PDA

View Full Version : Go West Young Man

Jamie Bradford
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I plan on departing in July and heading to Coeur d'Alene , ID - Seattle - Pacific Coast Highway - LA - OKC ( POG Rally) - back to Chattanooga.

I will need to store the bus in Seattle for 10-12 days ? and LA for 2 weeks ? or so?

Any ideas on storage facilities? I would like to be able to keep it plugged in. I have thought about contacting some RV dealers to see if they will store it.

If anyone is heading west this summer I would welcome a convoy for any part of the journey.

Thanks for your input and any ideas on good places to stay , places not to miss , etc etc etc..............

Thanks

Jamie

Kevin Erion
04-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Jaime, let me know when you will be in LA, I have a fenced yard with 50Amp.

jelmore
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Places not to miss? These were ours: Thermopolis, the Tetons, and Moose, Wyoming, Glacier National Park, the boats in Cour d'Alene, Mt. Ranier, the humbling view from the visitor's center at Mt. St. Helen's, The Jimi Hendrix museum in Seattle, Cape Flattery out on the Olympic Peninsula, the Redwoods, Napa County Fairgrounds in Calistoga. Candlestick Park (0 stars) is only 10 minutes from downtown San Francisco, Ventura is a nice place to hole up for a while. Forewarned: the north part of 101 will beat up your suspension. It's a lovely, grand, spectacular, memorable trip.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Great post Jim. You got everyone envious with that one:)

BrianE
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Jamie, Assuming you'll be needing a nearby airport while the bus is stored, you might consider Portland as your departure point. We're located 15 miles north of PDX and you're welcome to plug in next to our bus barn. We might even be willing to take you to the airdrome in exchange for a breakfast stop. :)

rfoster
04-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Brian:

Jamie is a car dealer, You can get more than a biscuit for that kind of service. Y'all might even get something beside mole meat.

Speaking of Moles makes me think of your neighbor Peter and his smart car--
We ran up on another coach at TJCC with a toter and a Smart Car on the back.

BrianE
04-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Roger, Sorry to hear that. And he sounded like such a nice guy. I guess if he sells GM he will need a free hookup. Would guess eggs mcmac will be the best we can do for breakfast too. Even molemeat beats McDonalds. :eek:

Thanks for the info on the Smart Car. Too bad you can't come up with a pic or two. A little competition for Peter would be a good thing.

Jamie Bradford
04-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Kevin , Ray , and Brian thanks for your offers---- Once I get my travel plans

a little bit more precise I will be in touch.

Mole meat and grits will not be a problem either.... I will pack some on the bus.:)

Here are some pics of the Smart Car.

Thanks

Jamie

ps When is the western convoy heading to OKC?

Joe Cannarozzi
04-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Whos bus is that?

BrianE
04-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Good question about the convoy Jamie. But my guess is after seeing those Smartcar pics, Peter will be off sulking by himself. :mad: