PDA

View Full Version : Tom Johnson Prevost Rally

Jamie Bradford
04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
What a FIRST CLASS operation.!!!!

This place is fantastic & I have never been more impressed with the way a company takes care of "prospective customers".

Everyone is having a blast !!!

We all went to Biltmore today and met the " New Vanderbilts"

Jon Wehrenberg
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
I understand that couple sold the Biltmore. They wanted slide outs and it did not have any.

merle&louise
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Who is that old man standing next to that beautiufl woman?:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
The "Biltmore" sure is beautiful. I enjoy visiting it often. :D

JIM

truk4u
04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Tuga,

It's Junior Samples!:p

Jerry Winchester
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I thought it was Dub Taylor

rfoster
04-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Bite me!

Y'all are all AWOL.

You should be here. They have great food with tablecloths. Beautiful facilities. A service facility with 36 bays. (105' wide X 200 yards long) I ain't lying this time. 400 plus sites. First class operation. No 2 RV dealer in the country. In the middle of nowhere (between Ashville and Statesville NC on I -40) - he has to be doing something right. A first class family business and it shows from every aspect.

Having a great time with lots of the POG group.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Someone get over to Sawdust, I know he is there, and make sure he has plenty of pepperoni for the dog. Thanks in advance.

Jamie Bradford
04-18-2009, 09:45 PM
What a GREAT TIME!!!

No fridge:( but I would like to thank Paulette & Dale and Bonnie & Don for adopting the " pot pies that went around the world".... I wonder if I should start putting state stickers on them??

We enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting some wonderful new folks!!

This is not the best picture but it is the best picture that I have....

Jamie:cool:

bonhall41
04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
It was our pleasure to help out. By the way, "girls rule" in Wi Golf! Hope to see everyone again soon.

Bonnie

dale farley
04-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Tom Johnson's family and staff truly did a fantastic job of entertaining us while at the Extravaganza. I am sure this will be an event that continues to grow each year they have it. The Friday night finale was a fish fry, bond fire, and top notch entertainment. We also got a tour of their impressive maintenance facility that was so clean you could almost eat off the floor. They displayed about a dozen new and used Prevosts for sale, and I think they sold about three of them during the event. Dan and I each found one we really liked, but we just assumed the price was out of our budgeted amount for the week.

One of the highlights of the event was the trip to Biltmore. Here are a few pictures. We were given first class transportation as can be noted by the two Prevosts that took us site seeing.

tdelorme
04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
It was our pleasure to help out. By the way, "girls rule" in Wi Golf! Hope to see everyone again soon.

Bonnie

Bonnie, I've never heard of "Wi Golf," but I'm thinking only girls play that game, so, yea, you all rule.:)
Sounds like you folks had a great time up there.

dale farley
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
A few pictures of the thousands of flowers we saw while at the Biltmore.

michaeldterry
04-19-2009, 08:27 AM
I'll echo all the positive comments regarding the Tom Johnson Prevost Rally, the first class operation, the beautiful camping facilities, and the spectacular way that we were treated and entertained! This was our first Prevost event and Vita and I were stunned (in a good way) with the attention to detail demonstrated by every person on the Tom Johnson team. The hospitality was incredible! We somehow lost a locking pin from our Blue Ox tow bar on the way to the rally. We went to the parts department to buy a replacement. The parts staff rummaged around in a spare parts bin in the back for a bit and found the exact one we needed! How much? NO CHARGE! Unbelievable!

We met several fellow POGgers and many other Prevost owners - all very nice and inclusive. Our two dogs, on their first trip in the bus, had a ball and assimilated to bus travel beautifully!

To those of you who missed this event: Please don't miss it next year! Everything about it was enjoyable! There was absolutely no "sales pitch" or "hard sell" from Tom Johnson at any time. However, after seeing their operation showcased in such a wonderful way, they've gained a couple of new fans in Vita and me!

michaeldterry
04-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Pictures from the TJCC Prevost Rally

Random snaps of our rig, our puppies, and fellow attendees.

michaeldterry
04-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Here are a few more random pictures.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys for all the nice pictures.

Say Michael, would you care to reveal how you went about posting your pictures? I like that viewers are able to magnify them to full screen.

JIM

lewpopp
04-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Mike,

It looks like they only let real old people at the rally. Gee, that's why I had to stay away. Same with Jon.

rfoster
04-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Lew: There were young people at the rally. You and Jon could have come.

//http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG0026.jpg[/IMG]

Danss
04-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the sweet remark! Dan

michaeldterry
04-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Mike,

It looks like they only let real old people at the rally. Gee, that's why I had to stay away. Same with Jon.

Lew - there were actually more "young" people in attendance than we anticipated! Here are a couple of "younger" examples!

Since I'll be a "young" 55 in October and my "child bride" will be 49 in September, we definitely identify with the "youngsters" of any age! :cool:

Regardless of age, everyone we met at the rally was friendly and fun! After all - they are "bus people!"

michaeldterry
04-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Say Michael, would you care to reveal how you went about posting your pictures? I like that viewers are able to magnify them to full screen.
JIM

Jim - I'm not sure what I did to enable magnification, but I did resize the pictures in Photoshop Elements v7 before posting because the files were too large to be uploaded to POG. Once I had the pics resized, I simply uploaded them using the "manage attachments" button in the "attach files" box under Additional Options below the "Reply to Thread" message box.

The original picture files were more than 2 megs each, so I used Photoshop to batch resize the files to 35% of original size.

dale farley
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
There was one couple there in their 20's that were already on their 3rd Prevost. Either had it handed to them, or they were very enterprising. They were in an 07 or 08 H3 and were looking at newer ones.

Jamie Bradford
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Who was that Dale?? What did they look like?

dale farley
04-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Jamie, I don't know their names. (Paulette may, but she's not here.) He was rather tall with blond hair, I think. I believe their current bus was on the back row of the park.

dalej
04-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Wasn't that pool in the basement cool?

dale farley
04-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice picture Dale. You must have smuggled your camera in.

michaeldterry
04-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Nice picture Dale. You must have smuggled your camera in.

We "smuggled" our camera in and got busted on the very first picture I tried to take! :eek: :o

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I can't believe I know and call you friends.:( And to think this is going to put a black eye on the good name of all POG Members everywhere.

You were told NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED in the castle, BUT YOU took pictures anyway !:mad: I just can't believe it. :mad:

Did you get any more, we would love to see them ! :D

Gary S.

michaeldterry
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
The only inside picture I got was of the harpist in the Winter Garden. I thought I was being discreet (no flash, keeping the camera low, etc.), but they had eagle eyes!

I'm so ashamed..... :o :D (After I embarrassed us, Vita put the camera away in her bag!)