PDA

View Full Version : BX 93 Belt for A/C on CC

dale farley
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Can someone verify that the B 93 is the proper 2-groove (1-piece) belt for my alternator and A/C? I have one that Truk gave me, but I am having problems getting it on.

Also, can anyone tell me why when you search on BX 93, you get no results. I know it has been discussed, but the "Search" says "no results. I am searching all forums and all dates, and I do have the correct format. I know the BX 93 was discussed in this post http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=2194&highlight=AC+belt&page=5. , but it does not come up in a search.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Dale, I believe Jim Keller is the authority on that belt??

JIM

michaeldterry
04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Dale - try your seach as BX93 (no spaces) and several results will come up.

Also, a quick review of the said results informs me that the preferred replacement for your application is the B93 (the difference is that the BX93 has teeth and the B93 is a "power belt" - thicker and no teeth)

Can someone verify that the B 93 is the proper 2-groove (1-piece) belt for my alternator and A/C? I have one that Truk gave me, but I am having problems getting it on.

Also, can anyone tell me why when you search on BX 93, you get no results. I know it has been discussed, but the "Search" says "no results. I am searching all forums and all dates, and I do have the correct format. I know the BX 93 was discussed in this post http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=2194&highlight=AC+belt&page=5. , but it does not come up in a search.

truk4u
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Dale,

The belt I gave you came from Orren and I know it was the correct one. I always had to remove the idler pulley to make a belt change, it was real tight even with the alternator/compressor at there most slack position.

dale farley
04-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I talked with Jim Keller and he also mentioned about removing the idler pulley. I took off BX94 belts, so they were much looser and easier to deal with. I've never had a problem with the 94's, but they were starting to crack with age. No teeth missing.