Merle and Louise, Hero Beagle status goes to Tuga and Karen for the best appetizers ever at a Happy Hour. Karen made crawfish pies that are fantastic. All I can say is that if you get the chance to try one, take two or three or you will regret it. Not to be outdone, Tuga made fried shrimp brochette that went quicker than he could fry up the next batch.

Pete Petree fried and scrambled eggs to order on Sunday morning, stepping in for the greatly missed Mel "the Egg Flipper" Torme. Pete even helped to keep me from burning the pancakes.

Gary and Peggy provided the Mimosas on Sunday morning for breakfast and also provided Triple Sec for the Beagleritas so that we could keep the pitchers coming. I had two bottles and ran out on Saturday.

And finally, thanks to Tony and Jenny Conder (Aggies 09) for supplying backup Tequilla for Sunday and grocery shopping for needed supplies so that the Sunday happy hour would stay happy.

Thanks everybody!!!!

GDeen
09-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Sounds like a great weekend - we will definitely make it next year.:cool:

merle&louise
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Big Thank you to everyone involved in the Fat Beagle Bash 2009. There's nothing like a rally honoring a Fat Beagle.

Karen & I had a great time at Pete and EJ's house Wednesday night before the rally. They have a beautiful place in Sealy. It is so quiet out there we slept until 8:30 AM! Then to top off a perfect day, Pete allowed me to drive his beautiful Vision to Kerrville while Karen drove my Newell.:D

Another big thank you to Loc & Company for putting this rally together. It was a lot of work, but the LocMan did a great job as usual. I wasn't aware that Loc was such a expert bait caster; he retrieved one of the M&M's shoes that was floating in the river. Ask me how the shoe got in the river?

Andre & Ann thanks for the coozies and also for coming the longest distance. See you guys in OKC.

And of course Gary & Peggy are due a really big thank you for providing the Beaglearitas and the 2 pop up tents. Those tents were really nice to get out of the sun. The only thing that would have made it nicer would have been to change the colors of the tents to purple & gold! Go Tigers!

One of the things Karen & I like most about the rallies is the opportunity to meet new people. We met new members (to us) Tony & Jenny Conder and Carol & Jim Trout. They were super!

Looking forward to next year!

Loc
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Gordon,

When I saw the scores on Sunday, I was thinking you would have had a better time with the Fat Beagle than at Jerryworld.

Loc

GDeen
09-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Gordon,

When I saw the scores on Sunday, I was thinking you would have had a better time with the Fat Beagle than at Jerryworld.

Loc

You are so right Loc - got a beatdown on national tv plus lost our star QB. At least we were camped with nice folks.

Pete
09-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Loc, thanks again for a great weekend......E.J. and I had a ton of fun and are looking forward to next year.

garyde
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I didn't see a picture of the Host, 'Fat Beagle' . It looked like a great time, too bad it's so far from here. See you guys soon.