PDA

View Full Version : For Pilots mostly...

Journeyone144
04-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Morning My Dear Friends,
Just a quickie note from me to explain about the messages below..altho they really are self explanatory...John is in his 70's now but still has the same lust for life as me...Maybe one of you will write to him in my name...and find you have something pleasant in common...and who knows what might come of a new friendship..
See the Picture Album I have up about my Cousin John Hood on my Webshots Website...
Blessing's and Love Always Viv

----- Original Message -----
To: jhood89ca @dslextreme.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: are you in fl.?

OOOhhhh Dear Cousin John,

I just love being able to say that...Cousin...!!!!

But I'm terribly sorry to hear you're so concerned that the diagnosis will be negative...Please let me know when you find out for sure...I'll be saying prayer for you...

I know how exhilarating it must be for you to have hopes you can get your plane back...Oh my Gosh John that would be just wonderful...and really give you something you could sink your teeth into at a time when it will do you more good than it ever has before...Believe me I know...We sorely need something to give us reason to ..."Keep on Keeping on"...

I just took a 60 hr. Greyhound bus ride to Greenville, SC...and from there a 14 mile taxi ride to Piedmont, SC...and Karalina Koaches to look at another Prevost...fruitlessly...It was horrible weather the whole trip...Strong Winds and Rain almost every single one of the 5 days I was gone...Caught a nasty cold/virus on top of the COPD and was down for a week when I got home fighting that off...praying it didn't turn into pneumonia...but I was lucky and it got better but left me with an aching back that just won't let up....

I never had chronic pain before theis and it's pretty hard to handle...feel sorry for myself...but I know that only happens because I spend sooo much time alone...when there's no one to talk to much you do tend to become mororse....it's just the natural way of things...I keep busy as I can but I'm only really interested in getting out in my RV...like you in your Plane...

The wonderful wanderlust Star we were both born under has become a monkey on our backs...and I'm sure I'll take mine to my grave with me...maybe you will too....but so what ...we still have our fantastic memories and nothing or noone can take them from us...so Dream On kiddo...and make whatever part of your Dream come true...that you possibly can...

Oh my Gosh it would be soooo wonderful if you can get your plane back and get it air worthy again...~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~ If I can help in any way do let me know John...

John I know there are a good many private pilots that are members of the POG..."Prevost Owners Group"... that I belong to so I'm going to take it upon myself to send a copy of this message to that Group...Maybe someone there will be interested in making your acquaintance and might be of future help in finding any parts you might need for your plane down the road...or whatever...Maybe you'll just make a new friend...Someone may even know the Pilot that has it stored in St. Augustine...after they talk to you...and chatting about you and Evel Knievel would be a lot of fun for anyone...Such outrageous memories...

Blessing's and Love Galore Cousin Viv...
Two Cousins truly cut from the same cloth...

About my Cousin John Hood, Evel Knievel and more.....
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568525624QuppAX
----- Original Message -----
To: journeyone
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:54 AM
Subject: are you in fl.?

Hi cousin Vivian,
Don't know where you are but I can try earth link and see if
it gets to you.So much has happened since we talked via
e-mail.Go for the biopsy the 14 th may.It is pretty certain to
be positive and some form of treatment will be suggested.
Hope you are well and maybe looking for the dream bus.
Jerry and I have been negotiating to buy my csssutt Airplane
back from the pilot in St.Augustine.It has been in storage just
50 miles from Jerry's hanger in port Charlotte.Bartow Airport
is just up route 17 from Jerry.We are figuring on shipping it
all,which is apart in a truck set on a jig made for shipping
Airplanes. That was in 1981 29 years ago.I think it is restorable
if not too far deteriorated.Jerry will look at it in a couple of weeks.
I am anxious to fly again in something I can maintain and I can
this one because I built it from 72 to 75 and flew it for 5 years.
That is a good feature with Experimental Airplanes that you build
yourself and want to keep it airworthy.Tell me what is happening. John

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.287 / Virus Database: 270.12.4/2082 - Release Date: 04/27/09 06:19:00