PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Cool Looking Silver Eagle

GDeen
04-25-2009, 10:20 PM
On Staley's site....seems like a lot of bus for the money with the relatively recent rebuild if one is into the Silver Eagles...how do they ride and handle compared to a Prevost?

http://www.staleycoach.com/48856.htm

Darrell McCarley
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
GORDON.........The Eagle has a nice ride and drive but Prevost is by far the best. You can buy a nice 1993 Prevost Country Coach for less money at "rv4sell.com. I sold my Prevost several years ago and could not find a replacement Prevost so I bought an 01 Eagle to use while still shopping for a Prevost. I drove the Eagle for about a year. I could not wait until I found my next Prevost.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Are the suspensions on those totally relying on torsion bars or are there air bags in conjunction with them?

GDeen
04-26-2009, 09:51 AM
GORDON.........The Eagle has a nice ride and drive but Prevost is by far the best. You can buy a nice 1993 Prevost Country Coach for less money at "rv4sell.com. I sold my Prevost several years ago and could not find a replacement Prevost so I bought an 01 Eagle to use while still shopping for a Prevost. I drove the Eagle for about a year. I could not wait until I found my next Prevost.

Thanks Darrell - I would not buy that vintage a coach at my neophyte level but I have always heard about Silver Eagles and was curious about the ride. Sounds like the Prevost is better.

Darrell McCarley
04-26-2009, 11:32 AM
JOE.........Torsion bars only. No air bags.

michaeldterry
04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm an old Eagle guy who still loves them - having literally "grown up" on Eagle entertainer coaches in the music business and having owned Barbara Mandrell's Eagle 10 as my first bus (after she retired from touring). I still think that nothing rides quite like the Eagle torsilastic suspension, but while shopping for my current bus, I was converted to a Prevost believer. Over time, I became more and more concerned with the Eagle as a long term asset as the existing population of Eagles on the road aged with no service or parts support. If I had the means, the space, the mechanical expertise, and the time - I would love to own another Eagle as a "toy" or project bus - but I am quite happy with my Prevost and would not consider trading her for any Eagle.

The bus referenced on the Staley site by Gordon is a beautiful example of a remanufactured Eagle with a nice clean and simple conversion. In my opinion however, the price is about 20-30% too high for this bus in the current economy.