PDA

View Full Version : Villa Buddy Seat Repair

truk4u
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I have a Villa passenger seat with all electric controls and the foot rest would no longer function without help. There are 4 motors and the seat comes apart in 3 sections. The middle section has 3 motors and controls the forward/aft, front and rear tilt. The upper sections is where the motor and screw gear is located for the foot rest. On mine, the motor is good, but the gearbox is failing and the plastic gears are slipping.

The reason I'm mentioning this, is Villa told me parts are getting scarce and some items are no longer available. The gearbox is 45.00 and still available. So if you're having issues, you may want to "get er done."

No comments on the dirty garage, wind blowing like crazy

Footrest motor, gearbox and screw

Gearbox being replaced

phorner
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Good pix, Truk..... stocking up on some of these soon-to-be-real-scarce parts is probably a real good idea.

Thanks for the heads up....

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Tom, how do you know the seat is a Villa?
Is there a name plate on it.
Do you think I have a villa seat as well?

JIM

truk4u
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Jim,

There are no markings on the seat identifying the manufacturer. I got that information from Liberty.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
OK, thanks, I'll check with Liberty to see what I have.

I guess your implying the company is still in business, but has changed the design, and is running out of parts to support the old models?

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi
04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Seems to me a converter is derelict in their duties if they do not include the manufacturers info and data on all the components and accessories.

I would not expect info on every screw and nut but the seats in the cockpit seem like a big enough component to include their documentation.

No good Mr. Liberty.

tdelorme
04-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Seems to me a converter is derelict in their duties if they do not include the manufacturers info and data on all the components and accessories.

I would not expect info on every screw and nut but the seats in the cockpit seem like a big enough component to include their documentation.

No good Mr. Liberty.

But, Joe. If your company made a chair like the ones in our Liberty's, wouldn't you put the name of your company somewhere on the chair? Not only the name of the company, but the model number of the chair. At least with Liberty we can still call and get information about our units. Even antiques like mine. Has anyone spoken to Mr. Country Coach lately? Or, how about Mr. Hickox? Documentation has a way of getting lost over the years as we all know. Being able to get info from the convertor is worth it's weight in gold.

truk4u
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Jim - Villa International seems to be alive and well, their customer service is excellent. The parts guy was very familiar with Prevost and Liberty. I think they make the best RV furniture out there, but I suppose parts for old seats will eventually become hard to find. This stuff is built to last and the quality can easily be seen when you take them apart.

Joe - The furniture name was probably on my spec sheet, but I just called Liberty and they had the answer. The big couch in Jamie's CC was also Villa and when I removed it, I don't recall any markings on it as well.

Ted - Good point, nice to be able to talk to a guy at Liberty that was there when my 15 year old bus was built, that's priceless!;)

phorner
04-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I spoke with a regional rep from Villa after the FMCA rally in St Paul last summer and she confirmed that Villa would have all the specs for our furniture available simply by providing the Liberty Coach number.

She further indicated that Villa had a close relationship with Liberty Coach and that there was plenty of documentation for the Prevost conversions.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-21-2009, 01:13 PM
That's really nice to know Paul, thanks for passing the info on!

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi
04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Jimmy boy, how long are you going to make that poor bus sit in the garage before you decide to use it.:(

Ya better hurry up cause if you wait too long it is going to turn on you.

Think of how depressing it will be if and when your tires get 10 years old and you are pulling and throwing them away with 90% tread. You don't wanna be that guy do ya.

We are a 6 hr ride apart, come on over and spend a few days the camper will love you for it. Oh ya, nice hat.

gmcbuffalo
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
In my 92 Beaver I have Villa seats and there is a Tag in the back pockets (like you see on mattress) that as the model and brand, even says made expressly for Beaver.
GregM